BuckinBrandy

The Bionic Oscar Mayer Weiner Thread

Omg I woke up so achy with a sore throat/cough! Ugh I have a big meeting tomorrow that I NEED to go to. Also, I have mini hooves to trim. Ugh

Honestly, if I don't ride her "competively" again it's fine. Getting her going on the ground will be easy for me to handle. I hopped on her last fall and she was good - I just have the fear since she dumped me last time I actually rode (way back in 2010!).

Mine is at a trainer right now- she hasnt dumped me or anything but I havent really ridden in a few years and she needed her butt kicked. thats just me.

Well we're 1/3 of the way done with races for the week. Saturday night was interesting, enlightening. Brought home a tiny check that never should have been, but my competition wasn't much either. Have a plan for Thursday. Here's to hoping we can make a better run. So long as Thursday is better than last Saturday and next Saturday is better than Thursday. Progress.

Ugh, I hate giving presentations at school, they stress me out and i'm not comfortable with them at all(though i'm better now than in middle/high school). I'm in such a 'blah' mood now. I suppose it doesn't help that the boy kept waking me up because he sprained his ankle on the weekend and can't sleep much because of it so he squirms or wakes me up cause he needs something or i don't even know half the time. I treated him like a horse last night and put green cool all over his foot and ankle and that seemed to help cause it was way better in the morning and he fell asleep finally. It was also an early morning class today so I couldn't sleep in. Today is not my day.

Finally found some (kind of) local honey at the health store. Cant wait to start my experiment to find out if its gonna help with my allergies! I wanted to try this last year since I'm always just miserable during allergy season, but couldn't find any local honey. And hey, its a great excuse to eat a spoonful of honey each day!

Thank you.

It ended up being a perforated bowel. Impacted by a tumor...colon cancer. BUT it was caught so early that they feel it was barely a stage one. No chemo, no radiation, and they feel it hasn't spread anywhere. SO thankful. Waiting for pathology reports and such, they'll be in around Tuesday. He will be fine, even better than before maybe.

Thought are greatly appreciated. Thanks <333

That is so good to hear Kristen! Funny how somethings can really be a blessing in disguise.

Second jackpot over...mer. Well, we ran our personal best on poles. But they split the divisions funny. I felt we should have been higher than we were, but we did have a good pattern. Got a complement from a friend of J's who's family is quite well known in the area. It's good to know someone else sees the potential too.

We're not going to talk about barrels. Complete jockey error and I spent last night really beating myself up one side and down the other for it. Our expo was gorgeous, I wish I'd had J video that.

Tomorrow's the rodeo. I need to focus on just piloting a good run from him. I'm blessed to have such an easy going horse, now I just need to get my head out of my arse and ride.

We had a grease fire in my apartment last night. Terrifying.

Roommate is in the hospital with first, second, and possibly third degree burns on her hands and arms.

That's really scary, Still Raining!!! I hope she will be okay!!!

Does anyone else hate how much college costs? I'm trying to better myself and get back into school but it's so darn expensive!!! I applied for financial aid for this fall so hopefully I get it.

Still Raining-- how terrifying for you and your friend. Sending up prayers for you and your roommate.

Jumperoverwater, you can go to www.collegeboard.com and type in the school you're interested in to see all kinds of information-- including annual tuition.

Roomie came home tonight. She had surgery this morning to clean the burns and she has to keep her arms and hands wrapped all week. She has an appointment on Friday and we'll find out if she needs skin grafts then.

Different roommate and I have seriously irritated throats. We were in the smoke the longest (it completely filled out apartment, you could only see white) and we had to clean up all the fire extinguisher powder today.

We're all lucky, it could have been a lot worse.

I am so excite. Autocross is coming back to Ellensburg this June and I can't wait! It was so fun last year and my goal is to save up for and find an autocross car before this year's event so I can drive in it. Ideally I'll find something small and quick with fantastic gas mileage so I'll have an autocross car that can double as something to drive when I'm going out of town or otherwise want to improve upon my jeep's 20ish mpg.

My horse is such a trooper.

One of my 4-H girls is the Little Britches rodeo queen and asked me Friday night if she could borrow Max for the grand entry Friday night. As she was heading into the warm up pen she informed me she'd be carrying a flag...except to my knowledge he'd never done any such thing. He was excellent. I have no idea of what his horse has and hasn't done, but he ended up carrying a flag in 3 of 4 Grand Entries over the weekend, worked in the warmup pen with the rough stock (think 10 horses and riders working a circle plus another 10 to 15 saddle broncs mingled in the group and 6 or so bulls just chilling in the corner of the pen watching us...)

I went into my run on Saturday with the mindset of just having a good clean run. We ran our personal best and probably could have been faster but I missed grabbing my whip the first time I went to it coming home. We're going to switch up bits again per the guidance of the woman I worked that clinic with, to try and get him rolling back better. Also going to try and get down to her place for a lesson or two soon. The state association jackpots start in a month. I'm ready to just haul and run and season him so hopefully when we move he'll be something competitive at jackpots.

Well, I was going to post video, but photobucket isn't cooperating right now...

Wow I hope your roomie is ok!

Can't wait to see the video, Mars!

I've been waiting on my coggins for almost 3 weeks.. So I called the vet and he sent them to the wrong address and they sent them back, but he didn't bother to call and get the correct one? Oooook. Thanks a lot for making me miss 2 weekends of barrel racing.

Photobucket still sucks so I put them on Facebook. Should be fixed now.

Poles at the jackpot

Barrels at the rodeo

Grand Entry for giggles

Edited by MarsCandyBar

hmmmm it says the content is currently unavailable...

Annnnnnd I'm the only one in the office today. It's so quiet! haha We're supposed to have Presidents Day off, but one of our clients (that I work with) does not have today off, so I got stuck working.

Edited by Amazona