Sign in to follow this  
wiz157

New Horse

I have not posted for quite awhile. I bought another horse recently. She is an 11 year old 1/2 Arab 1/2 Quarter. I am looking forward to better weather and open trails to get out for a good ride. I have been doing some ground work, trailer training, and short rides around the farm.

post-26772-1266805080_thumb.jpg

LOVE the color!!

Is she a flea bitten grey?

My mare is starting to get a bit of Flea bitten on her shoulder and haunches.

Grey is my favorite color, and next would be blue roan.

Steve

gradpartyandj5pics049.jpg

Congrats on a new horse! She looks nice, QH and Arab, should be a great trail horse.

Steve your gray is pretty too!

Edited by equinitis

Have fun with the new girl. Looks like she might have the making of a good trail horse. I'm looking forward to getting my new boy home next week too and getting some warmer weather riding in.

The picture is from her old home in Southern Indiana, cause we still of inches of the white stuff.

She is 14.3. I was looking for a shorter horse from my 15.3 gelding. Helps getting on from the ground.

Her color on her papers is black roan. I have old photo when she was 4 which I will post. I am hoping her summer coat gets close to that color. She has a white diamond on her forehead.

post-26772-1267540368_thumb.jpg

"What is her name? " Her registered name is Blue Jewel Tiara, and I use Jewel. Her barn previously was Savanah. In case her former is on this board and recognizes her, she is doing great.

OH what a pretty girly you have there. Quarabs are just GREAT horses (snickers, I know this cuz I own one). Most have the endurance and heart of the arab, but cool head of a quarter. I love her color and that she is a roan and that she will keep her color. My horse was a nice steel grey when I got him, now he is almost white at 9 yrs old.

Sessionsride.jpg

8f88e7af.jpg

and here he is now

DSCN1477.jpg

Edited by Utahcowgirl

I seem to forget words on every post. You would not know that I have to words all the time in my vocation. Guess mind goes faster than fingers. Should have included the word "owner' in my last post.

Thanks everyone for your compliments on Jewel. Now if N. IL. winter will go away, and trails open we will see if she rides as good as she looks.

Edited by wiz157