Sign in to follow this  
DianeH

Pasture Pics

Well, our weather has finally decided to turn around and it has in a big way! We hit 80 today, pretty good since we had snow 2 weeks ago [shocked]

My mare blew an abcess a little over 2 weeks ago, so that has kept us off the trails too. She's looking pretty good, so were gonna ride in a couple days.

Until then, I've entertained myself brushing and just hanging out with the horses and donkeys.

Of course I've been snapping pictures too!

Bandit, my nosey one!

IMG_5880-2.jpg

We feel GOOD!

IMG_5884-1.jpg

IMG_5856-1-1.jpg

Lucylou

IMG_5791.jpg

Lucy and her best side

IMG_5873-1.jpg

Edited by trails4me

Great pics! Your pasture looks better than mine. I wonder if we'll have grass (it's our first spring here).

Jess enjoying the front yard, where there IS grass.

033110027.jpg

My pasture today -

033110064.jpg

Well, my pasture isn't that good, but it's a pasture! I love your fence, very nice!

Looks like a beautiful area your living in!

We desparately need to fertilize, but it's so expensive and time consuming we put it off!

I sure hope to get my horses in the trailer Friday for a REAL RIDE!

Dang donkey kicked my arm today, didn't hurt my arm but when my arm flew backwards, somehow my back went out of whack [Crazy] I'm either getting slower or dumber, maybe both. I never get kicked!

Edited by trails4me

Great pics. I'm so happy you decided to keep Bandit. Such a pretty guy. And of course, so are the rest of your horses.

We are going to hit the trails tomorrow for the first time of the season since Wolf Creek opened up today. Got the trailer out last night to clean it up. I'm so excited. The horses were at the fence watching all night thinking they got to go somewhere yesterday. They are so eager to get turned out or at least get out of their dry lot. Every time I walk out to the grass pasture to see if it's dry enough where they won't tear it up, they come to the back fence to watch then tear around to the front gate like "do we get to go?????".

Great pics! My pasture is getting green and the herd is feeling good!

I love the head on Bandit pic, the 3rd one down. That one is frame worthy!

Hope your mare stays healthy, your arm is not sore, your back gets back in wack and yoy get to ride to your hearts content............soon!

Great pics. I'm so happy you decided to keep Bandit. Such a pretty guy. And of course, so are the rest of your horses.

We are going to hit the trails tomorrow for the first time of the season since Wolf Creek opened up today. Got the trailer out last night to clean it up. I'm so excited. The horses were at the fence watching all night thinking they got to go somewhere yesterday. They are so eager to get turned out or at least get out of their dry lot. Every time I walk out to the grass pasture to see if it's dry enough where they won't tear it up, they come to the back fence to watch then tear around to the front gate like "do we get to go?????".

Yes, I thank God quite often for stopping me from taking Bandit back! He was just so different on those first couple rides, he's such a good horse for colton.

We loaded up today (were all on vacation), and went to Keithsburg (the only park open). My horses kinda give that sigh like, oh crud, she's at it again and we have to go too!

It's so funny, they haven't been bridled or ridden since november, and they just plod right out like they rode for miles the day before. Bandit just did great too, a little nervous with someone behind him, but he's still learning to be a trail horse! We start 4H practice on the 8th and I wanted to get him on the trails before that!

Hope you get in a good ride too, think were riding around home tomorrow (save a little gas).

Great pics! My pasture is getting green and the herd is feeling good!

I love the head on Bandit pic, the 3rd one down. That one is frame worthy!

Hope your mare stays healthy, your arm is not sore, your back gets back in wack and yoy get to ride to your hearts content............soon!

Thanks [smiley Wavey] I've been trying to take better pictures, but I usually just practice on the horses! I think they're sick of seeing me with that big black thing in front of my face!

I wish I had a different setting when I took the shot of Bandit, I hate the swingset in the background. I'm more into "taking" a good shot, not the photoshop part of it! And, I haven't mastered the "taking" part yet either! [Crazy]

Lucy's foot did good today, my back is better, and I got to ride for about 4 hours, life isn't any better than that!

As usual GREAT pics! I love love love the one of Lucy. You have such a great eye for getting such lovely shots. Banditt is my fave I have to admit. What a great guy for Colton. *sigh* I want warm weather [surrender]

Good pictures of the horses Diane!

