Sign in to follow this  
MissMotherNature

Looking For A Stallion

I am tossing up the idea of breeding this mare. I will not breed her to my stallion for two reasons, they are bred for different disciplines and he is tested positive for LWO and she is not tested as of yet. I assume she is positive and unless I know otherwise she will not be bred to a positive stud.

I am looking for a WP/HUS stud that will pass on quality of movement. Pj is a very nice mover but I would like a stud with a shorter back and an nicer hip than hers. I am looking at APHA and AQHA studs. I am not looking to spend a fortune on a stud fee as I just spent that on buying my own stud [Crazy] so for this one I would like to spend less than 1,000. I am looking at a lot of the stallion auctions to get reduced stud fees on nice studs. It can be AI or live cover I am not picky nor is this mare. I do not care about color either.

This foal will be one of my few keepers, I love this mare.

Here are some old pics of her

pj11-14-07002.jpg

Preg with her last foal in 2007

MVC-016F.jpg

Showing in 4H at the state show as a 2yr old

pj1.jpg

Here is her Pedi-http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/my+zippers+busted

MMN

Not sure this matters to you, be I would bet you a $100 that your mare is actually a splash, rather than frame, overo. Of course she could be both, but there is a good chance she doesn't carry frame (lethal white) at all. It might be worth testing for you, just to widen your breeding pool. IIRC, the test is only $35. I am not really into the pleasure disciplines, so no really recommendations for you. Except if you did get her tested and she proved LWO neg, I have always loved Bearly A Diamond. He has sired winners in both halter and pleasure/HUS.

Edited by Bryna

Thank you Bryna, I am going to get her tested to widen what I can breed her too. I have found several stallions that I like but they are positive and I just will not take that chance, let alone with this mare. She has already lost a foal and I will not increase the chances of that happening again.

I love that stallion! to! To bad they are only offering live cover. If it were not all the way in Nebraska I would really consider him, if she's negative.

Here is what her 07 filly looked like.

MVC-002F.jpg

She was a cutie.

MMN

Have you looked at Thanks For Com En? He's more geared towards HUS than WP since he's APHA/Jockey club reg. He's also OLWS neg. and his stud fee is $1000

Thanks For Com En

I do love Hot Diggity Joe, but his stud fee is $1500

Don't Skip Zip has a stud fee of $1,000 for APHA mares

I've always loved You Bet Im Good, but I'm a sucker for roans. He has a stud fee of $650 for APHA mares You Bet Im Good

AQHA Cremello: Flashy VanillaZipper

APHA: Rock Four, Huslers Deck of Stars, Two Shameless (Always loved him myself) & Hey How Ya Doin

personally I think I'd stay w/ black n wht(maybe even Tobie but blk n wht. for sure! no Roan or Gray(on this mare for sure) !! there is still a good market for SOLID black w/ chrome and blk/wht. and a Zippo-something? too. can't hurt! I like her though!!she has just enough blk/wht not too much wht! to much white always make there Confo. look weird!And hard to keep up too!I think you should pick a nice Creme stallion! He'll give you the color you need! lots of good deals out there right now!!! happy shopping!!

I found this guy in Kansas.. His price is right...I also like his hip and balance.

Seven S Chippendale

BUT I did find a son of his...

"Don't CHip My Chrome"

http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/dont+chip+my+chrome

He is in Oklahoma, been shown, (has Impressive blood lines) He also is a Sabino. It could mean color or another medicine hat. :happy0203: It will definatley be black. I like his balance for a hunter under saddle and feel he would blend well with your mare.

http://www.balesperformancehorses.com/stallions

AD

Actually Alaskin I had found him in a stallion auction and am going to inquire on him. I REALLY like him. Im a sucker for black and whites.

What makes ya'll say she is not a frame overo. My stud is patterned very similar and he is positive for LWO and a friend of mine has a stud patterned JUST like her that is positive. Just wondering if you guys were seeing something that I am not.

MMN

She could be MMN. TWinkie is tested positive. When I looked back at the other mares(all of the paint mares have been bred to quarter horses) in Twinkies paint line.....Twinkie looks exactly like her granddam. Out of the 8 (?) colts her grand dam had all were frames except Twinkies dam who was a regular overo.. However they still bred her to a quarter horse... So Thats why I decided it was important to test her..

You know its funny how I found him....Also I know what its like to loose a horse on your birthday, I did too and I look at that spot in the yard where we put her down every year since I lost her [Me Cry] Its hard to celebrate sometimes, but a new on would help make the pain go away! [Huggy] That little filly was sooooo cute and nicely put together ....Who was her sire if you don't mind me asking?

