Sign in to follow this  
Boocoo

Dressage Chit Chat #28

Thought it was time for a new one! We have 38 pages on the old one! [shocked] Wow we all talk a lot.

Thanks for asking if I am ok Beckham. Good question! Things have been crazy around here.

My husband was unexpectedly transferred out of state about a month ago! [Crazy] The company laid off a lot of folks and eliminated some upper management positions. Two of those people live here in our area, so they got first choice of where they wanted to go as managers. That bumped my husband. Fortunately, he keeps his same position and salary, we just have to move again! We had no intention of going anywhere for a long time. We wanted our son to graduate from high school here and we love our place. However, we are thankful they told my husband they don't want to loose him and he still has a job! So both our houses are on the market and my son and I have been up at the other house cleaning, painting, caulking showers, etc... I had to evict our tenant cause she never could pay the rent on time and her checks kept bouncing! Finally got all the money she owed us and booted her out! Selling two houses sucks! It's bad enough trying to sell one right now. This one has been getting lots of action, but it is a really unique and superb property, so I hope it will sell fast. One realtor that showed it congratulated our realtor on listing such a fabulous property. What a compliment!

I have managed to ride Beau a couple of times, but he laid his head open on something and Bobby laid his back leg open on something. Eddy is fine! Go figure! So I have been doctoring both and they are fine. Now it is supposed to rain and maybe snow this week. So will I get to keep riding? Guess time will tell.

Then some maniac flies his freaking plane into the IRS building in Austin. We are quite aways away from Austin, but a few people I work with have spouses or relatives that commute to work in that building. Fortunately all are ok.

So things have been very crazy in my neck of the woods and don't look to be getting any better, any time soon!

Hope you are all doing better than I am! [Crazy]

WOW! That is crazy Boocoo! Do you like where you will be moving? Will you have to board again?

Things have been tough around here lately as well; don't want to go into details now. Horses are all good and school is rough. The nasty weather we keep having hasn't helped! I hope your weather has been better at least!

Let's see. Fessor is continuing to heal and is sound. I have started riding him again. I'm still adjusting to a change in my meds. The anxiety level is down, but I'm dopey and tired much of the time. I'm hoping my body will adjust. For now, too much time sitting means I am likely to start nodding off. My new lunge caveson and Vienna reins arrived today. Who sends out a lunge caveson without a way to attach the bit??? So I'll need to find a couple short double sided snaps, preferably bronze colored to match the metal on the caveson. I have a lesson tomorrow, so probably won't try out the Vienna reins until Monday. It will be nice to adjust them with buckles instead of untying and retying knots in twine. lol

There's not too much going on here. The weather has gone from bitter to simply cold. We are at the ninth snowiest winter on record in Des Moines. At least one local weather person has decided that as long as we are having a snowy winter, we might as well try for the record. lol. Please keep us in mind for a long slow warmup. We are at high risk for flooding this spring after a snowy winter and very wet autumn.

Tracy

Yes Beckham, I do like where we are going to be moving and will divulge more on that later. My husband likes it as well, but is not happy about giving up what he has worked so hard for here! But he is happy he still has a good job!

We have looked at horse property and houses in town where we are going. We could buy property and a lot of properties have barns already on them. But here's my take on that. It won't very likely have an arena and it's colder and they get more snow. I want to be able to ride all winter. So we are thinking of finding Eddy a home and take Bobby and Beau and board them at a facility with an indoor. I found a real nice one that has both an outdoor and an indoor w/ mirrors and a round pen for Bobby later on. The owner is the trainer and a gold medalist with a great reputation. The board is reasonable and we could find a nice house in town for a lot less $$ than here and that would lower our mrtg. payment and even with board for two horses be less expense than here. So may be worth looking in to. The school district is excellent and very well rated, so would be good for our son. I don't think I'll have a problem finding a job either.

Our weather was decent all week. I only longed Beau though, cause his head was split open! Goof ball. I rode yesterday and he was quite nice, considering all the time off. I hope I can ride him tomorrow before the rain and cold front come through in the afternoon. Then it's supposed to turn nasty cold and rainy/snowy mid week again.

