BuckinBrandy

The Bionic Oscar Mayer Weiner Thread

Emergency Services Dispatcher! It's been so bizarre to actually apply to a job like that cause it's a REAL job...I'm gonna be a real person in the real world and I don't know how I feel about that. Am I ready to be a big girl? lol.

(i mean, of course, i am, but still. nerve racking!)

For which company?? How long ago did you apply? I have a great friend from an old job, call center, who has been in process with one of those places for over a year and they're still not ready to hire her. I wanna say it's Lacey (not the city) or Loreli or some other such girly name.

Oh and good luck!

I'm just a little curious why you are calling that a "real" job compared to what you WERE doing? You currently work at a hotel right?

I'm not being mean or anything I'm just always surprised when people say "real" job compared to what they are currently doing. I believe any job that you pay taxes toward and work your butt of is a real job.

Good Luck though!

this. last night at work, (I work retail) I said to a girl I work with, lets go apply to Carter's! which is a new clothing store opening in the area. and she goes oh no, I need a REAL job. ...ok? haha. I will probably work retail for the rest of my life.

When I say real job I just mean the type of job that has a benefits package, salary instead of hourly, etc. Im not putting down the other jobs or anything - heck, i almost feel to young to be going into a job like this.

Missxzuri - its the call center for Kittitas County. The hiring process started on January 25, and i should have an answe in a week or two. A year seems really ridiculous. I hardly had enough patience to wait this long, let alone a year.

And thanks for the good luck wishes, you guys! Kristen, i agree that it should be pretty enjoyable, and since i never read or watch the news it will be nice to know whats goin on around town haha.

Im super excited...Ill keep you guys updated!

I am really missing rodeo tonight. I guess it's because all of my horses worked the pattern so well today[finally dried up enough to disc my arena and get to work!]

I have a barrel race next weekend...but....barrel races just don't compare.

ETA- I am truly blessed and thankful that I CAN barrel race and that I do get to enter up and go a little bit...it's just not the same!

Edited by sugarbabe.

I personally consider a 'real job' one that is more your ideal career path. Just a 'get me by' job could be things where you know you won't stay there forever but it will pay the bills and give you experience till you go off and get your 'real job' where ever that may be.

So the Ed Wright clinic was yesterday and it was... an EXPERIENCE.

My fire breathing dragon 19 year old seasoned veteran BUCKED ME OFF in front of everyone. And I did a belly flop right into the dirt that I am really paying for today. I also have a lovely bruise from slamming into the saddle horn repeatedly! LMAO

OMG Fancy was a pain. But I think we really came away from the class with some good knowledge. I have never rode so far "up" on my horse and he has some interesting concepts. It was good to just get out and spend all day learning about barrel racing, even if I was that "person" that fell face first into the dirt. :rotf:

Edited to add* I also had my bit upside down backwards and twisted. As well as my curb chain in the wrong holes. I did not have a CLUE and my bit isnt even complicated!!!

Edited by BornConfused

Aaah yes what Stevie said! I couldn't figure out how to express that, but that's definitely how I feel.

On another note, J and I have decided we want a wolf-dog. It is going to be fantastic. Unfortunately, they're hard to find in our area, and they tend to be quite expensive.

Do It Do It Do It! Lol

Apparently someone pretty far up the corporate chain has take a notice of me and is working to find me something out that way.

^^^I dont *really* have friends either.

I have my work friends. I have my family.

I have acquaintances.

I do not really have friends. It stinks.

I have my work friends. I have my family.

I have acquaintances.

I do not really have friends. It stinks.

I like to think I'm not antisocial, as I do get along with everyone. But the SO laughs at me because I don't "hang out" with anyone. He's right, I have no friends.

haha I have no friends either. same boat. work friends, kinda. but it's drama ridden. I have friends from the car thing, but again, drama. my boyfriends family is great company. at the Ed of the day Ed is my best friend.

I dont really have friends either. best friend i had in town moved away. my female bestie is in college about 45 minutes from me but i dont get to see her that much. My hubby is pretty much my best and only friend.

I have no friends either lol. I have tons of camping friends and the boy's friends are my friends but we don't hang out one on one. I have about three that i 'hang out' with. I have a horse, amazing family, a few close friends and my boyfriend. All i really need after all.

Yeah I have two girlfriends from high school that I hang out with occasionally, but not like every week or anything... Then of course I'm friends with all of Alex's friends and we hang out almost every weekend and one of the guys has a fianc? who I like, but we never hang out just us two...

I also have a few girlfriends at work, but we never really hang out outside of work...

Alex is my best friend, so I spend a lot of my time with him!

The only legit friends I have within an hour radius are boys. My girls in this area have kids, husbands, & are too busy. I feel like we've grown apart because we are in such opposite stages in life.. My very best friends are scattered between central Arkansas & Miami, FL(she just moved there last week!) so it kinda sucks... But hanging with the boys isn't all that bad.

