tiffany__manross

What Do You Wear To Ride In?

I rarely ride in jeans. So for me it's: breeches, fun colored boot socks, paddock boots, half chaps, a t shirt or long sleeve shirt. When it's cold I ride in a down vest. If it's not quite cold enough for the vest, I wear a jacket.

020-Copy.jpg

011-3.jpg

IMG_0415.jpg

IMG_0185.jpg

wow posters...if she bothers you, why not just ignore it??? There's no rule saying you can't post the same topics several times.

Honestly people.

If you have a problem than why even post? Ignore it. Why stir the pot more?

If anyone else had come on and posted this there wouldn't be these kind of responses. I don't care what's happened in other threads. That doesn't matter here. NONE of you know that Tiffany posted this to cause 'trouble'. She might have forgotten about those other threads. I know that's happened to me before!

Tiffany- Usually when I ride I'm in breeches and my tall boots. Personally I'm not a fan of half chaps. Always a helmet. Usually a t-shirt or tank top if it's very warm. I wear gloves as well.

usually something like this:

img_3962.jpg

I like under armor for tops - especially in cold weather. In general I like to have things that are form fitting, so in winter I'll wear sweaters and stuff but usually with a vest over it - not just for looks but so it's easier to see my back and position in the mirrors.

Would wear my tall boots more but I finally killed them. They're like 10 years old now, and i finally busted through the sole a few weeks ago :(

usually something like this:

img_3962.jpg

I like under armor for tops - especially in cold weather. In general I like to have things that are form fitting, so in winter I'll wear sweaters and stuff but usually with a vest over it - not just for looks but so it's easier to see my back and position in the mirrors.

Would wear my tall boots more but I finally killed them. They're like 10 years old now, and i finally busted through the sole a few weeks ago :(

what a cute horse :)

Would anyone else like a suspension? I've already handed two out...

There is no bulletin board law about how many posts there can be on a particular topic. There is however a rule about harassment. If you feel the need to harass my members you will be booted out.

Nikki- As I recall there was mention in the rules some time ago a suggestion about searching for a topic so that redundant topics aren't posted over and over again.

As I didn't post on either of the previous topics:

I usually wear tall boots, schooling breeches in fun colors, some form or tee or polo, a jacket or hoodie depending on the weather, gloves and a helmet.

Horse wears a baby pad, fun square pad or western rug folded up, plastic roma boots (eskadron knock offs) on all 4 legs... an ancient breastplate with a cheapie running attachment and goes in a mullen mouth pelham. My girth is brown with a D ring in the middle, and my saddle.

Here's a pic form the beginning of March.

DSC_0158.jpg

Edited by SmileItLooksGoodOnYou

Nikki- As I recall there was mention in the rules some time ago a suggestion about searching for a topic so that redundant topics aren't posted over and over again.

The rules are here:

http://forums.horsecity.com/index.php?showforum=1

There is no RULE that you can't post on the same topic. I see people do it all the time. Just because it was a topic a month ago... or a year ago ... or a week ago. Big deal!

I find it horribly unfair that JumperCrazy was suspended for only posting links to previous threads of the same topics posted by Tiff.

Can you tell me how that is harassment and warrants a suspension?

I find it horribly unfair that JumperCrazy was suspended for only posting links to previous threads of the same topics posted by Tiff.

Can you tell me how that is harassment and warrants a suspension?

Agreed, whenever someone posts a topic asking about a saddle or an opinion on something, they usually get links to someone who asked the same or a similar question in the past.

ETA: And on the subject of this topic, I ride nekkid....but only on Mondays.

Edited by Northern_Hunter

Are people really that slow to understanding the point Nikki's making? It's not about whether someone is following the rules or not, it's about the lack of maturity some people have on these boards. If you have a problem with Tiffany's post then contact the administrator or Nikki- don't just post rude comments to try and get her to stop! We've all seen that it does nothing.

It really bothers me when some people can't get over themselves and ruin the fun for everyone else. I find it extremely disappointing to see the constant bullying towards a certain member on the hunter/jumper board. If you can't play nice than don't post at all.

Edited by Pathos

Most of the times Jeans and cowboy boots and a Tank/fitted T (winer time long sleves).

