Katie Schuur

Stupid Parents!

Obviously they weren't thinking. And whoever just kept filming it while letting that girl chase that horse around needs their butt kicked.

I've got grandkids that size and I don't like the idea of them in with the horses at all.

Edited by Willy McCoy

Um, not sure really. It really does look like an attack since the horse's body language suggesting it, but the act itself really looks awkward. What I am sure about is that is total negligence on the part of the parent of guardian shooting vid.

[shocked] STUPID IDJIT! Put down the flippin' camera and GET THAT CHILD OUT OF THERE!!! I don't care if it's your kid nor not...

So much wrong on so many levels. [bang Head]

Yes....stupid parents....definitely....

Attack?: Kind of...not in the 'I'm going to kill you" thought...like what non horse people on You Tube view as an animal attack.

We...as horse people...should see the language coming clearly from this horse...and the others around them, too.

I have seen this type of "response" from a horse before. If you think about it, you probably have too...and from livestock.

Picture the little girl as the cattle dog/heeler/shepard doing the same thing....

See what I mean....

This horse was telling the girl, "I see you as no more that I see the annoying dogs that bark at my feet...you do not have a halter and leadrope on me and I am in with my buddies and I am getting really sick of you so....BUZZ OFF!"

The horse...luckily...could have bit, kicked, reared, ran away, trampled over her, etc.

I was holding my breath waiting for that...instead I saw...move it kid...you are bugging me..

There was a slight stumble...looks like they were on an incline and horse may have been off balance...a tiny tiny bit...but it was fully intended to get down low and "push" the girl away...if you notice the horse takes care to reagin itself carefully...more so out of instict, I am sure.

Horse could have taken her out if it wanted to...and clearly only pushed...

As for the parents....this horse was trying to convey a "somebody come get this kid" message a few times ....they should have known this....if they were not the owners/horsey people who was maybe just visiting the farm....then I blame the actual owners for not laying down the groundrules.

absolutely the horse did this on purpose, but i think its intent (as much as I can read intent in a horse) was to chase the girl away, not knock her down. we have all seen horses make this move - usually the offending horse spins and takes off, the little girl just had no clue what was coming.

Now as the the idiot parents, sheesh, i really don't know what to say..... :thud:

What a wonderful horse really!

Seeing that horse lower his body, to shove her away.

It could have been a hoof to knock her away.

A saint really.

[bang Head] [bang Head] Where are the parents?!?!

I agree, horse was pretty decent with the whole situation. Was clearly ticked and just pushed her. Could have easily struck, bit, or kicked out.

I have seen some thing simular to this some thirty yrs ago. It appears as if the horse is aquainted with the child. I don't know how much. It looks to me the horse was putting the child back where she belongs. The horse was doing it in the way he/she would an unruly colt. When I was about her age we had a small herd of horses and ponies. The head mare would push me about when I got abit unruly. Not as harshly as this but you could clearly see the child wasn't taking the hint. The first time it happen to me mine just pushed me with a rear hoof. It didn't hurt but I got the message.

The other question is,"Where are the parents or adult in charge?"

Stupid people suck. Nothing like putting a 4 yr old child in danger and blaming the horse.

That horse is a saint. It did every thing it could to get away from this child and had ample opportunity to kick or bite...but didn't. The parents should be hauled up on child endangerment charges.

Bumper

Wow.. I have learned the HARD way that kids do not belong out in the pasture with horses. Horses are territoral head animals and can get weird when kids/dogs are in their space.

That horse was definitally saying get out of my space, very lucky he didn't strike or kick her.

I commented there...

this horse was annoyed with the brat, warned her SEVERAL times. It was NOT a stumble, it was a calculated, ears pinned, side pass, with a height adjustment-shoulder drop into her. Good horse, Bad parents. This horse deserves a Patience medal, he COULD have just ran her over & stomped her little head into the ground.

Ever see 2 horses "playing"? They do the shoulder drop that resembles a stumble quite frequently.

Dechorses007-1.jpg

Oh jeez, that hurt to watch! :sick:

That's exactly why Donavinn is only allowed in the with the horses with me right by his side!

If those horses belong to the girl's parents...I would re-think ownership if I was them. You'd think they'd have more sense. :confused0024:

definitly intentional, and I don't see any stumble, it was all calculated and executed beautifully. yes that horse could of killed her, but thankfully horses are generally not murderous creatures.

parents? they are stupid, sometimes I can see why you should take a test or something to see if your mature enough to raise kids. [bang Head] [surrender]

pretty horses though.

