Graphics_cowgirl

Bought Myself Some Skechers "shape Ups" ..

Ive had them for about 3 weeks and yesterday was the first day i wore them for more than a couple hours. I am starting to get used to them so i didn't go to bed totally sore last night and i feel pretty darned good this morning.

I can tell a difference in the backs of my thighs especially but not so much in my butt. Do i recommend them? Kinda. They are unhandy for me most days because i am in the graphics shop for a few hours, run out to the barn, back in, to town .. blah blah so i'm changing shoes a lot unless i just stay in my boots.

They are great for shopping or being in the shop though. There is a learning curve .. for the first few wears you feel very off balance. I thought i would be wearing them on the treadmill but i think that's kind of asking for trouble.

Overall i guess i like them.

Dr Oz had them on his show last night with a Fitness Expert"(of course) and they said there worthless!For tone'n the butt! But Dr Oz says he Operates in them!!and like's them,but really he has NO BUTT!(to work off) [ROTFL] so really...I think that's an endorsement right! He says there great if your on you feet like him. My daughter who's a waitress,and has ankle issues,was told by her Ortho. to get them,and this was a Duke Dr. So maybe there worth the buy? although they need to get the price down a little for me!! 100$ for the Sketchers is is a little much Dr Sholes are @75 but STILL! If your on you feet for 12 hrs, 100$ at the end of the day is "priceless" right? [bat Eyelashes]

There's several different varieties... At my store we carry the Reebok EasyTones.

I'm not a big fan of the way the skechers look. I don't like skechers in general (i'm a shoe snob, unfortunately) but the shapeups just look like a rocking chair bottom to me.

The Easytones (in my opinion) look better but I don't really know how well they work. They are pretty comfortable though!

I tried some on and did not buy. I KNOW I would have hurt myself and anyone nearby!

For the best in shoe comfort--I love, love, love my Keens.

I googled them... not the most fashion forward looking shoe, but those of you that have tried them, let me know if they work.

oooh, I think I like the reebok ones even better... been looking at getting some of these soon after kiddo gets here. I think the combo of those shoes + pregnant belly = me falling a lot. LOL.

oooh, I think I like the reebok ones even better... been looking at getting some of these soon after kiddo gets here. I think the combo of those shoes + pregnant belly = me falling a lot. LOL.

I would definitely NOT wear them pregnant. The point of the design is to keep you slightly off balance so that your muscles have to work to keep you upright. Your doing enough of that already when you've got a copilot!

They just look goofy to me. I would wear them more but i cant get used to the look. Now if you are standing in the same place for long periods of time they are super comfy. Kind of squishy like you are standing in sand.

I paid $109 on ebay which was a bit much IMHO. On the plus side .. Dano did comment on my legs last night. He swears he can tell the difference. I dunno ..

well there is a "learning curve" to walking on them I've herd but,yeah! I'd fall off too!! I can't even where those Platform shoes anymore or Wedges either! My ankles buckle even in FLATS! even a well placed rock will send me on my butt!! :ashamed0002: So I guess you better have good strong ankles :happy0203:

Edited by GlowingTrickPony