BarrelBlondie22

The "circle Of Trust" Pt. Ii

Haha Krystal! No, you both look the same age to me.

I've had people think my father is my boyfriend, many times!! I want his aging genes- no gray and no wrinkles and no gut at 54, he doesn't look over 40 with a hat on.

is this the guy you met on the internet? have you guys had more than 1 visit together? i'm trying to remember but i thought there was only one time...

congrats on the marriage prospects though, thats exciting!!

yep thats the guy :) We've just had the one visit so far, but i'm going down there in a month-ish to see him and meet his family.

AND WE HAVE SKYPE NOW! WAHOO!!!

Alyse--You are amazing. Thanks. I know neither one of them is "The One" (the only "The One" I have ever met has four feet, lives outside, and snorts hay in his free time) but it doesn't stop it from being ridiculously confusing. I convinced Boy B to give me space to figure this out. We're kinda-sorta-in-something, but not in a relationship, which gives me room to breathe, thankgoodness! I hate feeling caged. I still have to figure out my feelings for Boy A.

Krystal, welcome to my sister's life and, on occasion, my own life! My father is 50 but looks 40 years old. One time, someone came to see my dad (who really didn't know him but it was about helping out on an odd job) and my sister waved across the yard to my dad saying "Daddy, someone is here to see you!". Unfortunately, this man thought "daddy" was a PET NAME. Ew.

I've had one boyfriend and he was a wonderful person. We're totally different, operate differently, think differently, dream differently, etc. But it worked.

What matters, ladies, is that they support your horsey lifestyle and are willing to learn about it. Some may never want to get in the saddle, and that is okay, so long as they accept that horses are a part of you.

Krystal, welcome to my sister's life and, on occasion, my own life! My father is 50 but looks 40 years old. One time, someone came to see my dad (who really didn't know him but it was about helping out on an odd job) and my sister waved across the yard to my dad saying "Daddy, someone is here to see you!". Unfortunately, this man thought "daddy" was a PET NAME. Ew.

omg thats gross lol

Krystal: I could honestly see you two being more siblings than father daughter. I agree with Hannah, that guy was on something lol

Mary, I know how you feel.

I had the non-horsey boyfriend. And he was GREAT. Like....if he had been a cowboy I'd probably be married right now, lol. But he wasn't a cowboy. Our relationship got to where I'd rather go ride my horse and practice than spend time with him. BAD. I realized that I need someone that understands that lifestyle and CRAVES it as much as I do. I know what it's like....the tension between different styles of riding and roping and the different opinions of different people in the relationship. I was the victim of that learning how to rope. My dad had one way of swinging his rope, my mom had another. They would bicker about it constantly. And dad can't stand how mom doesn't ever back her horses up after she stops them but those are just little things. That's just how my family is. I have to marry a cowboy.... And after hanging out with a roughie [a ROUGHIE even] I know that that's how is has to be. I can talk about what I love and not get a confused look or the fake "understanding" look.

You could always date him just to see where it goes. She what you like in relationships. But it always gets complicated. I know I'm setting myself up for a mess but I like it right now. I tend to live for NOW and not the future.

Joce, exactly! You made some points that just scream exactly how I feel. I mean I want to have kids someday and teach them how to ride, rope, have my own barn, rodeo on the weekends..etc.. I need to stop living in the future and just stop and think about now.

and thanks to everyone else who said something I'm going to give him a chance. Hes going with me to pick up some grain tomorrow so I don't have to go "alone", because the weather has been icy latley. I need to stop being shallow and live in the now and just have some fun. too much thking into the future!

krystal- OMMG hahahahah that made me laugh so hard! not at all does he look like your dad! LoL

boyfriends.....hmmm....had about 5 real ones

Haha Krystal! No, you both look the same age to me.

I've had people think my father is my boyfriend, many times!! I want his aging genes- no gray and no wrinkles and no gut at 54, he doesn't look over 40 with a hat on.

THAT HAPPENED TO ME ONCE,

i almost died.

we were at a bike race and i was sitting on the tailgate waiting for my dad to get back. the guy next to us was like "oh your such a good wife, i wish mine would come to my races!"

i almost cried.

freak.

and for the record, my dads the same way. i think he's 52, but either way, he's got a frickin 6 pack, not a single grey hair, and minor wrinkles. really just normal face wrinkles that anyone over 30 gets...

Edited by paintpony1

i almost died.

we were at a bike race and i was sitting on the tailgate waiting for my dad to get back. the guy next to us was like "oh your such a good wife, i wish mine would come to my races!"

i almost cried.

freak.

and for the record, my dads the same way. i think he's 52, but either way, he's got a frickin 6 pack, not a single grey hair, and minor wrinkles. really just normal face wrinkles that anyone over 30 gets...