RRR

Ok first of all, WHO IS THE IDIOT WITH THE CAMERA??? Whoever they were, I'd like to know WHY they didn't get the child out of there, she could have easily been killed. I watched the vid over and over, probably 10 to 15 times. I went back and looked at the actual knocking into the child and the moments leading up to it. The horse did fully intend to hit the girl like it did. But there WAS a slight stumble. More of a slip, actually. If you pay VERY close attention to the moment of the attack, the horse begins to side pass towards her, then tried to push off with his left foreleg to plow into her. It looked as though there was a slight dip in the ground, and his left foreleg slid when he tried to push off with it. You can also notice that his right hoof then buckles under as he tried to regain his footing. Watch the vid again a few times and pay VERY close attention when it goes into slow motion and you will see what I mean. Now, he kept going for the child obviously, while regaining his balance.

The child obviosly did not know any better, she could have been killed in a heartbeat. Where her parents (or whoever was in charge) TRYING to kill her?? Sure seems like it! [bang Head]

Wow stupid people! [bang Head]

I dont care how much they may trust those horses you should never let a kid run in a pasture with horses like that! She was running after them and plus a few times she went right by the hind end of the horse. he clearly is trying to get away the parents should have gone and got her before anything happend...Should of havent let her do that in the first place! It does look like he did trip abit but, i agree i think he was just putting her in her place, he was trying to get away she kepts following him.. That should not of happened! If you look closley it looks like right before he did that he was going to kick her, but he didnt...Thank God! People shock me with their stupidity!

All I can do is ditto everybody else, the horse was clearly irritated with this girl, & I can't blame it. Who was ever taping this was either blind or stupid. PD

Ain?t that Linda Parelli?s first video [ROTFL] [ROTFL]

I was Triple Dog Dared to do that!

But seriously that little girls parents are the biggest morons.

Ain?t that Linda Parelli?s first video [ROTFL] [ROTFL]

I was Triple Dog Dared to do that!

But seriously that little girls parents are the biggest morons.

[ROTFL] [ROTFL] [ROTFL] [ROTFL]

It was NOT a stumble, it was a calculated, ears pinned, side pass, with a height adjustment-shoulder drop into her. Good horse, Bad parents. This horse deserves a Patience medal, he COULD have just ran her over & stomped her little head into the ground.

That was what I noticed, too ... but I also felt his stumble wasn't completely intentional; I didn't think he expected his R fore to buckle under at the ankle so I think his recovery was a little 'bigger' than he intended it to be, but it still gave him the results he expected to have; tell that girl in no uncertain terms: to leave him alone.

The horse did fully intend to hit the girl like it did. But there WAS a slight stumble.

If you pay VERY close attention to the moment of the attack, the horse begins to side pass towards her, then tried to push off with his left foreleg to plow into her. It looked as though there was a slight dip in the ground, and his left foreleg slid when he tried to push off with it. You can also notice that his right hoof then buckles under as he tried to regain his footing.

Ya know...come to think of it...I was that kid on a few reare occasions when Dad and Sue was not around...but, I was older and was expected...and by showing it, that I knew the obvious basics.

I was 11 when I was in the pasture pushing a shetland pony away from the gate and my friends were there (non horse friends) so I was showing off how BIG i am and How I can make this onory little pony move when I say move....

The pony gave me a swift double legged side kick to the ribs and tummy...looked like a soccer player going airborne for the goal shot....

Luckily, I was just enough distance away form him to gey scraped and a little push from the hooves.

It was...fully...the intention of this pony to get me...he was not looking out for me and was not trying to send me a warning...he wanted me busted up....so I agree with all of you...this horse is a SAINT....I want him....my kids would benefit from how wise he is..

I never told my dad b/c he would have banned me from the pasture for life...I just spoke of it just now...but....lesson learned for me, huh?

I was alone then and older. The person holding the camera and whoever else around should be severely dealt with.

(and then to put it on 'You Tube', to boot....duh....here's how sick and stupid we are...we are going to show the world what bad parent's and horse people we are...we almost kiiled our kid...let's put it on 'You Tube'...duhhhhh...)

I'm with all of you. It was planned and intentional and it should have happened to the person holding the camera not the little girl. That horse warned her over and over and she should have never been on her own in there anyway. I have a daughter who says "Stupid people should not be allowed to live". Well, sometimes I agree with her. I have been around several mares raising foals and that horse was telling that little girl to go away the way a mare would a pesky foal. They are lucky she wasn't kicked or picked up and shaken. Horses aren't murderous but they are big and have rules and that little girl was breaking all of them.

Parents should be "horse whipped".

My 7 yo son watch the video with me yesterday..

As the kid is annoying the horse first words he said was that horse is mad mom. She is gonna get kicked... then he said. That horse was nice to her he should have kicked her.

Coops, that's funny. I was thinking the same thing that your son said.

I almost couldn't watch the video. Our son is almost 2 and he is NOT allowed in the pasture unless he is with us- and he knows it.

Why would anyone allow their child with the horses like that? Watching the body language of the horse, it is obvious it is trying to avoid the girl.

The video makes me very, very angry.