BuckinBrandy

The Bionic Oscar Mayer Weiner Thread

Ponies!!!

So the clinic was amazing. SO great to have a professional evaluate my horse. We did a couple bit swaps and she let me keep the one that ended up working to try for a while (her barn is like 10miles from my boyfriend's house). I have homework to do and in a month we're going to run the same jackpot so hopefully she has a second to watch us. Sometime between then and the MBRA season starting in mid March I'm going to haul to her place for a weekend of bootcamp.

Seriously - my horse went from having almost no flex to almost tipping the 1st with him nose. So happy. Plus I made great $ at the tack sale. (I have also entered this weird place where I have 1 horse and 1 saddle...strange)

Yay for ponies and clinics!!

Jet is such a trooper. We've worked in the rain and mud almost every day[he got today off and will likely get tomorrow off because my day is jam-packed, unless plans change, but he deserves a couple days off. He is getting fit/leaning up and looking good!

We get to run barrels in less than 14 days!!!! finally getting closer!

I rode a legit pony for the first time in 5 years today lol. Lady at my barn wants me to help put some miles on her new mare. Hopped on her and oh god... She was fun and a challenge but how some people train their horses baffles me. The previous owner would chase her into the canter so she is rushy and tippy and giraffe like. She also doesn't like straight lines lol she did well though. Once she knew I wouldn't have any of the nonsense she cut the silliness and tried to learn. Should be fun to hop on her a couple times a week and work with her. Definetly haven't ridden a good ol' pony stride in forever lol

Edited by Indestructible

hahaha aww ponies. I'm gonna go out and take pics of mine! puff has gotten alot better, but she used to be like that too. sometimes they feel like that becuase you're used to riding a horse and you feel kinda top heavy on ponies. alot of half halts and you'll have a little gem!! all the pony talk makes me wanna ride :( I can't even walk around on them really since last I checked it was icey, but it was warm this weekend... :)

I wanna ride my pony so bad. Ugh. Dang cold!! Hopefully I can make it home this weekend and hop on her for a little bit

That's a good point. She was a good little girl though and once she realized I wasn't one of her lesson kids nor a rider that would put up with her pony ways she was great and her owner was very happy haha. Def lots of half halts and i'll probably carry a whip to teach her when my I ask for canter, i want it now not after we tear down the long side at a speed trot. The main thing I adore about her is that i can sit her trot so comfortably. So i'll work on me as well as her. Indy's trot is so uncomfortable to sit but her its like riding a big puffy cloud. She's also super cute too lol

I LOVE MY WORKOUT PLAN. haha.

Seriously, though, couch to 5k is gonna be SO good for me. and my friend and I are doing it together, and our goal is to run bloomsday (a 12k in spokane in the beginning of may). This is gonna be so good...I've never had a good workout plan that started me from a zero-stamina point, which has always been my problem (especially when I was in cross country in high school, haha).

yay yay yay =]

2 1/2 weeks and I take my horse back to the trainer. I cant wait. Im so excited to see what she's like when he's done!

I lost 5 pounds somehow.. Yayyy Jet is 5 pounds faster!

Ponies got new blankets today(because I only had 1 water proof.) and all of them are happy about it.. but.. Jet is not happy. He's a rugged beast and he hates them. Lol.

No, it's not! haha But all of my money goes to them one way or another anyway.

and I can just picture Jet having his brand new blanket demolished when I get up in the morning. :/

speaking of the devil Cory, I think I'm doing a color me rad with my boyfriends mom! google it up.

OMG OMG OMG.

I love you for showing this to me. And there's one in Spokane! Omg!!

I really want to do a race like that! there's another one that's actually at a track I race my dirtbike at as well. I think it's a rugged maniac.

I wish I had more motivation to run. I'll run for a few weeks, then be like wow this sucks and makes everything hurt then not do it for a few months. my dad was a track and xc star in his and ran in races till he blew out his knee and couldn't run anymore. now he rides his bikes 50+ miles a day. obv.

Pretty sure I might have thrown my back out last night pulling Max's saddle off...it hurts. I'm getting old :-(.