Haha... I've gotten that before too..

But then some people think that my Mom and I are sisters and my Dad is both of our Dad's. That's so awkward. My parents are 10 years apart but you'd never know it. They both look really young for their age.

I haven't confronted my friend yet. I was going to do it tomorrow when he wouldn't be working but I have appointments all day, so I guess I'll wait until monday.

I'm staying sooo busy right now. School stuff and starting my own buisness, which I'm super excited about.

i almost died.

i almost cried.

freak.

your dad souds cute!! pics please?

haha KIDDING! Had to say that LoL

I am just going to get on here to say...

We are supposed to have a blizzard of epic proportions.

I am at J's house sick.

He has invited his friends over and they are partying.

I will be STUCK here for days snowed in.

Everyone send me good vibes.

If you dont hear from me for 2 weeks or so... Something bad has happened.

Good Bye KO.

Well I talked to Roger tonight and pretty much ended it. I told him I still liked him and that we should still be friends (all that cheesy stuff blah blah blah) and he agreed. So we are cool. I told him he is still welcomed here every time he passes through to go to his hunting spots. So I think things are ok. We both agreed maybe down the line something might work, but just not now.

I really wish he would have disagreed and fought for me, lol but oh well.

I just need to find a guy here and not waste my time. Im too young to be strapped to a long distance relationship, even though he was a GREAT guy.

So yea. :/

Of course, my luck before Valentines day but you know how that goes. :(

I hope I made the right decision.

your dad souds cute!! pics please?

haha KIDDING! Had to say that LoL

hahahaha ohhh myyyy

aw krystal. its snowing here, but im just with my parents...ive gotten snowed in with the bf before. for some reason. every time i go to his house the weather is always ka ka!

going for a steak dinner on our 6 month..feb 31! going to his house this weekend, so much funnn!

going for a steak dinner on our 6 month..feb 31! going to his house this weekend, so much funnn!

Psst. Only 28 days in February.

Lol :] But have fun.

Krystal: Best of luck. Hope you get to feelin' better.

I consider Jon my first real boyfriend. Sophmore year, I "dated" a Senior for 3 days before he said "I love you" which was followed by 3 negative things pertaining to my mom, home, and weight; even though I was rather fit. Sure, I have casually dated/hung out with others but none of them mean anything to me. They never did. They all taught me the real meaning of 'player' and a couple of explicits I cannot say. In the end, they only wanted one thing which when they found out it wasn't gonna happen, they turned tail and ran.

Jon rides also. He's a good rider, but we both know and accept that I have helped him alot because for those who ride my horses, generally, I tell them how they work. And it has helped him tremendiously. But we are both open to learning each other's tricks and trades. We mesh. : )

The talk went decent. Nothing really to update on.

hahaha....these wife/husband stories crack me up.

My friend B and I and my brother and my dad all went to Vegas. Well, the guy renting the car though that B was my dad's wife and we were the children. HI-LARIOUS. If she had gone along with it we could have gotten a free dinner!! haha...

My friend brought up a good point about relationships. When do you don't know what you want....just be happy. If you like where things are at--just keep it like that. Don't make it complicated. Just do whatever makes you happy. So for now....I'm going to be happy with Steve and have fun and not worry about the damned future. =)

Well... While I still have power, the blizzard has struck, and this was a bad idea. Oh Lord I wish I could leave.

Bad idea. Bad idea. Bad idea. Bad idea.

One more time... Bad idea.

I think I can go home in the morning maybe.

We have already had a horrible fight.

I pretty much told him I didnt like him and he wasnt treating me right.

Lord why am I stuck here?!?!

There's this guy in a class of mine this semester and the vibe I just get from him is just like a NEAT guy. I commute so it's tough to sometimes meet up with people for lunch, so as we left class together, just chatting, we wound up walking all the way to the caf and started to grab food. I joked about us eating together and he said sure, so we spent about an hour just talking.

Definitely not looking for anything I shouldn't be in this, but I just LOVE making guy friends. Granted, I have enough by far, but I don't mind getting more, haha. And I guess the fact he's cute and has really pretty eyes doesn't hurt anything either. =P

Tabby: Im soo happy you found him, you for sure deserve him after the experiences in your past, I remember reading them and wishing someone like him would come save you.

Barrelracer: I like your friends outlook :)

Krystal: Yikes, no one has a 4x4 that could come to your rescue?

