BuddyRooShmancyNShy

Oy, Your Inquiring Minds.

.............and he did ask for ring specs a couple of weeks ago.............

So what kind of ring are you holding out for?

I picture something un-ordinary for you like.......hmmm.......a blue sapphire or emerald or something like that.

Ohh.....pretty...... http://www.brilliantearth.com/rings/blue-sapphire/

How booty-ful is THIS one.....and nothing sticking up to catch on things.....

6685-b1%20flat.jpg

Don't mind me.

I'm off down a road somewhere on a tangent........LOL

:)

Edited by Cactus Rose

Couldn't of happened to a nicer person. I'm so very happy for you and Mr. Broo. [Huggy]

CR~ that is a gorgeous ring, one worthy of our Buddy.

THough I still fear the whole getting married thing. I kind of like the whole "we just agree to stay together" concept. ;)

Nothing wrong with that. Weddings can be really expensive headaches. But you two will figure out what's best and make it wonderful!

Congrats again. [Huggy]

Something simple on the beach. Cause that's about the only place you are going to be able to find that will hold all of your HC friends. [ROTFL] Or just go to the JP and have a big party later. It's not about the wedding, it's about the wedding, it's about the marriage.

Yeah, well...I'm sure he'd go for something very very simple and far far away from any kind of traditional wedding....

There's one church here in town that I just love. It's non-denominational and I've been to weddings there and it's just beautiful. We were walking past it one day this fall...Doug, his best friend, his Dad and me--to a football game--and I commented on how lovely it was. Everyone kind of sucked in their breath and looked at Doug waiting for him to say something. Turns out, that's where he and his ex got married. LOL So that's out.

But I have to do SOMETHING....a party at least...because while he's been married before, I haven't and I know that my mom and grandma would kick my butt if I didn't do something that they could attend. LOL My brother and his wife got married on the beach in Hawaii and no family could attend so I'd hate to disappoint. It's just hard to plan a date with my brother being deployed.

As far as rings...I'm not a gold gal...and with the barn and such, white gold nah....platinum baby. ;) I like simple. I kind of told him what I liked and so we'll see. Maybe we'll go shopping a little when he gets back from FL after Easter.

platinum.....yeah baby.....girl after my own heart.

Congrats Broo. It really isnt bad to be married but it does take getting used to when you have been used to " alone"

Dave and I paid for our Wedding ourselves.

After families being a PITA. We said heck with it and went to the courthouse. We dressed the part. I had a simple wedding dress. Hubby wore a formal suit. We invited family. The judge who was quite excited gave a a more traditional ceremony.

We had beautiful pictures taken in the courthouse garden. (Gift from family friend)

Grabbed my son who was 7 and we went off to visit distant family.

Let me see if my scanner works...lol

But I have to do SOMETHING....a party at least...because while he's been married before, I haven't and I know that my mom and grandma would kick my butt if I didn't do something that they could attend.

The only reason i didn't elope when I married Tsu is because his mom had never ever had a "wedding" and this was her last chance. She had eloped on a friday since that was when they both got paid and her older son had got married without telling her until after the fact.

So we planned a small outdoor ceremony at their house with JUST family invited, then followed with a pig roast reception in their pole barn afterward. We kept it delightfully small, personal (and affordable) and made my new MIL very happy. I'd have much rather just gone to the court house and had a JoP do the thing but it was a fun day it made all the wedding obsessed folks in the family happy.

I'm sure you guys can find a happy medium between "having something folks can attend" and "keeping it small". I mean, ya'll are way smarter than me and even I figured out a way to manage it, hehe.

amen to the something simple broo.. i thought i wanted a big rock, because everyone just love sparkly rocks... lol.. um, ya.. id forget about it, and the sucker seriously sliced me open a few times when i wasnt paying attention our outside working.. in about 3 weeks time i had already descided that i wanted a simple montana silversmiths ring with inlaid Cubics, very simple.. i can honestly say i like it more than the big rock that cost 10 times as much.. the big one will come out for special occasions, and when we get married, otherwise its the simple every day with no worrys on wrecking it..

congrats!!

neither of us want to plan a wedding.. but his fam and mine are determined that we have a huge wedding and invite everyone (500-600 people).. thats all fine and swell, if they plan it.. we'll show up.. lol..

its your day, do whatever makes you happiest.. it doesnt have to be traditional.. some of the nicest most meaningful weddings ive ever been to were FAR from your normal white church and 300 guests.. do what makes you happy!

Turns out, that's where he and his ex got married. LOL So that's out.
[ROTFL]

...and with the barn and such, white gold nah....platinum baby. ;)
What's wrong with white gold? [Question]

What's wrong with white gold? [Question]

That's what I have as my jeweler friend said it would be much nicer than platinum at the barn.

Holds up beautifully.

I like the weight of the platinum to be honest.

I like white gold too....but I like the heaviness of a platinum band. Dunno why.

Barnboss just called and gave me one heck of a pitch for getting married on the Canadian side of Niagra Falls. Gardens, carriages, etc etc.

I think I did exactly the opposite of what I intended with this thread...instead of settling anything down and answering a few questions, I managed to create more questions and now y'all are picking out rings and dresses and locations! [ROTFL]

I'll have to ask Doug, but I'm thinking I should just let you guys plan the whole danged thing.

Anyway. Gotta get back to work.

congatulations , i am so happy for you. mr. and mrs broo, has a nice ring to it.

just sorry i cant post the dancing bannanas for you , but YEE-HAAAAA, good for you.

and may the worst day in your future, be better than the best day in your past.

HTTY

cowboy

You can have a wedding. To qoute my sister in law about me be married before..... She was married before too. Heck first ones don't count that was just a warm up party. Have the party of your dreams.

Congratulations!!!!!! You guys are cute together. And I knew when you were worried for his little girl.

Does Doug know about us yet?

Some of us... and he's definately going to know all about me once I'm done planning his wedding! [ROTFL]

I did a double take when I read your post! I've been gone awhile so I didn't get to see how you met and all that. I just know that I'm happy for you! You deserve it.

Congratulations!

teehee! the way you were talking yesterday.......

i could not be happier for you. it is finally happening for you, just like i knew it would!

Hey, could you all lay off the "finally!"s? I'm six years older than BRoo (I think) and still looking for "mine"! :winking:

I'm very happy that the right one has come along for you Broo! You do truly deserve it!

I'll miss the dating stories, but I'll bet the "figuring out this married and step-mother thing stories" will be at least as entertaining! :winking:

OMG I am so glad I saw this, CONGRATULATIONS!!! [Not Worthy] [Huggy] [Yay] [Jump] :happy0203:

Now run away to Vegas to get married in the drive-through Chapel and I'll bring the camera :winking:

I really like being married (24 years), but I didn't like Getting Married...we toned it down by getting married on Memorial Day weekend when I knew alot of my cousins would be out of town. We got married at 1:30 in the afternoon and had the reception at a nice hotel. We had a buffet and we were home by 5:30. No clean-up for the family to take care of afterwards. I think that we only sent out 42 invitations.

I was sick the next day. If I had a "real" wedding, I probably would have been sick for a week!

Broo - Congrats! Very excited to see all the upcoming details and planning!

Getting married can be as nerve-wracking, or as calm as you want to make it. I thought of this when you said you feared the whole married concept.

For me it was not a big deal at all. It was the next step and we took it, I was not stressed about us marrying and I made sure I didn't make the planning some big crazy bridezilla production. You can do that too, you just have to get into that mindset.