One month until the first jackpot of the year though, and I am stoked!

I'm doing pretty well with my workouts/dieting. I'm down 5lbs and am still losing. :smilie: I've been running and doing some interval workouts that involve burpees and lunges, etc. So hoping to lose weight and tone up at the same time! hah So hopefully that works out! lol

I wish I could ride regularly...it's been so cold here and the ground conditions are so iffy becuase of snow that even when I do ride I can olnly do flat work I cant really do any pattern work. Also, it's dark when I go to work and dark when I leave work, so I'm unable to ride during the week. I would kill to have an indoor to ride in!!!

I really want to do a race like that! there's another one that's actually at a track I race my dirtbike at as well. I think it's a rugged maniac.

I wish I had more motivation to run. I'll run for a few weeks, then be like wow this sucks and makes everything hurt then not do it for a few months. my dad was a track and xc star in his and ran in races till he blew out his knee and couldn't run anymore. now he rides his bikes 50+ miles a day. obv.

What helps me get (and keep and USE haha) the motivation I need to run is (a) having a training plan that works for me and (B) having a goal. Since my friend and I are training for Bloomsday, I have a tangible goal to work towards and a sort of "reward" for all my hard work to look forward to. And I'm loving the Couch to 5K (/10K) plan because it actually keeps me from suffering...the workouts are challenging but not impossible, and I get sore but not miserable. To me, the right level of soreness is like a reminder that I'm doing something good for my body, rather than a punishment like it would be if I was MORE sore. Also, I need to remind myself to stretch afterwards cause that also helps keep the pain under control.

I'm really excited for all these races coming up. I think the first one we plan on going to is March 23, a 5k taking place about a week after our workout plan claims we will achieve 5k status haha. Sooooo....yay! excitement :)

I just looked over every week of the couch-to-10K workout plan. And I'm sure it's planned out by someone who knows what they're doing but it sounds very daunting from my current point of view. haha...

Still super excited and motivated, though. The plan says 3 workouts a week with a rest day after each workout, but I think two days on and one day off will work better for me...plus it'll squeeze the 14-week 10K plan into 9 weeks, giving us time to repeat workouts if necessary based on our personal ability, and train for the extra 2K.

Now I just need to figure out some supplemental workouts...I know it's best to do some cross training and strength and such, but I don't know much about what's good as far as what I can do without a gym or any equipment, and what workload is best to start out with and how much to increase, etc. Anyone have advice on this, or have examples of the workouts they do to supplement their running?

I'm so excited. I just bought "Born to Run," and I'm sooo excited to read it...my best friend loved it, and I've had my eye on it ever since I first heard of it.

Also, turns out there are potentially *5* color runs in my state (including color me rad) over the course of the spring and summer, plus some of those obstacle course runs that I think would also be the funnest thing ever. haha

One of these days I'll stop rambling about running. Just gotta let the initial excitement wear off. lol

I run and do bodyrock workouts, which are 12 minute interval workouts. Sometimes they'll use weights or something, but it's pretty easy to subsititute other things for the equipment they use. A lot of the workouts are all body weight though and they're pretty tough! They even have an app, which is usually what I use to find workouts otherwise I go to their facebook page. THey're doing a 30 day challenge right now, so I've been following along with that...

I think i'm the only one here who can't physically run lol. My knees hate me when I run on pavement. I can do a treadmill just fine but pavement? noooo. I basically get my work out from 20 minute walks 5 days a week. Riding 3-4 times a week, lots of two point, sitting trot and riding in general. Plus hauling standards and poles across un even dirt is a pretty good workout in itself lol those stupid solid wood standards are heavy and two poles at a time across the arena is a good workout.

Right now I'm alternating my workouts. One day I do an Insanity workout, the next I run 2-4 miles and do Ab Ripper X. In February, I am going to start Insanity full time along with Ab Ripper, some pop pilates, running and of course riding. I just love the intensity of the Insanity workout and since I really started that workout program, I don't have back problems/pain from riding any more an I just feel like its made me a lot stronger and a better rider.