Sign in to follow this  
Madcow

Whitethorn House

b5phf8.jpg

Glenskehy, Ireland

Whitethorn House

? ? ? ? ? ?

5 friends living together under one roof, almost as seamlessly as a family.
College students attending Trinity College in Dublin, all majoring in literature.
Not everything is a perfect as it appears. Secret relationships. Lies.
How long will their secrets survive?
Oh and there's only one rule in the house: No pasts.

? ? ? ? ? ?

Liam - Inherited Whitethorn house, only child, orphaned. Fatherly-figure in house.

Colette - From Dublin, dumped in foster care at age 10.

Davan - From Belfast, mother died when he was seven, father remarried with two half brother.

Jocelyn - Born in Australia, ran away from home.

Brendon - From London, divorced parents at age 6, went through boarding school.

? ? ? ? ? ?

Name in bold
Age (20-22)
Person Number
Appearance
Personality
Other

? ? ? ? ? ?

Okay so this is based loosely off the book, The Likeness by Tana French. If we run out of spots I can always add more or have them be a new person or person in their college classes. They live far out in rural country where there's a small village. The house is from the seventeen hundreds so they spend a lot of their time fixing it up, cleaning and sorting through all of the old artifacts in the rooms. They're all very close and don't except any outsiders easily.
The rules are the same as any other. I just want this to be interesting, so have fun with it. :]
Edited by Madcow

Colette King

Person Number: 1

Appearance: Colette has a very ?fresh? face, with large round blue eyes and small plump lips. She?s got long sandy blonde hair that has a slight natural wave. She?s as thin as a stick, but can?t do much about it. She?s always been tiny, but stands around five seven. Her torso is a long, leaving her a bit disproportional.

Personality: She?s a bit quiet, reserved more like. Colette has a good sense of humor and when it comes to her friends, she?s more open. She can be sweet and caring but also fiery if she feels the need to be.

Other: xx

Jocelyn Pearson

female 2

Appearance: Jocelyn's petite frame makes her look small, even though she stands at 5'8. She has deep brown eyes, and long, naturally wavy dark brown hair.

Personality: Joce is far from quiet and shy. She speaks the truth if she feels the need to, and can be blunt at times, but it is usually never meant in a bad way. She tends to be open about most things except for her past, and is extremely loyal to the people who mean most to her.

Other: Jocelyn

Edited by Ms.Macho

Brendon Broome

Age- 21

Person Number: Male Three

Appearance: Brendon is a really nice looking guy in an odd sort of way. He has short brown hair that is usually styled messy with dark brown eyes. Some people say he is charming because he doesn't have a perfect face. When you look at him you notice that its a little off to the side. Even though its off center Brendon still has a nice strong jaw line, and his lips are somewhat full. He stands at about six foot and has a solid build.

Personality: Brendon means well when he says things, but comes off a little rough. He tries to hard to please people, especially his friends. Sometimes he can come a little snobby due to his years in boarding school, but Brendon really just means well.

Other-=]

Edited by MoonCalled.

Davan Redmond

Age 21

Person Number: Male 2

Appearance: Davan is built to say the least, he has muscle, broad shoulders and short spiky brown hair with matching deep brown eyes. His eyes are the only thing that will tell you his true emotion as he will never utter a word unless he really trusts you. Davan is always wearing brand name clothing.

Personality: Davan is the party animal, he loves to have fun no matter what, he's fairly level headed but can have his head in the clouds at times. He's all about music and has too much energy to fill his body so he's always moving to relieve some of it. With growing up with only his father and two half brothers and step mother he never really approved of, he became independent and set his own rules, this carried on with him.

Other: Davan

[[i'm going to start and people can jump in as they join.]]

Gazing through the rain-streaked window at the dreary weather, Colette let out a soft little sigh. Of all the days to rain it had to be today. So instead of being outside they were up in the left wing of the house, sorting through boxes and boxes of old left behind things. It wasn't particularly boring since a lot of what they found was ancient, but being a Sunday, Colette wished she could spend the day in the garden or at least outside.

"What a dreadfully awful day," she sighed out, pouting a bit as she turned around and looked out at the others.

