BarrelBlondie22

The "circle Of Trust" Pt. Ii

I don't understand the point of promise rings either but I love mine lol like i feel sad without it on.

We were dating three months before we talked about getting married, we moved in together at three months and have made it successful for over a year now. I know he's the one and vise versa and i'm sure we'd be engaged if he had money for a ring but to be honest i'm not concerned right now. I can't even begin to save for a wedding till i'm done school this april but according to my 'timeline' I want him to ask sometime next year :P

Does anyone else have those timelines on when you want things to happen?

Like for me, I want to be engaged when i'm 21-22. Married when i'm 22-23. Married for a couple years or so, get a new house, get things settled in place then possibly try for kids when i'm 25-26. I flat out refuse to have kids after i'm 30. If things don't line up and i'm 30 before things settled down, i won't have kids. I've heard not so great things about the risks of women having kids in their later years and I want to be young enough to keep up with my kids. So I'm 20 now, I have 5 years till I need to even consider that road, I think that's fairly decent a timeline lol

I hate that Jeff's brothers girlfriend literally harasses her boyfriend for a ring. They've been dating for 4 years? and he won't propose, he doesn't like the idea of marriage and maybe there's an underlying reason but he won't do it. She has told him that she will go out and buy herself an engagement ring and declare them engaged. She has also said that when he sold his mustang that he HAD to set 2k away for a ring(he traded straight across for a sidexside hahaha) and she always bugs and bugs and basically tries to force him into marriage. I feel sorry for the guy.

I don't understand the point of promise rings either but I love mine lol like i feel sad without it on.

We were dating three months before we talked about getting married, we moved in together at three months and have made it successful for over a year now. I know he's the one and vise versa and i'm sure we'd be engaged if he had money for a ring but to be honest i'm not concerned right now. I can't even begin to save for a wedding till i'm done school this april but according to my 'timeline' I want him to ask sometime next year :P

Does anyone else have those timelines on when you want things to happen?

Like for me, I want to be engaged when i'm 21-22. Married when i'm 22-23. Married for a couple years or so, get a new house, get things settled in place then possibly try for kids when i'm 25-26. I flat out refuse to have kids after i'm 30. If things don't line up and i'm 30 before things settled down, i won't have kids. I've heard not so great things about the risks of women having kids in their later years and I want to be young enough to keep up with my kids. So I'm 20 now, I have 5 years till I need to even consider that road, I think that's fairly decent a timeline lol

I hate that Jeff's brothers girlfriend literally harasses her boyfriend for a ring. They've been dating for 4 years? and he won't propose, he doesn't like the idea of marriage and maybe there's an underlying reason but he won't do it. She has told him that she will go out and buy herself an engagement ring and declare them engaged. She has also said that when he sold his mustang that he HAD to set 2k away for a ring(he traded straight across for a sidexside hahaha) and she always bugs and bugs and basically tries to force him into marriage. I feel sorry for the guy.

Yeah I also feel sorry for her though. If he's never going to marry her then he should probably let her go...or she should figure it out for herself and leave if she has her heart set on being married.

Yeah I also feel sorry for her though. If he's never going to marry her then he should probably let her go...or she should figure it out for herself and leave if she has her heart set on being married.

If you knew her and them you wouldn't feel sorry for her. She treats him like garbage but he doesn't want to leave because he thinks he wont find someone else. He is being an *** and stringing her along though. It's just a weird relationship. He doesn't want to get married, she does. He won't leave her and she won't leave him so.. i don't understand, we just kinda leave them be.

That sucks! How miserable it must be to be in a relationship like that! Yikes! Makes you feel good about your own though, right? Haha jeez

Stevie - regardless of the point of them, id sure have no complaints about getting a promise ring...what girl can say no to a pretty piece of jewelry? :D

J is so dang adorable when he wakes up. I wish he didn't have to get up for work right when I get home from work.

I'm super excited because I think I know what I'm getting him for christmas. I found a groupon deal for two nights at a hotel on the coast only about half an hour north of his hometown.

I like the idea because when I was trying to figure out what to get him I made a list of the few things he ever expresses a desire for...and it pretty much just included car stuff and visiting his dad. And then last week we were in tacoma for a car part and he mentioned how he never gets a chance to actually spend time on the west side, like going over and spending the night or something instead of just hurrying over and back.