If Im going to be working a lot in my english saddle I put Breechs and Tallboots on still with a tank/Fitted T.

If I am taking a lesson. Breeches Tall Boots and a polo/Nice Fitted shirt.

Sometimes I ride in Full Chaps when riding english. And Sometimes I ride in Chinks western.

Are people really that slow to understanding the point Nikki's making? It's not about whether someone is following the rules or not, it's about the lack of maturity some people have on these boards. If you have a problem with Tiffany's post then contact the administrator or Nikki- don't just post rude comments to try and get her to stop! We've all seen that it does nothing.

It really bothers me when some people can't get over themselves and ruin the fun for everyone else. I find it extremely disappointing to see the constant bullying towards a certain member on the hunter/jumper board. If you can't play nice than don't post at all.

"It's not about whether someone is following the rules or not,"

What/!?!?!?! I'm sorry but that's outrageous and I'm pretty sure that is NOT the point Nikki was making. I don't really understand why JC was suspended when she only linked and others made very rude, pointed comments, but Nikki is the admin and can do as she sees fit. Arguing about it isn't going to change it, only get more suspensions handed out.

"It's not about whether someone is following the rules or not,"

What/!?!?!?! I'm sorry but that's outrageous and I'm pretty sure that is NOT the point Nikki was making. I don't really understand why JC was suspended when she only linked and others made very rude, pointed comments, but Nikki is the admin and can do as she sees fit. Arguing about it isn't going to change it, only get more suspensions handed out.

A valid argument for something you believe in is always a good fight to fight. We can stop being tyranical now.

We have a lot of people involved in this who are rather hypocritical too. Pathos, I believe I saw a snide comment from you on Tiffany's "new stuff" thread the other day, after the whole saddle blow up.

A valid argument for something you believe in is always a good fight to fight. We can stop being tyranical now.

We have a lot of people involved in this who are rather hypocritical too. Pathos, I believe I saw a snide comment from you on Tiffany's "new stuff" thread the other day, after the whole saddle blow up.

I'm still failing to see why people cannot just ignore her posts, if they are bothered by them though.

It's not the posts that bother me. It's the bad attitude and rude remarks that all of us have to deal with when we offere suggestions or comments on her posts.

I understand that her attitude would bother you the first few times you offer suggestions, but after you find that she continually does that, why keep posting on her topics, if you know that all you're going to get is snide??

I must be blind because I see no bad attitude with the start of this post. None at all.

There wasn't on this one. FYI I was not saying that I agreed with Chris about her attitude, witholding judgement on that one.

To me, the purpose of this board is to educate and learn. Educate AND learn. If you see something done wrong over and over again, it's a little difficult to not comment on it, no? It's frustrating when you're met with the same response every time you make a comment or a suggestion.

And rarely, if ever, am I the snide one. I have a lot of respect for everyone on this BB because I've "been there". I've been the backyard rider who was uneducated about proper horse care. I've ridden with ill-fitting tack. I've used poor riding methods. But I've also been able to listen to people here on HC and in "real life" to help change that and do things the right way.

It's not the posts that bother me. It's the bad attitude and rude remarks that all of us have to deal with when we offere suggestions or comments on her posts.

That, and also the fact that it depends on who said it. I thought I left high school behind 4 years ago when I graduated.

When people come here asking questions, we ASSUME that they want our input, not validation of what they have already DECIDED to do. Silly us for assuming they value our opinions.

To me, the purpose of this board is to educate and learn. Educate AND learn. If you see something done wrong over and over again, it's a little difficult to not comment on it, no? Not if you've already tried several times to point it out. It's frustrating when you're met with the same response every time you make a comment or a suggestion. Once again, just don't respond. If you think she's not going to change her ways??? then just don't worry about it, there's nothing you can do.

And rarely, if ever, am I the snide one. I have a lot of respect for everyone on this BB because I've "been there". I've been the backyard rider who was uneducated about proper horse care. I've ridden with ill-fitting tack. I've used poor riding methods. But I've also been able to listen to people here on HC and in "real life" to help change that and do things the right way.

I don't know about the rest of the time, I've never recalled you being snarky, but that first post on this thread??? Full of it.

my comments in bold