Sign in to follow this  
Great_Whitey

Of Cancer And Plane Crashes, Oh My

Maybe one day I'll have an actual update instead of a prayer topic....We shall see...

About 5 minutes ago, I found out a good friend of mine was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer, and there is a large mass in her pelvic area, however that has not been biopsied yet. She is one of the happiest people I have ever met in my entire life, and she is happy through making others happy. She has the biggest heart in the world, and it is rare to see her without a smile. She is in her mid-fifties...Too young. Please keep her in your thoughts.

Another friend of mine, and my boss and her SO...although I do not know her as well as Irene, was out in her plane over the weekend with a friend and collided with another small plane. Nobody survived, the man in the other plane has been identified as a man from Illinois, and although we are waiting on dental records and dna tests to find out for sure...her car has sat in the airport parking lot since Friday afternoon, so I think it is pretty safe to say that her and her friend are the other two bodies. Nobody has heard from her since sometime on Friday or before, and we are trying to reach her family in Germany to notify them...Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers as well...She was a VERY talented rider and trainer, very much a professional to be looked up to...Greta and I were not in the area all weekend and didn't really take any calls other than clients, so we were both quite shocked when we heard the news this morning.

Speaking of talented riders/trainers, and excuse me if some of you have heard but many have not...Courtney King Dye(Olympian, Idocus might ring a bell) is in a coma after an accident on a young horse a few weeks ago...She asked him to get off of her leg and he willingly did but tripped over his back legs and went down on top of her. She was not wearing her helmet. She is doing better, she can breathe on her own for short periods of time and there have been some other positive moments, but will have a long road back. At our show this past weekend, we sported green ribbons(like the pink and yellow ribbons for cancer and soldiers, ya know) on our coats in honor of her...And also warmed up in helmets. I have never been one to regularly wear one, unless on something super green, something super dangerous, or at shows as a young rider...But both Greta and I have been trying to remember to put one on before we get on ANYBODY at the farm. Just something to think about, not trying to tell you non helmet wear-ers that you have to or you stink if you don't wear one....

Another good family friend had a stroke about a week ago, and was in a coma and on life support until today...The doctors said that if she ever came out she would probably be a vegetable...So today her husband kissed her and said goodbye...They have been longtime family friends, their kids grew up with my dad and uncles and aunt, and I grew up with their grandsons, one of which was my best friend and we dated for about 6 months before he was killed instantly in a car crash...So they are very close to us and it will be hard for Art and family...

And one more request again...My grandpa's operation(colon cancer) is early next week and we are all starting to feel anxious again but trying to stay positive...Please keep my family in your thoughts as well...

Jackie, I'm so, so sorry. [Huggy] I've been praying for you and I'll continue to, and you're in my thoughts too. [Huggy]

Just let me know if you need anything! [Angel] [Angel] [Angel]

Jackie...

You know you are in my thoughts and prayers. As soon as my cell is charged (hopefully it will turn on...it went through the wash at the hotel...yikes!) I'm going to call you...I hate that we didn't get a chance to catch up before we left for the summer

<3 you! Miss you! Thinking of you! I did hear about Irene...I hate that this is happening to her.

-Amanda

Thanks guys.

I thought I had updated this but I guess not!

The day after I made this post, my grandfather fell and broke his hip in the barn aisle...He had surgery on that like...wednesday or thursday the same week. His oncologist was still being iffy as to whether he wanted to do the colon surgery the DAY he was supposed to be operated on. :l

And he had issues with the anesthesia...that was entertaining, and frightening all at the same time. He snapped out of that after two days...and has been fine up until yesterday, had memory issues again, and today he is normal...

But we have a *new* date for his colon surgery, and that is either the 20th or the 22nd lol. So I will go pick up my dad from the airport on the 19th, stay home probably until the 25th, then back to work for like 4 days and then on to regionals...Hopefully!

other than that, there has been no real excitement and I am very greatful for that!