theaussiecowgirl

Curious Dog Carries Snake To Owners

my Rattie Misty use to kill them and bring them home all the time in Texas that is why everybody has them they call them Rat Terriers(they keep the rats out of the barn) but really they have a taste for snake too!use to bring copperheads and Water Moc's(from the stock tanks) dead all the time never bitten! now my firends Aussys got bit all the time(guess they don't move as fast) [shocked] and sometimes the horses heads got bitten too... but we never lost anybody! and my current Transplanted Carolina Ratties kill'd a big Tree Rat last week in the garage and Man they have no fear!

We had a young collie named Ralph when I was a kid that was behind the house playing with a copperhead. He'd been bit a couple of times when we found him still playing with the snake. He got pretty darn sick for a bit, but he lived and hated snakes after that.

[Question] [shocked] [shocked] [shocked]

Sort of like this;

Rattlesnake_city.jpg

Or one of these;

coiled-rattlesnake.jpg

These are "Crotalus Scutalatus" or Mojave Green Rattlers.

Our barn cats have killed several, and we have only lost about 3 barn cats. These

have a dual poison of both neurotoxin and Hemotoxin, so the poison attacks the blood and paralyzes the lungs and heart.

I sure hope my two Heelers don't find one next spring/summer, as they would undoubtably get bit and die. There is NO antidote to the effects of their poison. I have heard on poison E.R., that this snake has killed more people in the western U.S. than any other.

Steve

I've caught a few "greenies" myself over the years. We eat rattlesnake, and these guys taste pretty good!!