AD

alrighty, been busy but been dying to post this! as im sure you know if you want a horse to keep it has to be smart & beautiful & if you want to compete go for the name! i always look @ the studs babys first ive seen alot of nice studs throw uglys & ugly throw nice. i dont do wp i do racing (so you can always consider runners! :tongue9: ) anyway i got for dirt cheap a very nice mare that was dead broke to pony some hot young colts. shes by Sweet Cruiser. hes full brother to Hotroddin Zippo (?) i believe- if i get any info wrong everyone can feel free to correct me,- anyhoo her half brother- Mainstreet Cruiser won the world in '08 in wssenior trail. there is a youtube video. i can vouch that this horse has one very nice hip, long shoulder & a baby doll head, not to mention the brains (yes i was very lucky to get this mare) also although i do not do wp i am in LOVE with Invitation Only, if you cant afford him you go to a good son (or i would) i really like One Hot Invitation, so i checked out his babys, i was pretty darn impressed! & his stud fee is only $1250. [Yay] BUT if you do get a wild hair & breed to a runner may i recommend Ivory James?! :happy0203: my mare just had one of his babys & what class! shes perfect, yes PERFECT. i cant wait to see her run!!! anyway, GOODLUCK!!!!

Edited by fastfilly79

I think I am going to go with Dont Chip My Chrome, I can get a breeding from him from a stallion auction for $250. That will give plenty of room for the AI fees and anything else it takes to get her in foal.

Alaskin- Her sire was Peppy's Ghost a bay tobi stud. He is now in England or I would breed back to him. He was a nice stud and this filly was better than both sire and dam in my opinion. We lost her to some freak allergic reaction to something, I guess I never will know what it was. It was a terrible experience that I never want to go trough again.

MMN

I know you may have made up your mind but here are a few more studs:

Absolute Asset discounted fee $700, Here is his web site Click here

Macs Good and Plenty stud fee through the NE Quarter Horse Association for only $700. Here is his web site Mac

Protect Your Assets his discounted fee is $825 here is his web site Click here

You Bet I'm Good reduced fee is $475 here is his web site Click Here

I looked up Peppys ghost...Pretty boy...IMHO though you would do better with "Chip" to make a better hunter style horse..Chip has a better neck and shoulder for better extension. Legs are longer also and his body isn't as heavy..

AD

Alaskin- He's defiantly a more roping type horse. She was bred to him when I bought her. There is no way I could breed to him now, he is in England. The filly was nice but this mare I would love to cross with a Wp stud and get an nice show baby.

I emailed the owners of Don't Chip My Chrome for more pics of him and his foals and hopefully a video of him moving. Hopefully I will hear back soon.

Duns I will check those stallions out, Thanks.

MMN

I had a tobiano mare who was LWO carrier, so good for you for not breeding her to a LWO stud even if she appears to not be a "frame" overo.

I am reccomending this stud for now or even in the future! [Jump]

http://www.justzippinaround.com/jzaleaguer.html

or his sire

http://www.justzippinaround.com/justzippinaround.html

I am not aware of their LWO statuses though.

OMG! that's Jackie's trainer(she was w/him yr&half and traveled with him to all the shows too)!!he is the nicest guy!!I call'd him twice! now and he will just talk for hours like Your the #1 person in the world!! and I love his stud! If I was breeding that would be my pick! I like his neck a lot better too!! and he is suppose to be a really calm horse and he campaigns him all over Ca.and is top of the heap too! apr-oct I like that! It give's you a better Idea how your baby will act if you can see dad preform not just be a "Pretty Pix",and some stats and he will be there(in person) this year in Ok&Tx to so you can see him at world! very cool!!

Beautiful mare Fast filly!

When I was wanting to breed my mare, Justin was my first pick also. He has the best personality and all of his babies are so quiet and well behaved.

Here are some from the grandsire "Seven S Chippendale" whom "Don't Chip My Chrome" is by.

http://www.kgjquarterhorses.com/sold2.htm

There is a picture of "Don't Chip My Chrome" as a foal. Nice looking even as a foal.

Good Show records for foals by the Grandsire..Of Course Seven S Chippendale is also available...

AD

thank you Reiner! yeah she is a head turner! she is a sweetheart too, she was only 800# when i got her [surrender] i wasnt really wanting to get another horse, but i wasnt gonna leave her. but its ok because my aunt bought her from me, so i know shes @ a real good home & my 6 y.o. cousin can love all over her. [Jump]

Alaska, i didnt see any pix of Dont Chip My Chrome babys? or is he a freshmen?

So I am assuming you are from Oregon then Fastfilly? Because I have noticed the most Justin babies are from the Southern Oregon location. If you are then maybe we will have to meet up sometime! Anyways, I am glad your mare got a good home!