Edited by sugarbabe.

I have a couple pretty good girlfriends, def people I could call in the middle of the night if I had a problem, but we don't hang out all the time.

In other news, stress might kill me. This morning when I left J's and less than a mile down the road my check engine light came on, I probably should have just turned around, called in to work, and cuddled back up in bed with him, because the day did NOT get any better. My pony worked good though.

A cat rescue and a very amazing couples house burned down here last night :( not all the cats made it out and the couple lost everything. It's really terrible. What's more terrible is, this is probably the sixth house fire this year. Most of the fires have been arson too. Not to mention the two grass fires we had in the same day. Ugh

I don't really have "friends" either. I hang out with a bunch of girls since I'm in cosmetology school..but we mostly only hang out at school. Other than that I'm with my family or my boyfriend's family. Most of the time, my best friendship is the one with my bed. I normally go to bed by 8 (which is another reason why I don't hang out with anyone, haha)

So a couple of years ago I was invited, along with the guy I was with at the time, to a Viennese ball. We learned how to dance, went to the ball, and had a freakin BLAST.

A couple of weeks ago my mom mentioned that she ran into the couple who had invited us (they are members of the Seattle Austria Club, which is the organization that puts on the ball). She says they talked about me and she told them I was still dancing and loving it and she said the guy said maybe they'd invite me to another.

And now that I'm thinking about it I REALLY WANT TO GO. It was a TON of fun and I REALLY want to do it again. But I haven't heard from them yet. Last time they invited us sometime during February. The ball is in April, so it's not like it's too late for them to invite us, but I still worry that they wanted to but either forgot or don't know how to get ahold of me (they knew me through my ex-boyfriend, so last time they were communicating through him). So I'm tempted to seek them out and see what happens. Idk though. My mom will be here this weekend though, so I'll ask her about it, and pry for details about how sure he sounded when he said maybe he should invite me again.

I think it would be really fun, and I really hope J is down if we do get invited. I know he'd be at least a little skeptical cause he's not a dancer, but I think the lure of the AMAZING food they serve will definitely help, and I think since I so desperately want to go he'll definitely cave. I can teach him a few things about waltz and foxtrot, go back to Ed and Mary (host couple) for a refresher on Viennese waltz and polka, and tell him that we can drive separately so if he is having an absolutely terrible time we can leave early.

gah i want so badly to go again. It was such an amazing time. and if i get this job i'm so close to having the offer on, i'll be able to afford a legit dress. (last year i borrowed a friend's prom dress that only kind of fit and only kind of fit in.)

I say you go for it and seek them out! We have to be our own advocates... Also, people get busy and stuff slips their mind, so maybe they meant to call you but never got around to it. The worst they say is no.

So since I start April 3rd, my last night at super 8 will be march 27, and then I'll take about a week off- and that weekend Jeremiah and I are going to go on the weekend trip I got him for Christmas.

And I'm currently very angry with Livingsocial because they oversold the deal so the hotel we were SUPPOSED to stay at has no rooms left for the deal from now til it expires. And so I called them for a refund and theyre being dumb and idk if theyre even gonna give me my money back. So I spent all day trying to find a different place to stay. I finally picked a cute little inn in gearhart, and im really excited. Also, since our anniversary is coming up on the 13th, im thinking about getting him a massage, and i was gonna have it be during the trip at the hotel's spa but since the place we are going to end up staying itll probably end up being just here at home.

Ramble ramble ramble.

I had a bad day at the barrel race.

Well, it could've been a lot worse. Jet tried his heart out and we barely bumped a barrel so I honestly can't complain abor him.. But I'm disappointed in Hurricane. I really hope today was an off day.

We've got plenty of work to do this week. Onto the next one!

I'm starting to write up my big girl job resume. I'm kinda scared. Anyone have any tips for resume writing? I haven't had the greatest of luck landing jobs or interviews with my last few attempts at my resume.

I am so excited, my search for an autocross might already be over!

J's friend has a '76 Triumph Spitfire that they've been giving back and forth to each other cause neither has ever felt like putting it back together. J thought of it yesterday and asked the friend about it, and I'm pretty sure it's gonna be our project - we'll fix it up, put some racing parts on it, and see how it does! It should be a fun little car to race, he said it's not the most powerful thing but we can build it so it's better and it's just a tiny little thing which is good for racing. (I'm not sure if I'll even fit in it with the top up!) I'm pretty excited. it should be a fun project - and a major learning experience for me, which will be great.

Assuming this all works out, I need to grab a "before" pic or two of it in the state it's in now...you guys will laugh. haha...

Edited by mygoldfish

Stevie- you could email me your r?sum? if you want and I can help you out. I work for a recruiting/staffing agency, so I pretty much critique and edit resumes to send over to hiring managers all day every day. Lol