Running a hand over the long plait hanging over her shoulder, her large blue eyes sunk down to the dusty box at her feet, half sorted through. She had only found some documents that were of no use to any of them. She loved looking at all the old pictures they sometimes found, but today was not her day to find any. Paper after yellow paper emerged from the box, leaving her a bit disappointed and frustrated.

Brendon was dusting a small side table made of dark dated wood. His brown eyes focused on the task at hand instead of the depressing weather outside. Hearing a small sigh Brendon looked at Colette to hear her comment. A small smile rose to his lips, looking at the small box at her feet. They hadn't found anything really to sit down to, which was unusual.

"Yeah, but I heard it won't last too long. I hope", Brendon commented moving to the next wooden area that needed cleaning.

[Gosh, I'm going to suck.]

Joce had found a comfortable position laying upside-down on the couch, her legs hanging over the back and her head hanging off the front. Others would have told her to grow up and sit normally, but around her small group of friends, she didn't really care. She glanced out the window at Collete's comment, and felt the same disappointment the other girl did. Rain was depressing, especially on the weekend when she could be doing something more productive outside.

"That's what I heard too.." she said in her thick Australian accent, adding onto Brendon's comment. "Though what we hear and what actually happens can be two totally different things.." she hoped it wasn't, and that the rain would clear up. Sorting through the old boxes was usually fun, but she didn't feel up to it today, and all they had found had just been documents. Which interested her at some times, but right now she wanted out of the house.

"Is there really nothing more interesting than that stuff in there?" she asked, referring to the papers in the box. There had to be something.

Davan sat beside Jocelyn on the couch, feet propped up on the back of the couch as he leaned against a big pillow that rested, leaning up against the arm of the chair. He heard everyone start to speak about the weather and he looked outside. "Ah puddle jumping never hurts to kill boredom" he said with a half grin. "Maybe a fire to burn all this useless paper" he added as he tossed another stack onto the table and grabbed a smaller box from the bigger box he was sorting through. "Ha, clearly someone liked little trinkets" he said as he opened the box to find small, almost appearing to be handmade, decorations, for lack of a better word. There were small spheres with carefully etched lines and circles on them, small figurines of people, and some animals as well as a clear cube with a variety of colours inside. "Hey look at this stuff, Collete" he said as he handed her the box.

Colette stood quietly, listening Brendon's optimistic outlook on the weather, giving another soft sigh. Her eyes looked up at him and then over at Jocelyn, hearing her take on it. Sitting down crisscross-apple-sauce style, her thin hands reached into the box in front of her, shuffling the papers around to see if there was anything better in there. Yet she came across nothing, not even a single photograph.

"Yeah, I swear there's not even a picture! Why'd I get stuck with this box?" she whined, giving a pout and letting her eyes sweep between the other three. Her eyes stopped at Davan, listening to his opinion.

As he muttered something about trinkets, her face lit up a bit. She pushed up off the ground and crossed to the couch, watching all the things he pulled out. Whatever they were, they were way more interesting than paper. Sitting down, she took the box and put it in her lap, her back leaning against the couch.

"They're like Christmas ornaments! Look at them, we could hang them around the house or put them on the tree during Christmas or... or something," she exclaimed, holding a couple up in each hand, glancing at them before tilting her head back and looking at Davan upside down.

Jocelyn let out a laugh at Collete's frustration. She loved going through the old stuff of course, But Collete seemed utterly fascinated by it, more so than the rest of them. Joce herself was fine with just providing conversation for the others while they looked through.

"Because we knew you'd love it!" she joked in response to Collete's question. "It can't all be..." she was cut off by Davan's words about trinkets, and watched as he pulled out a couple of pretty little somethings. "...interesting.." she finished, her tone changed on the last word.

She turned over on her stomach and let her legs hang over the end of the couch as Collete sat down with the box. At her suggestion of hanging them around the house, she glanced around the room. She could see hanging them on the windows, to spice up the rooms a little bit.

"That's not a half bad idea, actually.." she said as she reached over Collete's shoulder to take one out of the box so she could look at it closer.

Davan laughed "Wow Collete, amused much?" he teased. He heard Jocelyn and followed her eye movements. "Yea wouldn't be a bad idea to add these around the house somewhere, give it a whole, blast from the past feel to it" he said as he looked into the box he had, only more papers. He grabbed another stack and flipped through them. Davan let out a sigh as he threw another boring stack of paper onto the table. His attention span was running thin, even with the discovery of the cool little things in the box he still wanted to find more in these boxes that was of some interest.