Looks liek you're getting green grass up that way too!

I've had to mow my yard a couple of times already.

Hey Trailhoss (if Icould spell your real name I would!!), how's things in the best part of Illinois?

were working on riding, got some groundwork to do with the little paint, so my son can hardly wait to get going!

We've been riding very little, but should be hitting it good real soon.

Hope all your critters are good and you too!

I love your pictures and I remember when you got Bandit! So glad he turned out okay. It just takes them a few days to settle in sometimes. He sure is a beauty. In disposition as well in looks.

Riding season is here! [Yay]

Thanks Meekie!!

Ya, he's turned out to be a great little horse. He needs a few groundwork lessons, but I've yet to see a "perfect" horse that didnt' need something!

I took a couple sunset pics last night, I love the silhoutte effect.

Bandit and Doc were my subjects.

IMG_6227-1-1.jpg

IMG_6329-1-1.jpg

The gate got it's turn too, it didn't even move [Crazy]

IMG_6277.jpg

IMG_6224-1.jpg

The neighbors clydsdale was watching me too!

IMG_6204.jpg

Are you going to the horsefair Meekie?

I'm going on Friday, if your there I'd love to say hi!

Hey Trailhoss (if Icould spell your real name I would!!), how's things in the best part of Illinois?

were working on riding, got some groundwork to do with the little paint, so my son can hardly wait to get going!

We've been riding very little, but should be hitting it good real soon.

Hope all your critters are good and you too!

We're all good here. Been busy. I haven't been camping or riding yet this year. VERY unlike me! The kids have been riding some. Michelle (daughter) and Robert camped and rode last weekend (Carol Hendrick's) ride and they went to Jack's (Jack Davis) ride this weekend. I've got my camper ready to go and was planning on camping next weekend ut I have nursery duty at church Sunday morning so if I do go I won't get to ride Sunday.

I guess there's always the next weekend..LOL If I keep puting it off spring is going to be over with!

Ooooooooh LOVE the new pics! Wow, the silhouette pics were great! You couldn't even tell mister Bandit was a paint lol! I love that Clyde...I just LOVE clydesdales and one day I want to own one. Your neighbors is a cutie. I love that face :)

Ooooooooh LOVE the new pics! Wow, the silhouette pics were great! You couldn't even tell mister Bandit was a paint lol! I love that Clyde...I just LOVE clydesdales and one day I want to own one. Your neighbors is a cutie. I love that face :)

Thanks Utah!

I love silhoutte pics, even more when my horses are in em! Bandit really needs a haircut though, he looks like a goat!

The Clyde is part clyde part QH, he's huge though! Super sweet, gentle giant. He comes up the pasture (it's across the highway from me) and watches my son get on the bus a couple days a week. He's a character for sure!

Love the silhouette pics. I might have to try that with my bunch! You are getting quite good lady!

Oh now THAT is a cross I would like even more than having a straight Clyde. A QH/Clyde cross....one day I will get me one. I think one would make the BEST hubby mount. He likes em big and strong. Sadly, little Smokey just doesn't fit the bill lol! I hear ya on the goat thing....my horses are SO shaggy adn I have just been too sick to get out and groom em like I should. I've been combating a sinus infection for 2 weeks :(

Love the silhouette pics. I might have to try that with my bunch! You are getting quite good lady!

Thanks! I'm trying! I start classes on 5/11. nothing fancy, just some detailed instruction on DSLR cameras. I figure if I want to learn how to take better pics, gotta learn how to use every setting!

I'm gonna take some photography classes after that.

Oh now THAT is a cross I would like even more than having a straight Clyde. A QH/Clyde cross....one day I will get me one. I think one would make the BEST hubby mount. He likes em big and strong. Sadly, little Smokey just doesn't fit the bill lol! I hear ya on the goat thing....my horses are SO shaggy adn I have just been too sick to get out and groom em like I should. I've been combating a sinus infection for 2 weeks :(

There is a place about an hour from us that raises them, he's also broke to drive and wow does he look handsome all hooked up!

He lives in a pasture with mini donkeys, mini brahma's, some odd type sheep, and some other petting zoo animals, it's sooo cute!