Sign in to follow this  
Tater25

Ipod People

hello everyone, i have an ipod question, i have heard that if you download music to an ipod from one computer, but then download music from a different computer that all of the previous music will be erased. does any one know if this is true? thanks

You're best bet is to keep a backup of all your music files (I use an old Ipod I have set to data store) just in case. Things happen. Like your computer crashes and dies.

Set it to manually manage music, and to disk mode. Do not select "sync", only drag and drop it onto your ipods name on the left task panel. If you have multiple computers in your home and want all of your music on all of them, you can use a program called music rescue. It will copy music from your ipod and put it on your computer. Apple is not allowed to tell you about this program because it is made by a third party.

Also, as a past applecare technical support agent I will warn you to keep a backup of all of your itunes library, either on CD or on an external hard drive. Apple isnt responsible for your library, and even if the music is purchased through itunes, if your computer crashes they dont have to replace it.