Brendon listened to the conversation not having anything to add. Turning when Colette made a suggestion about some type of ornement, Brendon looked at the small orbs.

"They are nice, a little girly. Although they could play with the light and brighten the place up.", moving towards the group Brendon sat on the floor a small smile on his lips. Taking a blue ball out of the box he let it spin as his eyes took in the small designs.

"It would be cool if we could get our names on these, like personal ornements.", Brendon comments keeping his eyes on the orb. He was almost in a trace trying to find a pattern on his.

"Girly whatever! if the decorating of the house were left to you guys, it would be nothing but a bare room with maybe a chair and a Telly." She teased Brendon. In her mind, girls always had a better sense for what looked good together, and what just looked good in general. Most guys just went by what they needed, and had no concern for what it actually looked like.

She set her ball gently back into the box and reverted back to her upside down position on the couch. Finding the ornament things had provided somewhat of an amusement, but what she'd rather have looked at was pictures, and just imagined what it had been like living here when the first owners had.

"There's gotta be something more fun we can do than this." She sighed, her eyes finding the window and the dreary weather outside again. "Or at least something more interesting to find."

Colette listened to the others, her eyes trailing back on the two orbs she had in each hand. She was imagining them hanging from the ceiling in her room, the moon light hitting them and giving them a soft glow. It was a fascinating vision, but she didn't know if the moon was ever actually bright enough to do such a thing.

Switching her focus back on the other, she smiled at Brendon's comment about making them engraved, which would be cool, but it sounded a bit impossible with the lack of technology in the village. Giving a soft giggle at Joce's comment about the guys' decorating style, agreeing that it would be bland in the house without the girls' bit of flair.

"Yeah, these are cool, but it's not that exciting. I want something fun to do!" she added to Joce's last few words. They had been in the room cleaning for a few hours already and it was getting a bit tedious.

"Pfft, so long as there is nothing frilly, pink, and smelly we guys don't really care" he laughed "you girls have fun" he added as he scratched the back of his neck. Davan was feeling very ADD right now. "we gotta do something though, before I start bouncing off the walls" he stated as he spun around so his feet were back on the ground. He looked around the room they were in and couldn't help but imagine it how it was many years ago. It still had that older feel to it but it was modernized as well. He snapped back to reality and looked to the others "alright so we going to go haul more boxes or do something else?" he asked the small group.

Joce giggled at Davan's comment. Frilly and pink definitely wasn't her style, but a slightly girlish flair wasn't horrible. "We could start with your room, would you rather a large pink bedspread or pink walls?" She teased.

The other two were right though, they needed something to do. Too much idle time, at least for her, left her thinking about stuff she'd rather not think about. She hadn't reached that point yet but they were sinking into boredom.

"I say we go out and jump in puddles! Or sing in the rain. Or something... I have no ideas right now." She said, glancing around at the others, looking for them to suggest something.

[ew that was horrible. haha]

Thinking silently for a minute, Colette lifted the box off of her lap and put them down on the floor. She heard the other two talk about wanting to do something and she tried to come up with something, wanting to do something too. Running her hand over her thick braid, Colette let her large eyes wander around the room.

"Oh! We should drive over to the beach! I bet it's bone-chilling cold and extremely windy, but, hey, how fun would that be?" she chirped, turning a bit to look at the others, a small smile playing at her lips.

She knew it sounded a bit crazy but the Irish coast was pretty and grassy and amazing. Probably not the nicest when it was raining, but she liked the idea. At least they could get out of the house. They only lived a half hour away and it would keep them occupied until dinner.

I've noticed this seems to be failing. So I think that we need to plot or something. If anyone has any ideas or wants to plot some secret relationship or a car crash or someone wanting to run away, PM me. Anything works, really, because I don't think this deserves to die yet. Haha.

hah I agree, I have absolutely nothing though.. I kind of like the running away idea. Or something dramatic happening. Which could lead to people having to talk about their pasts and then they somehow start to view each other differently and friendships break up and such?

eh.