So I figue a couple nights on the coast will fulfill that desire to take a sort of vacation/getaway to the other side of the state...and we will get to see his dad, which is always good.

The groupon deal comes with two free drinks and an appetzer at the hotel's restaurant. plus, the hotel offers a romance package for an added charge that includes chocolates, sparkling wine, and the room being strewn with rose petals upon arrival. So it'll be more than just a hotel room. :)

I'm really glad to have finally come up with an idea...I stress about coming up with christmas present ideas. And this is legit enough that even if what he gets me is extravagant, what I'm getting him will still seem sufficient/fitting/not altogether lame in comparison lol. (And this may or may not be referring to my previous post about what he may or may not be getting me. Its up to you. Lol)

Ditto to the above! I can still appreciate getting jewelery, regardless of the reason! haha

Corrie- I think that's a great idea! It will be fun to get away for a couple days. I love going up to the north shore with Alex and exploring!

J is being a punk about Christmas presents. He doesn't want me to get him anything, even though I really want to. I'm going to get him some little stocking stuffer type things.

I have my eye on a coat for him for his birthday. He spoils me and he's just going to have to get over it if I want to give back some to him.

Yeah my hubby tries to tell me not to get him presents, but I don't listen. Lol I actually like giving gifts, so he just has to deal with it. Lol

It has definately been a long time since I have came around. So much has changed.

Firstly, I want to apologize for my posts in mid July. I care not to rehash them. I was not in a good place with myself and was basically having a break down. I made it through a better person, though. Or I would like to think so atleast.

On November 16, Jon and I tied the knot at the courthouse with my parents and his mom there. Maybe the reason for "hey, let's do this" wasn't the best, but looking back, I truly wish I would have done it sooner. We were moving into my grandma's house which has been vacant since she passed away last year. The reason for moving was to free up finances and to get away from some stressful things. The one stipulation for living there was getting married.

I do not regret it one bit. Maybe later we will have a small ceremony or reception. But our hearts were completely in the right place. We both knew that it would happen one day, it was just a matter of going for it. That little kick in the rear. :) We have been together since

April 1, 2009 and 'engaged' since March 1, 2010.

I wished I had more to say, but I have a sick husband to go check on. (Yeah, sick right? I got sick the day after we got married and am just now coming off of it. He is going into it. O.o)

Congrats Tabitha!

I dont know what to get my hubby for Christmas. He's been "thinking about it" for a month and he still has no idea. Think he is gonna end up with the cool PJ pants I found at target and some ammo.

So...

I have hinted at this before, but it is official at this point.

My boyfriend has a daughter.

A daughter that is younger than our relationship.

It puts alot of stress on everything. I am beginning to wonder when things will start rolling on this. And that is all I can say.

So...

I have hinted at this before, but it is official at this point.

My boyfriend has a daughter.

A daughter that is younger than our relationship.

It puts alot of stress on everything. I am beginning to wonder when things will start rolling on this. And that is all I can say.

oh dear... :huggy:

Younger by plus or minus 9 months? If you get my drift

+ 9 months.

AND I knew about this from before we started dating.

It was never a secret, but there was no confirmation at that time...

If you get my drift.

Anywho, we had a chat about it and I suppose I feel a little better. It is very difficult.

I can imagine. I've dated guys with kids and its a whole different animal.

In other news, my boyfriend is still totally sweet and I think we're going to be able to spend New Years in Nashville! Yaaaaay!

So I'm thinking that I'm going to get him some little stuff for Christmas, and nab a hotel in Louisville for us on our way to Nashville - it'll give us a day and night to ourselves before we go meet up with friends. I'm pretty excited about it :)

I feel so un appreciated lately. Like, I know he appreciates things I do but he doesn't show it nor really say it lately.

Like, Sunday, he was super tired and lazy after he got back from his weekend trip and didn't want to do anything but lay around all day. Okay..that's fine but what bothered me was.. I got him a snack while layed on the couch, granted it was for both of us but still. I got him a drink, I made him dinner, I gave him a back massage, I cleaned up the house a little and nothing. No thank you, no kisses for thank yous, nothing. Not to mention since he was so lazy he didn't really pay attention to me at all nor act like he missed me when he was gone. It was only a weekend trip, i didn't expect him to treat it like he hadn't seen me in weeks but a little of his attention would have been nice.. I eventually gave up trying to get his attention.

