Sign in to follow this  
photoblast

Something Fun And A Little Different

I put together a short quiz and made it available for your entertainment...

The quiz is 20 questions on basic equine knowledge. It covers topics on horse health, safety, bits, gaits, and more...

If you would like to give it a shot, you can see it here:

Basic Equine Knowledge Quiz

If you take the quiz, let me know how you like it and maybe post your score... I got a 100% :grin: LOL

Edited by PhotoBlast

I shared the quiz with my wife...

I left the room but it wasn't long until I heard a VERY loud laugh when she saw that answer.

She also laughed at the answer about a horse with dyslexia.

Took the quiz. Missed a couple, but that's what I get for taking a quiz while watching the news. LOL

On the question about Paints and pintos, you have that BOTH parents must be Paints to register a horse as a Paint. That is not true. ONE must be registered Paint, the other must be either Paint, QH, or TB.

Other than that, I enjoyed the quiz. Including the few bits of lightheartedness.

Lol I didn't get the ones about the heart rate, or the respiratory rate, or the temperature. Got the rest of them though.

Thanks...

I hope you enjoyed it. I was amazed at how much I learned myself while creating the quiz. I want to put a few more together when I can.

I got an 85% I missed the snaffle bit one and the hay one.. LOL I just give as much hay as they can eat..

Not bad...

The pony size and the depth perception are 2 questions that there are different thoughts on throughout the horse world...

I'm glad you enjoyed it... :smilie:

I got 17/20 or 85%.

I missed the heart rate, temp(thought it was 102) and checking the girth/helmet. I did a DOH! after the last one lol.

17/20 = 85%

Missed depth perception, posting, and heart beats per minute.

I thought the Posting one was a bit of a trick question. One answer said "standing in the stirrups and then sitting again" and the correct answer of "shifting your weight forward"...I over thought it!! Figured that because the other one mentioned sitting again it had to be right even though you don't actually STAND in the stirrups, shifting your weight forward I sort of took as maybe two-point position...

I liked the info on the depth perception. I have never actually THOUGHT about it before, horsemen everywhere have said that horses have bad depth perception but I never investigated the claim...just took their word for it. However you're absolutely right, there is a TON of evidence out there that suggests horses actually have very good depth perception! MAN...you learn something new every day!!!!!!