Sign in to follow this  
DianeH

Is It March Yet?

I've been working this winter on my photography skills [Crazy] I now own 3 books, with a few more to be in my hands before spring is over I'm sure. No, I don't have any trail pics yet, but this will have to keep me occupied for now!

My son checking on things

IMG_4814.jpg

A cold morning sunrise

IMG_4870-1.jpg

Emmy Lou playing in the snow

IMG_4882.jpg

Shake that glove!!

IMG_4927.jpg

Dusty, my best friend

IMG_4892-1.jpg

And, some ice (hopefully our last!)

IMG_4890-1.jpg

Now Spring can arrive anyday now!!

Love that first picture!!! How cute! I didn't know you had mini donkeys.

That 2nd picture is beautiful !!!!

They are all good pics.. you still have lots of snow up there! Our snow is melted and gone and it's warming up. The sun is shining bright today and I'm going out to give the horses their wormer.

And these are the faces that keep me going!

Banjo peeking out of his barn

IMG_4757-1.jpg

Bandit watching the other horses

IMG_4750-1.jpg

And, Emmy looking like she really sees something out there!

IMG_4911-1.jpg

Love that first picture!!! How cute! I didn't know you had mini donkeys.

That 2nd picture is beautiful !!!!

They are all good pics.. you still have lots of snow up there! Our snow is melted and gone and it's warming up. The sun is shining bright today and I'm going out to give the horses their wormer.

Yep, we've still got way to much snow for this time of year! Last year we had the trailer out of the barn and hit the trails on March 15th. Don't see that happening this year!

I've had my donkeys since 2004. Dusty was given to me by a neighbor that didn't want him anymore, he's the best pet you could ask for. Banjo will be 4 this year, he was born here but I sold his momma.

I've been listening to Z100 at work (online), I heard your forecast for 45 this weekend, were about 10-15 degrees behind you!

Glad to hear from you!!

Thanks, but my dogs make it so easy!

Here's some I got this afternoon, it was a really nice day!

IMG_5023-1.jpg

IMG_5143-1.jpg

Buzz, my shorthair (he's the BEST ever!)

IMG_5069-1.jpg

IMG_5027-1.jpg

Lucy and Bandit watching the dogs

IMG_5121.jpg

Yep, we've still got way to much snow for this time of year! Last year we had the trailer out of the barn and hit the trails on March 15th. Don't see that happening this year!

I've had my donkeys since 2004. Dusty was given to me by a neighbor that didn't want him anymore, he's the best pet you could ask for. Banjo will be 4 this year, he was born here but I sold his momma.

I've been listening to Z100 at work (online), I heard your forecast for 45 this weekend, were about 10-15 degrees behind you!

Glad to hear from you!!

We have a ride March 13...... first big ride of the year. Not sure if I'll be riding that day yet.

I heard we're supposed to get about 50 degrees by Sat.

Last weekend we were in the 60's and it was nice!!!

Do you like the jack's better than the jennys? I was going to get a pair of 3 yr old spotted jacks (minis) from a friend but that fell through because he nephew decided he wanted them.

I love my boys, but I really think it's like horses, just depends on the animal. Dusty is by far the most wonderful animal I've ever known [Huggy] He's sweet, and so smart too. I really think a baby could crawl under his feet and he'd just stand and wait. Our crippled Bichon has gotten underneath Dusty, and he will even lift up a foot so Tater can waddle through. Never a kick or bite, he's really an angel.

We let them run in the yard during the summer so they can be with us more, they're more like our dogs. Banjo has a little more of a naughty streak, we don't have near the trust for him as we do Dusty.

Dusty has been with Banjo since he was weaned, they're inseparable now. If I hear a bray in the middle of the night, I know something is wrong. It can just be a coon crossing through, or maybe a deer in the pasture. They are great guard animals, and Banjo will go after a stray dog or cat in his pen.

I probably won't have anymore, 2 is plenty. Dusty is about 12 now, and I plan on this being his last home. He's been moved around way too much, he's staying with me.

Great job on the pictures! They look wonderful. The last one of Emma, is so clear I can see the long hairs sticking out from between her back toes. Boy she is really extending those back feet forward in her fun!

They both sound like sweet little guys, especially Dusty. I've always heard they do best with at least two together. I was wantin g only one to be a companion to my old mini mare (Littlefoot). She's in her 30's and even though she's in the same pasture as the other horses , she doesn't stay close to them too often.

My sister kept her mini gelding here all last summer and Littlefoot took to him and became buddies, then my sster took him back to her place. ...so I thought another mini would be good for Littlefoot. I really thought about a mini jenny. To tell you the truth, I don't need another animal of any kind!

Great pictures for sure. I have two spotted jennies that I have been trying to sell. They are the last two I have, they are living with the llamas.

They both sound like sweet little guys, especially Dusty. I've always heard they do best with at least two together. I was wantin g only one to be a companion to my old mini mare (Littlefoot). She's in her 30's and even though she's in the same pasture as the other horses , she doesn't stay close to them too often.

My sister kept her mini gelding here all last summer and Littlefoot took to him and became buddies, then my sster took him back to her place. ...so I thought another mini would be good for Littlefoot. I really thought about a mini jenny. To tell you the truth, I don't need another animal of any kind!

A friend would be nice for your mini! If you keep your ears open, you may find one fairly cheap. Too bad Meekie is so far north! (for you)

If I could have a horse or mule with Dusty's personality, I'd have the world. My son used to go out and stand on his back like a rodeo clown all the time, poor dusty just stood there quiet and put up with it!

I used to run them with my horses, but when Dusty and SKipper played too hard and Skipper ended up falling down a hill sideways and didn't move, I separated. (he was fine)

Very nice action shots of the dogs. I see the horses are about as active as the ones around here.

LOL, that's for sure!

Lucy just kinda gives me that "Oh gosh, she's out again!"

I sure hope we get out in a couple weeks!!!

Love, love, love your pics! You are getting a nice eye for shots :) The action shots of your dogs are GREAT! Dontcha just love dogs having fun in the snow? I also liked the ice/fence shot. Very artistic :) Thanks for sharing!!!

Love, love, love your pics! You are getting a nice eye for shots :) The action shots of your dogs are GREAT! Dontcha just love dogs having fun in the snow? I also liked the ice/fence shot. Very artistic :) Thanks for sharing!!!

Thanks! I'm really working at it, not all shots can be the great ones!

I signed up for a class that starts 3/18, sure hope to learn alot!!!