I can't believe how freaking rigid people are about wedding colors. A yellow wedding, a red wedding? Come onnnn. Seriously, my wedding is going to be like the rainbow threw up everywhere. Bright, colorful, alive...FUN.

Ah, rules. Always fun to break.

Anywho. I get to see him tonightttt. We're going to make spaghetti, chicken parmesan or something similar, sauteed veggies, and bread. Cooking with him is always fun. And then Project Runway is on later. Exciting!

I want a blue and silver wedding. And I KNOW I want a classic white wedding dress with a long train, etc., etc., etc. but I think I want the dress to have a blue sash.

And I'm having Calla Lillies as my wedding flower despite people looking at me funny since they're the "funeral flower". I adore them. They're going to be everywhere.

pink and orange wedding. pastelly pink and orange wedding.

i have my entire wedding planned down to a TEE.

kristen - psh, whatever....then march 1, 2, and 3 doesnt exist :]

Edited by paintpony1

I want a blue and silver wedding. And I KNOW I want a classic white wedding dress with a long train, etc., etc., etc. but I think I want the dress to have a blue sash.

And I'm having Calla Lillies as my wedding flower despite people looking at me funny since they're the "funeral flower". I adore them. They're going to be everywhere.

That will be really pretty!

Calla Lillies are pretty common for wedding flowers. Not the typical roses, but I've seen them used frequently. My cousin had them in her wedding. My other cousin had blue hydrangeas for her wedding...beautiful!

oh my lol im talking to B and we have figured out we are pretty much alike in every single way. We were discussing rooming together, and it led to seeing what we liked and didnt. Pretty much everything is the same. Its kinda crazy considering when i first met him I didnt like him much at all. Crazy how really getting to know someone changes that.

For those of you that live with guys..is it awkward?

I guess, has anyone lived with just a friend?

If it does happen, I dont know if anything would progress or happen or if it would just strictly be me living with my guy bff. lol

All i know about my wedding so far is......

-outside (maybe in our shelter belt...that would be my first choice)

-we're both gonna wear boots

-its gonna be relaxed and fun and COLORFUL. ditto to hannah :)

I used to have my wedding all planned out. But now, every day I think of something different.

If it is my current boyfriend - we will have a quick wedding. A short to the point wa-bam out. I want a long puffy princess white dress with white rhinestone cowboy boots to go with it. All the bridesmaids dresses will be a pail pink (With a pink camo waist band?) knee length. Shoes will probably be cute flip flops. Groomsmen will be black tuxes with camo underneath - just because I am nice and that is what he wants.

Cake will be half white half chocolate. Wont be fancy and will probably be homemade. I want a horse topper - but may have to settle for a fire truck.

"Our Song" might be "Then". I just really like that.

And yeah - that's about it for now.

Ok, indulging the thoughts here, since weddings have been talked about.

What we know we want:

- A non church wedding, not married by any priest or whatnot. Probably go with a Judge.

- Balloons. Tons of balloons.

- On a Friday (preferably).

- If we have flowers, colorful (even if they're dyed) daisies and anything nice.

- A buffet style food bar (we + friends/family will help make the food, I'm hoping. Maybe even my sister's chef-fiance!).

- I would LOVE to have an ice-cream bar, too. Big tubs of ice cream and various toppings. Maybe cupcakes with it.

- A candy bar with little bags so guests can take something home (and a balloon).

- Disposable camera at every table. Leave a basket that guests will drop in when they leave.

- My dress won't be floor-length. I know what I want - just haven't found it quite long enough. Hair? Can't decide if it'll be up and clipped partially back with a flower, or a low-slung, kinda messy ponytail thing. Makeup + hair is all DIY.

- He isn't going to wear a tux. Up to him, obviously, but he has expressed interest in suit pants, an oxford shirt, a vest and tie. Or no vest and suspenders. Perhaps green converse as shoes. This is one of the reasons why I love him.

- No bridesmaid for me. Probably no groomsmen for him.

- There will be NO garter or any activity involving one. We'd both die of awkwardness.

- My brother is a cinema minor, so I'm positive he wouldn't mind being goofy running around with a camera. If not, he has friends I know who record events for our University. Also photography friends.

- The boys brother in law was a DJ and could probably help us set up a music station with a computer/ipod.

Pretty much everything is DIY, I guess. We talked last night and don't really care to follow tradition. We want it to be relaxed and like we're not performers. No programs! Who goes to a party and gets a program? I mean, the wedding will function like all others. Ceremony, reception. We'll have a big card/sign along where people walk in so they have an idea of the timeline, but thats it. In other news, he thinks we should look at rings/figure out my size/exactly what I want. I feel like suuuch a girl. But I love it.

Edited by Schatzl