Sign in to follow this  
FritzeyRIDER

Prom Dresses

So. I'm officially going to prom this year after choosing horse shows over prom the past few years. One of my best friends/ex boyfriend from NY asked me to go with him so I'm flying up prom weekend to go!

So, Prom is in May but of course girls are already going nuts over dresses. Plus side is I don't have to worry about not being able to get the dress I want since I'm going in NY (here you generally have to register your prom dress so they won't sell it to another girl for the same prom) but I need ideas on where to shop!

We have a prom store in town (Henri's Cloud 9) which is okay...it's just really hectic and cluttered in there, which stresses me out! And I got a magazie from another that's a few hours away.

Butttt!

Feel free to post your dresses and anything prom related. I love everything prom. I'm such a girl.

Closest thing we have to a prom is Spring Formal. Which is in April some time, I believe.

My mom is cheap and probably won't spend much on a dress. I lovee looking at all the prom dresses though. Haha.

i have a prom dress :) Its white with fushia trim around under the bust and then the halter top ties are fushia.

Did i mention i have no prom to go to?

Yeah. It was on sale for $50 and I caved. I decided I'm going to get married in it.

lol we don't really have prom, we have formal or something, which I never go to but we have grad, so I have my grad dress :) Its hot pink with these jewels or whatever under the bust. Im in love with it.

JumperCrazy- I Have that same dress!! Except instead of mine being fuschia its a dark red, I wore it to prom last year. So pretty!!

I still gotta get my dress for this year. I know I want a bright colored one but still have to find the right one. :smilie:

ugh. i loved prom last year. my bf still has his prom this year and next and i don't get to get all prettied up to go because he doesn't wanna go. :[

mine last year was fushia with zebra under the bust.

heres the link... i got it a dillards lol.

http://www.facebook.com/#/photo.php?pid=36...p;id=1371627128

i have no clue what we were laughing about. thats my bff by the way.

omg twister that dress is so pretty!! it looked amazing!!

I agree! I love it :)

I wish I had prom, lol sad homeschooler here.

ohwell.

Twister, that dress is gorgeous! I often wish I weren't so short and stuff so I could wear the big poofy dresses, but I put them on and I kind of get lost in it, haha.

Okay, I found out that the dress is from White House Black Market. Don't know if I'd be able to find one for sale, much less in my size since it's from last year.

Anyone have any experience with e-bay? Good/bad?

I am only 5'5 and loved having a big poofy dress. That was the only dress that was kinda westerny looking. I wish I could gave gotten into prom with my cowboy boots on but my school threw a fit. My BF was actually homeschooled and did not want to go to Prom with me. He wanted to stay home. I forced him to go.

i remeber my 8th grade prom thing i wore boots with my dress. it was black with a slit at the mid line and it had white under it witha burst of rhinestones right there. so my black ropers with rhinestones looked awesome with it lol. i was the only girl with a pair on!

and i forced my bf into going with me too. but at least yours didnt' have to wear pink and zebra like mine did!

oh prom. im basically being forced to go this year, because its senior year and my friends said they would kill me if i didnt go. im sorta excited though, just cause its prom and the juniors who are on prom committee are actually working hard on it. so its suppose to be good. no boy yet, but im working on it.

i didnt go last year due to things falling through with my ticket and i really didnt feel like going after everything that happened. i went to my friends "spring fling" though on a whim and it was fun. my dress (pink one obv) that i ended up borrowing from a friend. it was too small, but i LOVED it.

but im not buying a dress. im just using my homecoming dress i didnt use from this year. so thanks to taking ACTs and getting sick, i just saved myself some money :D

zl2kk.jpg

yayyy

Oh gosh, I am a prom officiando... I have been to 6 or 7 of them. I loved them so much. I still feel like going to prom lol...but being a senior in college makes that a rather awkward desire. [Crazy]

If I could go again, I would get this dress... no doubt I love it!

http://www.bestpromdresses.com/shop/Jovani_15389.htm

Krystal, that's one is on my list! I loooooove Jovani dresses. It's becoming a hard decision between Jovani and La Femme

Yessssss I love Jovani all of the dresses are just so beautiful.

Unfortunately, *when I was still in hs*, my stupid school made so many rules, you practically had to be wearing a nun suit. You had to get your dress pre-apporved and if it didnt fit the mold, you couldnt go! Sheesh.

I hate my old high school. Someday when I am famous I will speak out publicly against them.

Oh that's awful. I went to a Catholic school for 2 years and THEY didn't even have rules like that (though you often got "the look" from administration if they disapproved of your dress lol)

Around here there aren't many places to shop for prom dresses. Last year I got mine for $20 though! I wonder if I have a picture of it...

Last fall I was in a pageant and I think Im going to wear the same dress for prom this year.

Hopefully the pictures work...I haven't been on here in months & things sure have changed!

The Pageant Dress---& probably 2010 prom.

pageantnight.jpg

Don't mind me in this but you can kinda see what its like up close...

pageant098.jpg

Prom 2009

Prom.jpg

jaclynowns.jpg

Edited by -Chasing-Dreams-

LOVE Betsey Johnson! Ahk, I would marry her. I hadn't even thought of looking at her stuff. Bet I could find something to go with my Betsey Johnson heels...though I'm pretty sure I've worn them to every formal dance since I got them, lol I adore them.

BellaRider: I'm homeschool too, but have been to a couple different "real" high schools so I have options when it comes to dances, lol...but this is the first year that I'm forgoing a horse show so that I can attend a prom. It's my senior year....I'm going to prom! (Even if I have to travel 500 miles to do so, lol)

Caroline - I was the same way. I skipped proms/homecoming/snowball, etc. to go to horse shows or ride instead. My senior year I had a show picked out and everything. A week before prom I get told I am going to prom with a group of my friends. Mom whipped me up a dress since I didn't want to go buy one.

So glad I didn't. Hated prom and left hours before it was over.