Sign in to follow this  
lynnehall67

Introducing Sshaymus Dda

Our first of two foals for this year was born this past Saturday morning. He is a big fancy and very correct chestnut colt (going to stay chestnut and not gray out). Mom is wearing a halter because she is very over-protective for about a week after foaling and without a halter on she cannot be caught and the foal cannot be handled.

Also... please excuse the mud. We've had a bit of rain lately... like 6 inches (nearly double our annual average) within 24 hours. I've been trying to keep things raked so they will dry quickly, but there are still some pretty muddy patches here and there.

The foal is by Sshameless and out of LC American Girl.

DSC_0442.jpg

DSC_0444.jpg

Edited by lynnehall67

Momma and baby are absolutely beautiful! Congratulations on a healthy colt! [Yay]

OMG he is adorable! American Girl did a great job! I love your arabs! Their high quality just shines though no matter what!

Edited by audrey-mae

Um, there was mud in there? I couldn't see past the pretty, pretty baby.

*Wonders if I should try and rake out the muddy spots two feet deep? Eh, not gonna bother, horses are already mudballs.*

Congrats! What a cute baby and American Girl is gorgeous as well!

ETA:: Can you say CHROME!?

Edited by ruckandride

What a pretty mare and that is a nice colt. Looks like he has some good bone, I really like that!

Congratulations!

Whoo Hooo! I was looking forward to this baby. American Girl is so lovely and you know I'm a Sshameless fan. He's gorgeous Lynne! [Not Worthy]

I believe you were really hoping for one sex or the other out of this cross, but I can't remember which you wanted. Or am I imagining all of that?"

Oh and I don't believe that Arizonians quite know what real mud is. :tongue9:

We were hoping for a filly. We would have named her FirSst Lady. American Girl has had 6 foals now... all colts.

As far as the mud goes... No, I'm sure we really don't know what real mud is. But in my defence, I've been raking and digging and hauling away muck for over a week now. Then I strip a stall and dump the used shavings there, let them soak up more of the muck and then rake and dig and haul away some more.

American girl really is a little snot. In case you all don't remember this is the mare we had sold and was gone or about 5 years. The people that had her lost their jobs and we bought her back . She came home really thin and REALLY spoiled. She was never "peaches and cream" just after foaling, but this is the worst she's ever been... though she's better and better every day.

Yeah, I thought I recalled you wanted a filly. I'm sorry American Girl didn't comply. Sshyamus looks to be a pretty darn good consolation prize to me though. :happy0203:

You've certainly have done a great job keeping your mud under control. We try and are usually reasonably successful, but with the ground as saturated as it is and moisture continuing to fall, it's a losing battle at this point!

Gorgeous!!

I do have a small problem with him though... You only posted two pics.

That just won't do. Won't do at all.

Must have more pics :happy0203:

Your new colt is precious and looks like his mom who is gorgeous. Good luck with him and please share more pictures. Thanks for sharing these. Remember - more is always better especially when it comes to baby pictures. [Yay]