BuckinBrandy

The Bionic Oscar Mayer Weiner Thread

Krystal, hugs :huggy: So sorry<3. I'll agree about not having a good week.

And thanks everyone. I think the thoughts and prayers are working, got some good news last night. Keeping positive.

I am so excite. Autocross is coming back to Ellensburg this June and I can't wait! It was so fun last year and my goal is to save up for and find an autocross car before this year's event so I can drive in it. Ideally I'll find something small and quick with fantastic gas mileage so I'll have an autocross car that can double as something to drive when I'm going out of town or otherwise want to improve upon my jeep's 20ish mpg.

I really want to autocross too! It looks like so much fun and my car would probably be decent,,,I'm just afraid of looking like a fool haha.

Pshhhh never fear! If anyone's gonna look like a fool, it's me. And really, in my (albeit limited) experience, the people at autocross events are super friendly and are just there to have fun, so nobody's gonna care if you look like a fool. have you ever been to an event? Have you ridden along? If not I highly recommend it - they usually allow passengers and it's a great way to have fun while gaining at least some sort of knowledge about the sport - I'd have never dared to drive a course for the first time if I hadn't already gotten a million rides to kind of get an idea of how it works.

I was considering buying my friend's miata that I recently found out he was selling, cause miatas are really great at autocross, but I decided I want something a little different - and I'm pretty sure I'm set on a nissan 300zx, or maybe a 240z/260z/280z. The're so cute, and I love the t-tops, and when J drove his brother's 300zx at the autocross event here in town it did FANTASTICALLY and the announcer declared it his favorite car there. So I'm pretty much in love, and I've been window shopping for one within my budget even though my budget for it won't be there for another month or two.

I'm still on the hunt for a new dirt bike lol. My little 80 was too snappy to learn on. On the track it was great but trail..no lol

I almost bought a 4 stroke last weekend but it was in real rough shape... carol ann, have you ever ridden a drz? or a ttr?

dude crf150f... end of story. I've ridden drz125s and TTR125s and they feel very fragile compared to the CRF. and the newer models have electric start which is nice. oh and the crf230 is very similar to it and also has e start.

why must I be broke.... I want a barrel saddle. Got my eye on a couple but I dont know if i can stretch my budget enough or if I should sell the saddle i have if i get a different one.

Oh trust me, if a honda was in the budget it would be honda all the way! I want a crf 250 when i'm comfortable on a bike but until then I need something cheaper that i can cart wheel down a mountain or hill on the track and won't feel to bad haha. I've heard that 125's just aren't worth it though, lots of people i know have bought a ttr 125 and wanted to upgrade after one ride because they were gutless.

Nope, I've actually never been to an autocross event so riding along with someone first is probably a good idea. I have an RX8...just stock but I think it would do pretty good. I love NIssans though. I 300zx would be awesome. A friend of mine just bought a 240sx and I love it. He says he's gonna teach me to drift in it....haha I can only imagine how that would end up.

My husband is a Nissan guy all the way. He drifts as well. He current drift car is a 240, and his previous one was a 240 as well.

Sx or z? I am so in love with the z cars, but the older ones are harder to come by - especially in my price range. And then if you need parts for them, good luck. But there are a number of 300s in my area that will be in my price range in a month or two, so hopefully there still will be then, when i can actually afford it. (I need to stop window shopping and wait, cause otherwise I'm going to find one and fall in love with it and it'll get sold before i have the money...)

I like NASCAR. Though accident last night makes me a bit nervous for our racing. First race (don't know if were going) is March 30th. First races at all tracks is first weekend in May. Fast approaching!

I remember when i was little and i saw a crash like that with a sprint car at our local track. so scary. however we ride horses right? we all know the dangers in that. every sport has it's ups and downs. i miss our track :( i spent sooo much of my child hood there

image.jpg

this is the Arab I rode the other day:) her name is tasia. she's a good girl. and sadly, one of the biggest horses I've ever ridden HAHA. I wish the picture came out better. :(

Edited by paintpony1

Sx or z? I am so in love with the z cars, but the older ones are harder to come by - especially in my price range. And then if you need parts for them, good luck. But there are a number of 300s in my area that will be in my price range in a month or two, so hopefully there still will be then, when i can actually afford it. (I need to stop window shopping and wait, cause otherwise I'm going to find one and fall in love with it and it'll get sold before i have the money...)

It's an SX.

47827_10152571362345244_1286729477_n.jpg

This is my 'free gym membership' Shea lol. I'm riding her for a friend since she wants her worked lots but can't always find the time. What's nice about her is, since she likes to baulk away from the wall randomly to avoid work, she requires a lot of leg and she is a comfy couch so i can sit everything and build up abs. Plus she's pretty cute and improves every ride. Though I need spurs and a dressage whip everytime lol

Ahhhh I love greys! hehe

I trimmed pony hooves yesterday...little devils. I really wanted to ride my girls, but the snow is kind of wet and slippery and the road is a freaking ice rink, so I'll have to wait. REALLY wish I had an indoor arena right about now...

Nervous...contemplating looking farther into actually moving west than I have before. It's a long shot, but it's a step. Nervous though, it's been a few years since I've made a big leap like this.

Sometimes it's a good thing to make a big change like that. I moved way down south to Florida(I'm from Wisconsin)three years ago. I didn't stay because of reasons but it was a great experience!

Where out west are you looking at moving too?

I'll just say if I do make the move Krystal and I will be hauling buddies for rodeos.

But I can't move, least I don't feel like I can for another few months yet, so they'd have to hold the position for me.

I'll just say if I do make the move Krystal and I will be hauling buddies for rodeos.

But I can't move, least I don't feel like I can for another few months yet, so they'd have to hold the position for me.

Would J go, too?

I'd love to adventure/move - but with the job the boy has (he could easily relocate) I'd be alone 95% of the time. So at least being here I have family.

I could move two hours from home and have a way better job, pay etc but I honestly don't think I ever could. I love my home town, and I have my family here and it's cheaper to live here plus I am not a big city kinda person lol. Maybe i'm a chicken when it comes to change but when I get out of college i'm more than likely going to job hunt here than go to bigger companies north of here.

I could move two hours from home and have a way better job, pay etc but I honestly don't think I ever could. I love my home town, and I have my family here and it's cheaper to live here plus I am not a big city kinda person lol. Maybe i'm a chicken when it comes to change but when I get out of college i'm more than likely going to job hunt here than go to bigger companies north of here.

Once you have more experience you might be able to find remote work too as a graphic designer...

Edited to add: Hubs and I have been talking about moving somewhere lately, but all of our family is local to where we live now, so it would be really hard. Realistically we would probably only go somewhere for a while and eventually come back, but who knows..

Edited by Amazona

Hubby and I are moving again probably Fall '14. Im excited but it will mean moving a day + drive from my family again (most likely) so Im not sure about that. I'm loving being closer to my family right now.

Once you have more experience you might be able to find remote work too as a graphic designer...

Edited to add: Hubs and I have been talking about moving somewhere lately, but all of our family is local to where we live now, so it would be really hard. Realistically we would probably only go somewhere for a while and eventually come back, but who knows..

Oh definitely. If I wanted to free lance I could do work all over the globe from the comfort of my own at home office(or in barn office is what I really want) but that will have to be taken into consideration a few years down the road. Right now I think getting experience here in town is the best choice.