Sign in to follow this  
BuddyRooShmancyNShy

Back In The Saddle Chat....

Weather here is just not cooperating. I don't even know if I could find my horse under the mud. What I wouldn't give for an indoor.

Great post!

Like you Broo I had every intention of hitting the ground running. I actually had five rides in by the 10th of the month and have only ridden once since then.

I have access to a huge indoor arena and the barn is only 5 minutes from my house so I don't have any excuses...... at least not good ones.

To complicate things more, my three year old is coming out of training at the end of this month and I'll have two horses to ride.

Maybe posting here will make me more accountable!

broo--if your horse reacts like mine has to a brand new indoor with first class footing, i think you'll find yourself HIGHLY motivated. my guy is 21 with arthritis, and it's like the clock has been turned back ten years. yesterday he offered, offered (!) two steps of passage. i was just doing trot-halt-back-up-trot transitions when all of a sudden he starts elevating. i was speechless. but then ive been out in crappy footing and weather with him for the last sixteen years. this is the first time he hasn't had to "fight" the ground.

i also feel delighted in a shamefully unworthy way that i'm no longer one of the poor suckers that HAVE to be out there.

Katy told me the area my BO's Hubby cleared off with the tractor has thawed due to a bit of rain instead of snow and she is going to ride today. The ground is hard but 1) that's what the vet ordered for Boo and 2) we're spreading our manure/shavings/straw out there to make it softer and less frozen. Hopefully it won't snow again and I can ride this weekend [Jump]

Nick, love that engineered footing [Not Worthy]

My plan was to start riding again, but then I wrecked my truck, and my knee was messed up enough to where I couldn't put any pressure on it. It's is now finally to the point where I can at least ride. So I have 2 horses I need to put time in on, and I plan on getting to it.

We still need a saddle for HTR. And once we have that, I am going to be getting him on a horse more too. So then I will have just 1 horse I have to work. LOL

WOOT!!! I got to hobble down to the barn & feed my OWN horses this morning, & got to PET them! Each & every single one! (I'm sure they all think I've lost my freakin mind, as I was standing there, face buried in Zippy's 'fro, bawling like a baby. Even Tequila came over to sniff me!) Oh... tears freeze on horse manes when it's -4. I should have taken the camera, that would have been an interesting pic... frozen tear, sun just coming up.....

(I know, have another pain pill, red...) [Crazy]

I always think I have the motivation for riding on the weekends. The weather unfortunately doesn't agree with me all that often this time of year.

I rode 3 weeks ago for about 20 minutes before I decided the under armour and extra layers weren't working. I have an 18 yr old girl that rides with me frequently and she's usually my best motivation. She's so happy to go riding that I can't say no. So, if she calls or texts that she's not working on a weekend or has a day off from college I'll see about taking the day off too so we can ride. Again, it's all dependant on the stupid weather though.

We will probably start riding regularly in March since that's when some of the trails start opening back up.

I am very motivated to ride, if only the weather would cooperate!! I am excited about getting some miles put on Rowdee this year, so he is my motivation!