jklucky2001

I Got A New (used) Wintec Endurance Saddle

I have been wanting a Wintec Endurance Saddle for a long time. One finally showed up on craig's list so I bought it!

Check out how long those billets are! I don't know why they are so long! It came with a short girth, but I used my friends longer girth and ordered myself a longer one! The billets show some wear so I think I will get them replaced and get shorter ones at the same time.

NewEnduranceSaddle001.jpg

Another angle of the saddle. Check out all those D rings and a crupper ring.... Don't know if I will need the crupper or if Lucky will put up with something touching him in the privates!

NewEnduranceSaddle004.jpg

My daughter's friend joined us on a short ride around the pasture to check the fences and stretch all our legs. Here the girls were goofing off. One has her feet up behind her and the other is standing.

NewEnduranceSaddle006.jpg

My daughter pointing out some nests we saw while we were by the pond.

NewEnduranceSaddle009.jpg

Emma getting a snack... Bad pony!

NewEnduranceSaddle010.jpg

Bo caught something and ate it while we were riding. Check out the long orange teeth on this thing! I think it was a nutria by the looks of the teeth. He sure was intent on me not giving his catch to anyone else!

NewEnduranceSaddle011.jpg

NewEnduranceSaddle012.jpg

A Fence fixen stop. There were two places where the deer had jumped the fence and tore down the hot wire from the top of the fence today. We saw two deer right here, but they jumped away before I could get the camera out.

NewEnduranceSaddle015.jpg

And here's a soggy ride picture from McDonald Forest a couple weeks ago with hubby, me and a friend in it.

Soggy-Ride011710.jpg

Hope everyone else is getting out and riding. I've been doing too much online shopping, the weather better get better soon so I stop shopping!

Edited by jklucky2001

Congrats!

Don't ya just love it when something you've wanted comes your way?

Nice pics, wish we were closer to riding time here!

Nice saddle. My Aussie endurance saddle had extra long billets too. Even with a dressage girth I ended up trimming them. You can add some saddle bags with those d-rings too!

Great pics, thanks for sharing. Yes, the billets are long for a dressage girth. I use a nice mohair dressage girth on my saddle. Never have any problems with sore spots. Hope you enjoy your new saddle!

Hey JK, that looks like a great saddle!! Super comfy. Is it what you'll ride in all the time now?

The horses look great.

Hey Lucky!! I like your new saddle. I just had two new saddles made just for me. I have not gotten one of them yet but I will take a picture of the one that I have if I can ever get Mary out of it!

Hey thanks everyone for the nice comments!

We had a sunny day today so we went out and rode again. Loved the nice warm (mid 50's) weather and the sun... It even made my daughter ask if it was spring yet. I said no, sorry hunny we have a while to wait ;-(

CTA Yeah this saddle is going to be my main ride now. It has much longer panels than my wintec pro jumping saddle had, which will spread my weight out over a longer portion of my horses back making him more comfortable. I was thinking of selling my wintec pro jump... But today my daughter asked to ride in it and she wants it. Her leather stubben is quite a bit heavier than the wintec jumping saddle. She really likes my pro jump saddle so I think I might sell her Stubben Rex instead. It's probably worth more anyway.

Flequus - I paid $325 for this saddle. It is the older model without the cair or the changable gullets, and I found it on craigs list. Used wintec endurance saddle with those two things go for nearly a thousand, just like the new ones if they are in good shape and they are very difficult to find. Look on your local craig's list and or ebay to get an idea of what you could sell yours for. I think I could have talked this seller down a little, but she had a relative showing me the saddle and was not around and I didn't feel like getting into bargaining through a third party, so I just offered the full amount. Also they were letting me pay and hold my check while I took it for a few days trial period. Couldn't have gotten that trial period deal on ebay.

Oh and thanks for the information on the girth buckles... Whaaa I just bought a long girth online.... Well, maybe I can send it back for a refund???

My pro jump has never had wear problems and it has the short billets like any other english jumping saddle. Maybe it is a different material or billet guard. Do you know which part of the saddles were getting wear marks, the sweat flap under the girth or the flap closer to the riders leg? There is a billet guard on this saddle and on my pro jump. I couldn't find any dressage length girths with a buckle for a breast collar, which I like to use when riding in the mountains.

Edited by jklucky2001