Okay how about two people have had a little secret relationship for a bit and then the third person runs away because they're upset or figures it out or something. And I'd be willing to make another guy character who's not part of the group. I don't what he'd do but we could figure that out. Haha.

So, I don't know if you guys still want to have new people join, but I'm going to post stats anyway. Just let me know if you'd rather me not. It'd be understandable :)

-----

Liam Mason

Age - 21

Person Number - 1

Appearance - Liam is classic. He has blonde/brown hair that is kept shorter on the sides and then longer through the middle. His jaw is strong and complexion tan. Dark brown eyes that make it somewhat difficult to distinguish between his pupil and his iris, that become darker or lighter with his mood. He has a slender and somewhat graceful build, with broad shoulders and a slim waist.

Personality - He is known for being too serious for his own good at his age. He talks and smiles and laughs, but the latter two you have to work for if you want them to be genuine. Liam is fiercely loyal to his friends and can be somewhat hot-headed if you get him worked up. He has strong opinions and isn't afraid to express them, but he is extremely careful with whom he gives his trust to.

Other - xox

Isabelle Rivers

Age - 20

Appearance - =]]

Personality - Isa is a genuine character with a lot of charm and wit. She can be a little on the strange side, but in the best way possible. Her entergetic, unbashful nature can be a bit overwhelming at first, but she can tone it down when it's necessary. Quick to laugh and easy to talk to, she tends to be everybody's favorite girl when they need an ear.

Other - Recently began taking college courses and moved into a flat in the village.

-----

Liam shuffled into the house, his arms laden with groceries and his hair damp from the rain. He went directly to the kitchen, only muttering a quick hello to everyone, before setting everything down on the counters. Removing his wet rain jacket, he hung it up on the peg, taking care that it didn't drip too badly. His black, long-sleeved v-neck and dark wash jeans apparently had escaped the rain as he simply began to place everything on the counters.

Even though he'd been up for hours, he wasn't really awake, because there hadn't been any coffee, again, and he was never up for talking until he had a cup or two. Almost immediately he began to brew some of the ground beans he'd bought and as soon as it was done, he got an old, somewhat chipped, light blue coffee cup down and poured himself a cup. The first sip of the black drirnk warmed him and he could feel himself waking up; about that time he heard Colette mention a road trip to the beach.

"As long as you don't drive, I'm up for it," he called into the other room, continuing to sort the groceries before he methodically began putting them away.

-----

Isa's slender fingers brushed through her long hair as she attempted to smooth down the unruly nest that had slowly grown around her head. It was her fourth day in the village and so far she hadn't seemed to have made an impression on the population. The previous evening she had spent bartending at the local pub; her most recent job. It had been fun, much better than the company of the landlord.

The drizzle outside was not deterring her from her plans to go and take pictures and maybe get a little lost. She slipped a pair of teal rain boots over her jeans and covered her fluttery white tank with a black rain jacket, grabbed her bag and headed out. As soon as her feet hit the outside world, she was off, just walking around and taking pictures of this and that. Her feet crunched over the grass, the rain making her feel more at home than anything else had. Britain was famous for it's weather and she was glad to be reminded of it.

It's fine with me. :] Oh and I guess we'll just see how this goes for now.

-----

Colette was watching the other three expectantly, waiting for their reply about the beach. She knew it was a crazy idea and today was probably the worst day of all, but she really could care less. The rocky sand and grassy slopes were so appealing at the moment. She wouldn't complain about the sand that got in her hair or the salty water that got in her mouth, not like she usually did. She'd do anything to get out of the house.

Hearing Liam's voice from another room down the halls, a smile peaked on her face and she turned her head in the direction. She hadn't heard him come in but she was glad he was back. Things were always so different when he wasn't around, even for just an hour. He was almost like the glue their wild friendships, holding the five of them together.

Pushing up off the ground, Colette smiled at the others in a way to get them to follow her without words. Her thin legs carried her out of the room and down the creaky hall, in the direction of the kitchen. Her hands brushed the dust off of her gray over-sized sweater then running over her thick long braid.

"I'll leave that job up to you," she retorted as she came down the hallway towards the entrance to the kitchen.

