LilCanChaser12

This Weekends Videos :)

Get the finish of the first and the entry to the second worked out and look out!!! LOL!!

lol thank you! I cant believe hes running half a second off Mesa Leavitt and Jr... and maddie monthcal and famous ed (aqha world champion multiple times as well as bfa world champ) and several other tough horses... and yes with room to improve. I cant wait to see him clock when we get all the kinks worked out :)

I think he is maybe starting to accelerate early out of 1...he looks like he is set up to run the turn well but maybe just hitting the gas pedal half a stride to early taking him out wide which puts you in a bad position to go the the 2nd.

I'd probably over finish and do a small circle to the left then as I head over to 2, I'd really work on having him slightly tipped nose left and rib cage arced to over emphasize the correct arc to it. The little circle usually helps them learn to keep thier hip in a stride or to longer....

Looks like you have a nice horse! The thing that I saw was also finishing that 1st barrel a little better. Also, in that second run where you knocked the 2nd, I used to do the same thing, take that outside rein and try to keep them off real quick, but that just causes them to drop that inside shoulder even more. What I would recommend doing, and it helped my gelding 110%, is to run straight at the 2nd when you come out of the first. It looks like your sweeping the barrel, and causing him to wanna drop into it early, anticipating that turn. Just run straight at it until your almost to it, then pick him up with your inside leg and rein and ask him to step over. It helped sooo much on my gelding!

Edited by isocks12