Last night, he asked me for another massage so i gave him one and no gratitude. I make him dinner every **** night and don't feel like he appreciated it except for the days where he will say it was really good. He doesn't have to say thank you every time i do something but i'd really like it if he showed me some appreciation like clean up without me having to ask after dinner or kiss me or SOMETHING not just sit there and watch tv.

I tried talking to him about how he doesn't seem to have much ambition after work anymore and how i don't like it and he didn't say anything like literally went quiet and i had to say "nothing?" and he just said "no..all that means is i need to work out and exercise again" well...yeah...

What do I do? I used to LOVE doing things for him but i feel he's taking that for granted cause i don't like it at all anymore.. like it used to make me happy to clean up the house when he didn't have time or make him dinner or give him a back rub but now i just want to tell him to get stuffed and do it himself. :( can I cry? ugh

I always say thank you and show appreciation when he does things for me like when he helps me with dinner, i say thank you or give him a big hug and kiss. When he puts something on the table for me, i say thank you babe...

Sometimes I am just baffled by how good we are together. Just how happy he makes me, how much we make each other smile and laugh and love each other so much. I don't even know how to handle it sometimes, lol. So overwhelmed with love.

:wub:

Done not so much.

Can't let myself expect anything. As long as I don't, it's exceedingly good. As soon as I expect the smallest thing he's going to let me down.

An old scar left him likely to run as soon as anyone takes hold. His first instinct is to fight, to run, to be free. But even he can't be alone forever.

There was a moment of confusion- a girl he's been playing relationship tag with for years. Like a dog chasing cars, she didn't know what to do with one when she caught it... and as soon as having her wasn't a thing of impossibility and mystery it was more or less over. There's a difference between loving the idea of someone, and loving them.

Something about the holidays brings all the exes out of the woodwork- for both him and I. I'll go home single at Christmas, and him and I talked about spending New Years together... simply because we never fail to have fun and enjoy being with one another. Maybe we will, maybe we won't. The less I push the easier it is for him to say yes.

Lesson in letting go.

Being with him feels right. We're both going to learn something from time together. Through as much garbage as there was, I can see how both of us have grown from it.

does everyone remember Maggie, my boyfriends best friend from high school that I have a kind of rough relationship with? wellllll she called Ed sobbing today (I was at work and he was off) and he had to go and see her) and you would not believe what her boyfriend did to her... he was beating her. repetitively. as much as I dislike her, I feel so bad for her. she had enough and had a restraining order put on him, and now he's in jail. he has kids and owns a gym, and she feels so bad about him being in jail and not with his kids. so Ed calmed her down a little and were hanging out Sunday.

does everyone remember Maggie, my boyfriends best friend from high school that I have a kind of rough relationship with? wellllll she called Ed sobbing today (I was at work and he was off) and he had to go and see her) and you would not believe what her boyfriend did to her... he was beating her. repetitively. as much as I dislike her, I feel so bad for her. she had enough and had a restraining order put on him, and now he's in jail. he has kids and owns a gym, and she feels so bad about him being in jail and not with his kids. so Ed calmed her down a little and were hanging out Sunday.

Oh my god, poor girl :( absolutely no one deserves that. I hope he stays in jail and far, far away from her forever.

Wellll it's been a great morning at work.

Found out my ex is gay. Got in an argument with him about how we each think the other is a terrible person. (no, it's not related to the gay thing. I don't care. I'm not the least bit surprised. I'm upset about things like the part where he strung me along for over a year, and thing slike that.) He proceeded to block me and post a status about how i'm a "vindictive grudge-holder" (other words used as well, which i can't repeat...) and when some girl offered to beat me up for him (jokingly, of course, i'm assuming) he said he'd like to see me curb-stomped.

Thaaaanks, man.

Edited by mygoldfish

Wellll it's been a great morning at work.

Found out my ex is gay. Got in an argument with him about how we each think the other is a terrible person. (no, it's not related to the gay thing. I don't care. I'm not the least bit surprised. I'm upset about things like the part where he strung me along for over a year, and thing slike that.) He proceeded to block me and post a status about how i'm a "vindictive grudge-holder" (other words used as well, which i can't repeat...) and when some girl offered to beat me up for him (jokingly, of course, i'm assuming) he said he'd like to see me curb-stomped.

Thaaaanks, man.

Oh wow! That is definitely some interesting info to receive...