Sign in to follow this  
snowyhorse1

Mp3 Players...

What are the pros and cons of the MP3 player that you have? I've been looking at a Zune because it does fm radio, too. Otherwise, I know nothing about them. What do I look for?

I regret buying my (first-generation) Zune. The software is a huge pain. I have to start it and let it boot up for at least five to 10 minutes, then do whatever it is that I wanted to do in the first place. Even then, it sometimes doesn't work if I start up an Internet session or try to run some other software.

If you do decide to get one, don't get a first-generation Zune. They did a firmware update that screwed up my entire music library (about 25 GBs). Most people were able to fix it, but some lucky ones couldn't. I had to re-scan all my CDs and some stuff is still screwy.

I'd go for an iPod. Apple seems to have the fewest problems. And when my sister's did have an issue, the Apple Store just handed her a new one.

My dad bought me a Creative ZEN and it lasted about a year, maybe a year and a half and then it died on me, so he replaced it. That one started having battery issues shortly after I got it. For a wedding present my husband got me an IPod and I really like it. I liked my ZEN, but after having issues with 2 of them, I was done with the brand. Now, that said, my sister, brother and dad have Creative ZENS and haven't had too many problems. I think my brother is on his second, but the other two are on their first.

Do ipods have an fm tuner? I'll be using it all day where I work and I'd like to listen to the radio once in a while.

Thanks for the info!

I had an older version iPod nano that I drove into the ground.

I now have an iPod touch that out-classes me. Seriously. It's pretty amazing. WiFi, Apps up the wall (a lot of quality free ones) and great sound.

Edited because this was my first day of class and my brain is now soup.

Edited by Megquestrian

Do ipods have an fm tuner? I'll be using it all day where I work and I'd like to listen to the radio once in a while.

That's one reason I chose a Zune, but the radio doesn't work at all in my building. [Me Cry]

Another emphatic vote for iPod Touch. Pandora plays flawlessly on it with wi-fi along with all the other internet radio sources. It also reads Kindle books. The apps are terrific, with new ones coming out almost daily. I can pay bills, text, figure out my day's calories, upload photos to Facebook, etc., all from wherever I happen to be. Oh, and you can also play full-length feature films on it. I have both Avitar and The Men Who Stare at Goats on mine at the moment, and it's only an 8gb. Just make sure you get a 3rd gen. if you get one. WalMart has them on sale right now for $183 and change.

Tyler my 17 year old had a zune.

This year he asked for the Ipod touch gen 3. It is so much better and cost about the same. And does so much more he says.

I have a little Sansa Clip that is great for me. I use it for running (when I ran!). it was a 2GB and I think it was a little under $40 2 years ago. It has an fm radio that works pretty well and I've enjoyed this little player.

I have a little Sansa Clip that is great for me. I use it for running (when I ran!). it was a 2GB and I think it was a little under $40 2 years ago. It has an fm radio that works pretty well and I've enjoyed this little player.

We have 2 sansa clips, and this year upgraded to sansa fuze. It's a 4GB, and for about 60 bucks, it's AWESOME!! Love the clip for treadmill, but fuze works fine too. I just can't see the money for Ipod, but do like that EVERYTHING is compatable with it :indifferent:

I bought the Sansa Fuze for my mother as a Christmas Present. We got it on sale for $40 in a pretty blue color and she loves it. The graphics are great, the interface is simple and easy to use, external memory, and has the radio.

sandisk-sansa-fuze-mp3-player.jpg

Oh, also, I just bought a new car radio. If I had an iPod, I could have gotten a deck with a USB input and been able to charge the iPod as well as play it. But I can't plug in my Zune and charge it. It's some kind of proprietary thing. Only Ford or some other car maker has a deal with Microsoft so that USB thing will work. I can still play the Zune with an input jack, but I can't charge it.

Just another sign, as far as I'm concerned, that Apple's the way to go.

I got a Zune for christmas and so far I am impressed. I can jam to my favorite music or with the touch of a finger listen to my favorite radio station.

The movies I have on it are incredible, and the photos have excellent quality.

I vote for my Zune!!

I bought the Sansa Fuze for my mother as a Christmas Present. We got it on sale for $40 in a pretty blue color and she loves it. The graphics are great, the interface is simple and easy to use, external memory, and has the radio.

sandisk-sansa-fuze-mp3-player.jpg

Black Friday! I bought another one for my son, and my mom bought one too. Even though Ipod has the market cornered, I will stick with my sansa. [Not Worthy]

I love my Zune. LOL

It's the smallest. (4GB). I've had good luck with it. It's two years old now.

My sister has the bigger one, and it seems to have problems that mine doesn't.

iPod. I got my iPod nano 4 years ago and it still works great. My boyfriend had one and then lost it so I bought him a new one for Christmas. I would never buy anything else.

I was looking up all of your-all's suggestions. I found another one...a walkman. The reviews were very good and the battery life for an S544 is over 40 hours, the ipods were much less. That's a whole work week! It's an 8gb for around $95. Anybody know anything about them?

Believe it or not, I still have a cassette walkman. It's sad-I'm old!!

Thanks for everybody's help!