Sign in to follow this  
Wickedpunch

I Have A Question About Showing

There are some schooling shows this spring at a beautiful facility in my area. I teach beginners and a few training level students and therefore cannot show as an amateur. There is a clause for this show that professionals can show as long as they note on the entry form that they will show Hors Concours. (not be judged against the competition)

My question is this-- will the judge still give me a score and return my test with comments? If I go and ride and I don't get any feedback, I don't see much point in spending the money to ride in these shows. I don't care about the ribbon, but I do want to get some feedback on my ride.

Anyone have any experience with this?

I have done it before at a "formal" schooling show when I had to get special permission to not show in white breeches and a coat since I had left that stuff in a different state. I did get a test sheet with comments and a score, just not the ribbons.

The best bet would be to contact the show management just to be sure.

You will get a test back with comments and scores. The score will just not count toward placement in the class or year end awards or anything else!

Thank you! Year end stuff doesn't matter--pony isn't ready to do rated shows just yet anyway. I'll probably do better knowing I'm not really competing against anyone! lol

This is a pretty relaxed show--they are being very lenient about the dress code and allowing boots and wraps on horses as well. I just really love that facility and it's good practice, but I want to see judge's comments.