Nikki Livermore

Tomorrow (which Is Now Today) Is That Awful Day Of The Year

Nikki, my first year in MI, I had to file in TX, MI, and Mauritius. LOL It was a mess.

But it settles down.

You can change your withholding throughout the year. It might be wise of you to do the worksheet regarding withholding for this next year or talk to a CPA about it.

PS: You have a PM.

I had mine sent in back in January... then again I had to fill out financial aid stuff for school, so I had some motivation. [Crazy]

I didn't get a whole lot back, but at least I didn't have to pay.

I just sent mine out, I had done it back in March and could not find my 1099. I looked all over the house and the only thing I knew was that hubby had put it someplace for "safe keeping". Turns out safe keeping means putting it in the burn pile, I found it right before her was going to burn it! I owe nothing, but am not getting anything back either. We don't have a state tax in WA so I never have to file anything like that.

had mine done back in February. I don't look forward to trying to figure out what to do next year though...I need to figure out if I have to pay taxes on money I've made living/working outside of the US...

Ah yes, stupid taxes...... we did ours a few weeks ago. It's never money that we are counting on and usually isn't very much, thankfully we've never had to pay BUT this year I am ticked beyond belief.

I don't remember exactly when it was but last year sometime my hubby received a "stimulus" check from the VA. It wasn't much, $250. We didn't receive anything else about it, no W-2 or anything, it seriously was a letter one week telling us about it and a check the next. Remember when everyone got a stimulus check and you had to "claim" it well we go no such notices.

We have our taxes done and "Yea!!" we don't owe and instead we are getting back a decent return.

The very next morning our tax guy calls us and asks if Frank got a VA Stimulus chck... we said yes... and he says, "Sorry to tell you this but your return was kicked back becasue of it and your refund is going to be $250 less."

So tell me, how stupid was that and why did they even bother to send out the check??? I just love it....... NOT!

I always do mine the first week of February. I never worry about it.

I always get money back no matter what deductions we claim, because we have too many work expenses.

Awful day of the year?

My wedding anniversary?

Right now, I might be agreeing with you, but not sure why everyone else would find it so bad ...

Oh wait ... TAXES!

:happy0203:

I do ours as soon as I have all the paperwork and the refunds have been spent for a long time now!

We had ours done in January but it takes three more months to come up with the money~!!

Even if you file an extension, you still have to figure your taxes, and send them payment by 4/15.

No problem here. We got 1700 back from Federal and owed the state 100. Paid it long time ago.

Now, MAY 15, is the dreaded day! Real Estate Taxes are due! OUCH!

Hey -- hydra massage sounds good!

Awful day of the year?

My wedding anniversary?

Right now, I might be agreeing with you, but not sure why everyone else would find it so bad ...

LOL! Happy anniversary!

Even if you file an extension, you still have to figure your taxes, and send them payment by 4/15.
I don't think so. If I remember right from doing my mom's taxes (she owed money each year), you have to file an extension by 4/15 and get payment in by the extension date (October 15, for example).

I just got a letter today reminding me to do my 2008 taxes. I haven't forgotten -- I just can't find the ding-dang papers! [bang Head]

As soon as those are done, I'll whip out the 2009 taxes. Yes, I've filed extensions.

I filed mine in Feb I got a good chunk from the federal. I spent it all on stuff for Slinky and competition money. LOL I just sent in my state today and for the first time I am getting something back! I'm stoked.

Yeah,

we got $3800 back from returns, but found out our property is now worth only $90,000, and we owe $208,000 on the mortgage, so we are upside down on everything.

We don't get to add the two story barn, or the three stalls and turnout, nor the landscaping and all cause it is considered "constructive obsolesence". In other words, it is only worth something to someone who wants to have horses on the property. Very much like putting in a pool if all the homes in your neighborhood DON'T have pools.

GRRRRR.... I hate the tax man!

Awful day of the year?

My wedding anniversary?

So what are you and hubby doing today? Hmmmm???

So what are you and hubby doing today? Hmmmm???

He's working and won't be home until late ... and has NO clue it's our anniversary!

I'm playing on the computer, then going to town to put some books in the book store, fix a couple of computers and maybe *gasp* bring a horse out and saddle it up for the first time!

Oh, and we're getting a new turkey hen tonight! A neighbor is bringing her over to meet Big T! We be pimping out our turkey now!

So, yeah, lots of fun here! Together 23 years, married 10 ...

Yeah,

we got $3800 back from returns, but found out our property is now worth only $90,000, and we owe $208,000 on the mortgage, so we are upside down on everything.

We don't get to add the two story barn, or the three stalls and turnout, nor the landscaping and all cause it is considered "constructive obsolesence". In other words, it is only worth something to someone who wants to have horses on the property. Very much like putting in a pool if all the homes in your neighborhood DON'T have pools.

GRRRRR.... I hate the tax man!

This isn't a bad thing if you don't plan to sell in the next 5-10 years. It just means your property taxes are quite a bit lower than they would be if appraised at 208K.

I paid property taxes for the first time in my life. Luckily (or not) for me, my federal return was almost to the penny the same amount as the property taxes. So it's a wash for me.