FluffnTux

What Is Your Show Schedule?

What shows is everyone planning to kick off the year with? Any special or exciting shows you are looking forward too?

I'm planning on starting off in March with my young with a combined test and a dressage show, and then her first horse trial will be River Glen (hopefully). She has never been to a show so I am very excited!! I think Greater Dayton is next on the list, but who knows!

I'll hopefully start my other event horse back in june and do IEA and Spring Run, and Maui Jim. I want to move up to training with him either at Spring Run or Maui Jim, but again who knows what will happen by then!

So.. Anyone else?? [Jump]

Oh I miss Maui Jim! But I can't complain since Aiken is such a hot spot for eventing. :winking:

I'm thinking about trying a Jumping Derby (BN) later this month here in Aiken. Then in April a local Combined Test and a Jumper Fun Show. My goal is a May 3-phase (BN) at Full Gallop. Fingers crossed!

Aiken that sounds sooo nice right now! (We have 6 inches of snow ...grrr).

I was sooooo hoping that our barn would pick a show down in the carolinas... but of course they didn't, oh well, haha :happy0203:

I have been to lamplight 4 times, but not for Maui Jim (AEC and Wayne) I love love love the facility! If we don't go to Maui I think its South Farm :)

Anyone else?!

It was sunny and 60* here today but was sprinkling a bit by the time I got home, tacked up and got on. I got in a decent trot and canter set but had to "book it" back to the barn because it started coming down hard! Fuego was rather pleased that he got to trot home!

I've always loved Lamplight and spent many years showing there ... I also liked Wayne and Otter Creek up in Wisconsin. Have you ever been there? It's fabulous!

We head to Aiken at the end of Feb for 2 weeks. A bit of a bootcamp w/ my jump trainer who winters at Full Gallop.

Will do a jumping derby while down there as well. Along with major XC outtings. My guy is still a wee bit green in the eventing area. Much more accomplished in dressage due to an injury that kept us from jumping for a bit. But *knock on wood* here's to sound and progression!

Nikki- Are you doing the JB Derby???

It was sunny and 60* here today but was sprinkling a bit by the time I got home, tacked up and got on. I got in a decent trot and canter set but had to "book it" back to the barn because it started coming down hard! Fuego was rather pleased that he got to trot home!

I've always loved Lamplight and spent many years showing there ... I also liked Wayne and Otter Creek up in Wisconsin. Have you ever been there? It's fabulous!

I have never been to Otter Creek, but I have heard really good things about it! I would like to go someday!

FluffnTux

The plan is training at river glenn and prelim at the others.

Where are you from?

Wow! I wish I could be thinking about prelim, but I was going to go training at Jumpstart last year, but Tuxedo got hurt so those plans were gone... and Fluff has never done a show sooo ya haha!

I'll PM you where I am :)

FluffnTux

I have no idea. With the horse park being decommissioned due to the games its really pushing everything back for me this year *angry face*. I guess IEA will be my first, maybe queeny (depends how good of shape we are in if we can do them that close), Maui Jim, maybe River Glen, Wayne?

I dont know, this season is going to be a mess I feel.

Going to try to hit most of the events in our province this summer... we'll see how that works, ends up being one every month except for June and September have 2. I'm going to try for one a month... I've got my little paint mare hopefully going training all season- we did 2 last year but I'm hoping to polish it up this season, and I've just bought a new young prospect to start at pre-entry and I'm hoping to finish at entry (BN) with him if all goes well. Just have to play it by ear as always!

Poplar in March

Chattahoochee Hills in April

Maydaze at the Park in May

Poplar or Spring Run in June

Champagne Run in July

River Glen in August

Kentucky Classic in August

AECs (maybe) in September

Flying Cross in September

MidSouth in October

River Glen in November

Poplar in March

Chattahoochee Hills in April

Maydaze at the Park in May

Poplar or Spring Run in June

Champagne Run in July

River Glen in August

Kentucky Classic in August

AECs (maybe) in September

Flying Cross in September

MidSouth in October

River Glen in November

You sure have your season planned out! I like Spring Run, midsouth, and Flying cross :)

-And yes the horse park thing is messing a lot of people up, but I am pretty sure it is going to be back up and running for Team Challenge.

-And good luck with your paint mare and young horse!

Not sure yet, as I need to take the green bean X-C schooling first and figure out where we are, but I'd like to hit possibly FENCE, PC Eventing Rally at CHP, and RiverGlen in August.