I know you must be completely totally tired of this winter by now. It's way worse where you are. I hope everything is looking up for you and will be all right. Hang in there. That's what I keep telling myself!

Boocoo, good luck with the move. It sounds like your life took a stressful turn. At least the company wants to keep your husband on! That much must be a relief.

Tracy

Thanks Tracy. I think we posted at the same time!

Hope you enjoy your vienna reins and find the snaps you need. Praying for a long, slow warm up. I know how scary flooding can be! [shocked]

Boocoo- Good luck on selling your houses!! Hope everything works out for you and your family...horses included!!

Beckham- How is your semester going??? I'm having the hardest one to date. UGH. One more semester...one more semester!

KTS- Hmm I wonder if we'll be going near your house?

And the countdown BEGINS! Scotch and I leave early early Friday morning for a trip to Aiken!! Woohoo!!

SSSOOOOOO tired. I woke up at five, was awake until a bit after six, then dropped off for awhile longer. I haven't watched the weather for the past few days. We are now up to the fifth snowiest winter in Des Moines, and could make it up to fourth or even third on the list after the snow we are expecting this afternoon.

3day, hang in there. Hard semesters are the pits, but they DO end. [Huggy] Take some time to have fun and let go of some stress.

Have a good Sunday!

Tracy

Tracy, I feel your pain on the not sleeping. I've been an insomniac for almost 4 years now, but usually I can take enough pills to knock me out. Lately that hasn't been working. So I've been up until 3 and 4 in the morning and tossing and turning.

3Day-This quarter is a nightmare and I am so fried right now. The bad weather makes everything harder as well. The only riding I have really been able to do is bareback in the snow. I expect plenty of pics from your trip!!

Oh my gosh did we have the most incredibly gorgeous day today. First one in months, I swear. Sunny and 70 degrees! I got my house all cleaned up, re-caulked our shower, mowed the grass and then was in the arena riding when a realtor showed up. She called, but I was outside riding. She was bringing back somebody that she had brought one night when it was too dark to see anything outside. So hoping they fell in love with it and buy it. I thought it was kind of cool that I was in the arena riding. I was having a great ride as well. Beau must have appreciated the nice weather as well. My son and I cleaned out all the water troughs, stalls, spread manure and all in all had a very productive weekend. I am beat!

Boocoo-Boy you have been busy. I hope everything works out for you and your family. Can we get a few Eddie pics before you get rid of him?

Beckham-I hope things dry out for you soon. This winter has been brutal.

3Day-Enjoy your trip.

Tracy-Insomnia sucks, I go through it at least once a year.Usually in the spring when the weather starts getting nice.

So we have had several nice days, above 40 degrees. Unfortunately I only got to ride once. Once Cheese was focused she was fantastic. Ground was a bit frozen yet. So we onlt did walk/trot. She is becoming more consistant.I am getting excited for nicer weather and to get back to lessons. This is the first winter we haven't had a backslide in the training process. she is actually doing better than where we left off in the fall.

Im at work so this wont be long but I have been reading along.

Dentist came on Friday. Layla just had new growth and a tiny spot where she was biting on her left cheek (probably from her tilting her head). Rex had 2 retained caps that were popped along with 1 blind wolf tooth and 1 erupted wolf tooth and equalibrating his bite.

I have my first show this year on Saturday. Due to not being able to ride much, I am just doing 1:1. Easy peasy and a good outing for us. The weather was stunning this past weekend. Low 70s and dry! We actually rode in my field for the first time in over 3 months! Layla did really well. Sunday we went over to Jills. Layla was nose to the ground just super relaxed and we did w/t/c/g like that.

Anyways, I think I need to go to the Dr for a meds tweaking. I just feel super mood lately and honestly, probably TMI, but I have no interest in being intimate or even affectionate with my husband. I know its a side effect of the meds but it really does put a strain on things.

Ill try to catch up later tonight. Farrier is coming out after work to do their feet so who knows.

Shantel, what meds are you on? Mine make me feel the same way, only I cannot take anything else due to side effects that will make the seizures/headaches worse. If you can though, see if they will let you try wellbutrin. It seems to have less of those side effects than other antidepressants.

