Sign in to follow this  
Goldiebabe

Good Job Web Sites For Oklahoma?

I am wondering if anyone knows of good job Web sites for jobs in Oklahoma (Tulsa area in particular). After many discussions with hubby, we finally decided to move back to Oklahoma after 6 months of being back in Minnesota. The job and housing opportunities up here are slim to none. The unemployment rate is much lower in Oklahoma. And the cost of living is cheaper there, too. Plus, we both have been missing Oklahoma, the weather, our close friends down there, etc! Hubby is working on going to college at Spartan College of Aeronautics. We will know more on that later this week. We are both looking for jobs. I have applied for a couple of jobs that interest me, but I cannot seem to find a good Web site for jobs. I am really crossing my fingers I get one of the jobs I applied for; full-time vet assistant at a cat-only vet hospital! I worked as a vet assistant and receptionist at a cat-only vet clinic in Stillwater, so I definitely have the experience and passion! I am pretty positive they are at least going to interview me. The woman I have been talking to at the vet hospital sounds very interested in me!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Craigslist maybe? If you wanted to work at the YMCA again, I'm sure any of them would hire you, they are all looking for childcare workers I know. Why don't you look into other areas besides Tulsa? I love my area a LOT. Also, there are always always always jobs available in food service here. You can easily make good money through tips. Right now Brandon is working on getting his paramedic certification and works at a little restaurant and pretty easily makes at least $15 an hour which is pretty good since he is not trying to do it as a "career".

Be sure to check the Tulsa World's website for employment listing. :smilie:

Thanks Lauren and Emily!

Lauren, the reason we are not checking into other areas is because the college Pat is going to go to is in Tulsa. We are also both really comfortable getting around in Tulsa and know people in the area. Nothing against Edmond/OKC, though, because they are great cities, too! Wow, Brandon makes some good money for restaurant work! I'm sure there are YMCA jobs available, but my first choice would be to work at a vet clinic. The turn over at YMCAs is incredible. And the pay is worse than a vet clinic most likely. My current job is just part-time, too, but I work 35 hours a week. I don't get benefits at my current job since I am not full-time. I am keeping my options open, though, so I will definitely check into YMCA jobs if I don't get my first choices.

*off to check out Tulsa World's Web site*