Her eyes caught sight of him putting the groceries away and she almost instantly joined in. They all seemed to work together like a well-oiled machine, doing everything without even being asked. It was quite a sight to seem them all working at once, when it happened. She quickly noticed how wet his hair was yet his clothes were dry, which sightly amused her.

"You might want to dry your hair or you'll catch a cold," Colette added, her blue eyes giving him a one-over.

Joce was about to reply to Collete's suggestion when she heard Liam come in. She immediately spun around on the couch so she was sitting semi-normally. Around the others she was fine, but she knew Liam wouldn't exactly appreciate her sprawling all over the furniture.

She watched as Collete walked out into the kitchen, then got up to follow her. She also began helping put the groceries away, glad there weren't a lot this time around. Something about her hated the task for a random reason, but she helped anyways. It was how they did things in the house, everyone helped each other.

"You're scared of him catching a cold from wet hair, yet you want to go to the beach fully exposed in the crazy rain?" she teased Collete, letting out a slight giggle.

[[that was ridiculously awful, i've written like 4 essays today haha]]

Davan heard Liam and sat normally as well, mimicking Joce. He followed the others into the kitchen "way to be Joce" he laughed as he put his hands on her shoulders and shook her a couple times gently. He stood beside her and watched Liam put the groceries away. "I vote, we go to this beach, crank the music, and have a party in the rain, so we get cold, it will be awesome memories and a good way to let out our energy" he stated with his usual cheesy smile.

He began to help un pack bags and lined the stuff up on the counter in a sort of domino fashion. Once all the boxes were lined up he tipped the one closest to him over, making the rest tip over as well all the way down the line. He backed up a step and made it obvious he was pretending he did nothing.

[GAH no muse lol]

[[Eta: Im leaving for a week this saturday, so should we make Davan run off or something? maybe someone goes with him? I dunno lol I just need something to occupy him while im away so I dont get too far behind, you guys are free to play him while im off, I have internet where im going but not sure how much time I will have and all that.]]

Edited by Indestructible

Joce smiled as Davan walked into the room behind her and put his hands on her shoulders. "Hey, I only call them how I see them!" she glanced behind herself at him quickly. At his suggestion her eyes lit up. Regardless of the weather, any time there was music and friends would be a good time for her. Her eyes averted to Liam and Collette eagerly, hoping they'd be up for it. Or at least something on that idea. She'd been inside too long, and needed to get out.

"I'm all for that! It would be..." she cut herself off as Davan began lining up boxes. A curious look slid over her face, though it wasn't something out of the ordinary for him to do. She couldn't help but let out a small laugh as he tipped them all over. "Really Davan? you're picking them all up.." she punched him lightly on the shoulder, then hoisted herself on the counter.

[[finally pulled that out, ugh.]]

Davan felt a punch to his arm "hey now, no need to get violent missy" he said as he stacked them up again and helped put them away. He then sat on the counter beside her and waited for someone to conjure up a brilliant idea of what they were to do next. "So..who's gunna be the brain of this group and figure out what to do?" he asked after awhile.

[geeze guys, way to keep this alive :P]

"Hey, that's nowhere near violent. Sissy.." Joce stuck her tongue out at him, grinning as she did so. She hoped Collette or Liam would speak up about their plans. She hated planning something without getting everyone's approval first, because she wanted everyone to enjoy themselves.

"I say we do it. We have nothing better to do plus it really does sound fun.." She smiled as Davan sat next to her on the counter. "Unless Li and Collette have a different idea?" she looked over to the other two, wondering what they would say.

[[haha i know... xD]]

Colette watched Joce and Davan, leaning casually against the counter after all of the groceries were put away. She felt like when they were around Liam they had to act differently, more calmly and adult-like. It was actually more like they had to act their age when they were around him, which didn't happen other times. And watching the other two goof around made her a bit nervous, as if they were doing wrong. Of course they were just having fun, but it didn't settle with her too well.

Keeping her mouth quiet as they spoke back and forth, she let her blue eyes slide back and forth between them and Liam, watching for his reaction. As they question them about what they were doing, she moved her hands back on the edge of the counter on either side of her, thinking.

"Okay, let's do it. We should all go get dressed for the weather," she added, pushing off the counter and looking between the three others. She moved across the kitchen after a moment, heading towards the stairs quietly.