Sign in to follow this  
HeyJealousy

Favorite Vests?

I have a Rodney Powell now that replaced my almost 10yr old tipperary. I have a lot of problems finding vests to fit my very long upper body that come small enough (I think my RP vest is a Small XX-tall) My tipperary was a Med Tall but was very adjustable through the waist. That knocked a lot of vests out of the running for me. I think you have to try a bunch to find what suits you best!

Having tried several I love my Tipperary Lite Ride. As it was a bit long in the back I cut off some of the foam so it does not hit the seat and ride up. Light weight, doesn't rub and I like the fact that it is really easy to clean.

Sadly Tipperary's are no longer rated for Eventing. They are suitable for dressage but they do not meat the BETA 3 rank for cross country.

But I've been actually looking at vests lately too, funny this topic came up. I've been looking into the Airowear Outlyne, it meets BETA 3 for x-Country, its just a bit prcey.

http://www.doversaddlery.com/airowear-outl...1-40215/cn/128/

Sherrell, there is no required rating for a cross-country vest, you just must have one on. It is perfectly legal to wear a Tipperary, as I will continue to do. Also, vests are not worn for dressage.