kidsncritters

Lookie What The Easter Bunny Brought.

The BEAST! I don't know if any of you remember last fall when I got a new to me LQ horse trailer. It is 28 ft long and sank my F350 87 gas single wheel truck. So after a long winter, the hubby agreed to start looking for something more suitable to pull it with. Got it on Sat! [Yay]

DSC08814.jpg

DSC08815.jpg

DSC08817.jpg

DSC08818.jpg

I think the BEAST will pull the trailer with no problem. Now I just need to be able to get the trailer out and go somewhere!!!! Here is the trailer. The weather better straighten up right now cause I can't wait very long! [Crazy]

Edited to fix a typo.

trailer002.jpg

Edited by kidsncritters

WooooooHooooo! That's some rig ya got there! The trailer does not look 20 years old - says alot about good consistent care. Gorgemous truck! Is that the King Ranch edition? You'll love having a big truck to tow with - I have the same truck but Chevy, to tow my 2 horse bumper pull, sometimes I forget it's there [Crazy]

Nice Truck! I've got the 06 version, love the power!!! My trailer isn't quite that big, but I sure like having a "truck" to pull my trailer!!

Hope you get out soon, hope your not getting the storms we are this week!

Holy Crap that's a nice rig~!!

Love them both. You probably could live in that LQ all year it's so big!!

Holy Crap that's a nice rig~!!

Love them both. You probably could live in that LQ all year it's so big!!

I told the Hubby it was my retirement home.

It is a Lariat LE- one step down from a King Ranch. Ya know when you buy used you just HAVE to take what you can find.

Trails- we are getting the rain, wind and hail. I just keep telling myself that April showers bring pretty May trail rides.

Yahoo! KIDS is in the hauling out to ride business now!! LOL Love your truck and trailer. You are going to have so much fun!!!!!

Where's Tim Allen when you need him to grunt? [ROTFL] You've got some Easter Bunny there my dear....best keep him our lil secret ;)

Very nice! I love my big trailer and love, love, love my truck to pull it with. We finally got our truck paid off, now for the trailer.

Wonderful easter bunny you got there!

We have that same truck too, except a 2001 model. Does yours have the 7.3 diesel too? That was a requirement for us since that is a good motor (or so I'm told). We thought it was a neat paint/decal scheme, but they aren't as Limited Edition (LE) as we thought it was. We've seen 3 of them just on our drive to & from work and another handful last year while traveling to parks for camping/riding.

My husband got it cheap cause they said the 4-wheel drive didn't work at all (it still locks in manually, so no big deal) and it had a hole in the back fender from previous owner hitting the pole at the bank driveup (already fixed for cost of paint). Only had 112K miles on it. I LOVE it for pulling the horse trailer. Our trailer is no where near as big as yours but I'm sure it will do the trick.

Edited by eeyore4176

We have that same truck too, except a 2001 model. Does yours have the 7.3 diesel too? That was a requirement for us since that is a good motor (or so I'm told). We thought it was a neat paint/decal scheme, but they aren't as Limited Edition (LE) as we thought it was. We've seen 3 of them just on our drive to & from work and another handful last year while traveling to parks for camping/riding.

My husband got it cheap cause they said the 4-wheel drive didn't work at all (it still locks in manually, so no big deal) and it had a hole in the back fender from previous owner hitting the pole at the bank driveup (already fixed for cost of paint). Only had 112K miles on it. I LOVE it for pulling the horse trailer. Our trailer is no where near as big as yours but I'm sure it will do the trick.

Yup I had to get the 7.3 diesel as well. We have a mechanic friend who told my husband if we didn't get that engine he wasn't working on our truck. He works for Ford so he works on their engines all day long. We got a really good deal as well. Everybody is jealous. It has a chip in it and an after factory cold air intake. It really is a beast. We have had the threat of hail and high winds the last 2 days so it is parked in the machine shed. It is killing me but I don't want it damaged quite yet. [ROTFL]

As long as it can pull and I don't run into trouble I am good. The bucket seats and how clean and well kept up it is was just a great bonus.

Congrats! You'll like your truck. I have one like it only it's an '01 model and it's red.

I bought it when it was 2 years old and I now have 164,000 miles on it... and plan on geting a lot more on it! It pulls my 4 horse, 41' LQ trailer great!

Better to have one of the older model F350's because the newer models have the new motor and they are giving people problems but these older models with the 7.3 in them are good trucks!

That truck looks like a truck my friend sold a couple years ago.. same color/paint job!

Congrats!

Guest cowpony01

Yup, alot to say for them7.3's! We have a '97 7.3 and it's a towing ***! I used it for years until husband got me a 2007 6.7 Dodge (the first year they came out) he got the Ford. Was weird for a bit, but I took the new one, couldn't say no too long to that! But I have to say that 6.7 is right there with the 7.3. Love both my diesels....

kidsncritters,

All I can say is Happy Trails to you, both with truck & trailer, & to the shows & those trails you want to hit. Best Wishes. PD