So apparently I have sprouted feathers and started quacking or something, because Cripple Duck screams every time I put him down or walk away from him. I guess I am his mommy. He's currently trying to eat the touch pad on my computer.

CSA, that is great news that Cheese is getting more consistent this winter and not backsliding. All that hard work is paying off. That is huge! Congrats!

So we actually had snow today! Unreal. 1" to 3" in some areas. I know that's nothing to some of you, but for this area that is huge. We don't get snow! Of course it didn't stick here where I live, but it did in some areas. School starts two hours later tomorrow because it is going to freeze tonight and the roads will be icy. That is fine with me. Sleeping in two hours later is fantabulous!!! [Jump]

Cripple duck can swim!!! He got all grossing thrashing around his box, so I gave him a bath and then filled up the kitchen sink with nice warm water. After a few minutes of holding him, I let him go, and he swims!! If nothing else, he can be pool duck :)

Of course I stepped away to get a towel and he started screaming and looking around frantically. He thinks I'm his mom.

Dinners about ready but Emily I am on Zoloft. It has worked wonderfully for the depression but the libido has been a big issue from the start.

I think the zoloft isnt working as well because I totally forgot that I took 1 dose of this homeopathic remedy for grief. I spoke to Jill, because I was supposed to take one dose every day for 7 days but then the bottole broke so I was waiting for the new one and didnt take anymore. I didnt think that 1 dose would do anything. So I asked her after Randy brought it up. She said absolutely and that the remedies work by flushing out the issues you have. So it gets worse before it gets better. So apparently it starts mentally, then emotionally, and lastly, physically. Oy vey. So she told me to take one dose every 3-4 days instead of once a day so I dont totally overload myself.

It was 72 this afternoon.. then the rain moved it. On my way home at 5pm it was 48!!! BRRR. Raining and windy and cold again. Saturday I have a show and the high is 48! ugh..

Dinners ready...

Shantel, you might like the Wellbutrin then if you and your doctor think switching would be OK. It's the only antidepressant that doesn't mess with your libido. I wish I could take it rather than Effexor, but Wellbutrin isn't good for people with seizures and headaches. The Lyrica has helped SO MUCH with the seizures that I don't want to mess with the meds, nor does my doctor. Now if only something helped with the headaches...

Ive read about seizure reactions with a lot of the antidepressants. My goal is to one day get off of them totally. My aunt is on Wellbutrin and is doing well but I know everyone is different.

And that is so cute about you and the duck! That is how Patches was when she was a kitten. Followed me around like a duckling and if I wasnt holding/petting her, she was screaming her fool head off at me. Well she still does that. lol We need swimming pics of Cripple Duck!

Alyse, love the vids/pics. Hes so cute!

Boo, moving AGAIN? Geez just when you settle in. But Id move instead of losing my job. Hope everything goes smoothly for you all.

Beck, *hugs* hang in there.

Tracy, for sleeping I either take a benedryl (active ingrediant in PM meds) or my Dr has given me an rx for Zanaflex which is a muscle relaxer. Ive tried ambien and various other sleep meds and they dont work. Hope it improves!

Today I had my first hands on experience with implant supported dentures. I got to place the copings on the implants & prepare the denture for a reline and basically make it all perfect. My boss gave quite a few compliments too so that is good.

Tomorrow is FRIDAY! (well for me). I have a few patients in the AM and then I am going to another school with the other Dr. I think like 157 kids? who knows.

I am answering the phones for work 8-12 on Friday for my friend who works the front, then my appt with my Dr at 12:15, and then 7-9 is a pajama party at Citi that we are having a booth at and I am helping. Not to mention I have to get everything packed and ready to go for the show because my ride time is 8:40! And the venue is basically an hour away. Put that with wanting to be there about an hour before I get on to warm up, we are looking at leaving at 6am! ugh Then Sarah has rides at 12:30 & 2:14. I just cannot be there all day. So I am working with the show manager to either switch Sarahs latest time or move my time back some.

Well its time for bed.

I leave you with a few CRAPPY cell phone videos of my excitement when I came out to feed this evening. The horses were inspired by the rapid 25 degree weather change.

Check out Laylas moves at 0:20

th_0224101812.jpg

Rex says HI

th_0224101811.jpg

Hi ho silver (excuse me yelling at the dog)

th_0224101810a.jpg

And the famous "I feel so good I dont know what to do with my legs" jumps

th_0224101809.jpg

Krazy, hope you don't freeze to death at your show Sat. Sounds like your new job is really awesome. You are getting to learn new things and everything. That is really cool!

Yes, we need to move again, better to keep dh's job than find a new one. He has a great job, great pay, benefits, retirement, etc...

Canceled my lesson again for Sat. I just cannot get going with this crazy whacky weather. I am going to hold off on scheduling anymore lessons until our weather stabilizes and I can start riding consistently again. Glad I didn't enter the schooling show next weekend. I would not have been ready.

It doesn't make me feel any better that you folks in the warmer states are still having cold weather...usually this time of year, the warm makes its way here. So ya, this stinks! Windy and snowy here again today!! Good luck at your show Shantel!!

Good luck tomorrow Shantel!

We have a baby squirrel now. He's 5-ish weeks, based on what I've read online. He fell out of a tree we think, but hubby found him in the pig pen, and the little guy scurried over to me and let me pick him up, then started trying to nurse on my fingers. We tried to introduce him to cripple duck so they could keep each other warm, but cripple duck started trying to groom him, and the squirrel is too little to be groomed by the bigger duckling. He just wonders why the duck is biting at him.

I have new pics too, but they don't want to upload to photobucket.

Must. See. Baby. Squirrel. Pics.

Thanks everyone. Its going to be pretty darn cold. Now its 50% chance of rain. We did not get stalls as we didnt think it would be raining and stalls are $50 a piece (other venue they are $35). We may be paying day of to use them if it is raining.

Sarah and I pulled manes, trimmed docks, did bridlepaths and faces today. Loaded up the trailer with everything but grooming supplies and tack. Everything is ready to go 2 days early! YAY.

We are going to ride tomorrow afternoon at the neighbors place so we can use the arena. She also has hot water so we are going to ask to use that for Ben. I am not giving Layla a bath so no biggie there.

Chin up Beck... it will be warm one day.. it cant be winter ALL year long.

Going to get to bed. Getting up early on my day off to answer the phone for work... blech. At least I can stay in my PJs.

Hey everyone!

I haven't been on here in AGES...I've read everyones posts on this Chit Chat so far. Everyone seems pretty busy!

I've been extremely busy with my senior year of High School, work, and horses. I've also been battling numerous health issues with myself and horse for awhile. Things seem to be looking up, finally.

I look forward to hearing how you guys are doing and staying in touch more :)

I had a friend who had a squirrel that lived in the house. They found it as a baby too and it had a HUGE cage in the living room with a tree in it...it was pretty cool. But it got real nippy as it got older and if he got out he was a pain to catch:-)

Shiloh-Awwwwww. Cute pics.

LTM-Layla looks like a fruit cake in the vids. My type of horse. Good luck at your show.

3Day-I hope you got to leave early. If not I am sure you are cussing up a storm.

More of the white stuff today. It is not a lot but we are also getting high winds. So some spots have nothing and some have drifts up to a foot. At least Sun is suppose to be int the f40s. I think Cheese is getting fat with all this time off.

Hello from Aiken!!! Thank God...I was able to call work and ask if I could take yesterday off so we could get out of PA before the snowicane!! Good thing we did too!! We left at 1:30ishpm yesterday and arrived in Aiken at 1am this morning. Winds were a PIA on way down, but I'm sure they would have been worse today!!!

It's a bit chilly down here, but better than up home so I'll take it. Today is a unpack, light hack, and sleep day. Tomorrow Scotch will get his nose to the grind. Weds. we have a jumper derby. So hopefully we'll have some good jump schools with Sally before then.

Shiloh- OMG soooooooo cute!!! He is adorable!

McKenzie- Hi girl!!!! Hope things start looking up for you! How goes everything else for you??

Shantel- Good luck at your show!!