BuckinBrandy

The Bionic Oscar Mayer Weiner Thread

Me? Getting bucked off in a walk-trot class at our fair (2010) in front of a crap load of people. That's enough to put a damper on everything I used to love.

It's nice to know I'm not alone! I used to jump on bareback and canter laps around the arena and go over jumps. I also used to go out on the trails and gallop laps. Now, I'm nervous to even canter a couple laps around the arena. :( I hate it.

On another note, I bought my first trailer today! I'm sooo excited. :jump:

I am in truck love.

2013 Dodge Ram. Drools.

It is $10k more than I planned on spending... And brand new, which was not the original plan!

But all forces are kinda pushing me towards this vehicle.

Nice to know Im not the only one that isnt super confident! I just got my pony back from the trainer and I feel like I have to learn how to ride all over again. She's amazing now (feels like a sportscar!) but now I feel like I dont know how to ride anymore.

My confidence has been in the works of building back up. I used to be scared to canter Indy after his latest issues but my friend helped me through that so that I can now jump again. Still scared to point him at anything higher than 3'3 at this point but hopefully with work I'll get back. Still 100% scared of trail riding though..

I stopped riding for a while and thats when my confidence took a hit. I used to jump courses no problem and now I'm so scared of jumping but my sisters make me jump lmao. I bought dressage letters for my ring and I'll pick up a few of those USDF books and give dressage a go on my welsh.

I love trail riding, but none of my horses right now go out. I used to go on great rides with Cappy. hopefully when my parents retire to South Carolina ill have a little trail pony.

I am ALWAYS afraid to get on.

I am also afraid to lope.

But I just do both of those things anyways. Because there is really no avoiding them lol.

:jump: finally got my tax return. Paid off my tuition that my loans didn't cover, paid down my credit card, and my new iphone (and wood case!) is on its way! aaaaah so excite.

Holy cory, you must have gotten a lot back! lol

I'm done school in three weeks, i'm officially on the hunt for a job, i'm also officially freaking out. I'm a mix of super stoked and scared. These days are flying by.

My city also had yet another fire this morning. One of Boston Pizzas burned to the ground, we're having far to many fires lately, it's getting so suspicious.

I did - I was pretty excited when I found out how much my refund was...and then I was very impatient as I waited a full month for it to get here...haha. I'm just glad I was able to get my tuition paid off - I wasn't sure how I was going to cover it til I found how much my refund was.

Have had a trainer out to help me with groundwork on max...wow! What a difference and I'm loving it.

I also love when you're stressed out and God does little things to remind you who to trust...like I forgot to put a reservation in the mail today for a tack sale table on the 30th that is due the 23rd...then I found out the barrel race I wasn't able to make last weekend was cancelled and rescheduled for the 30th.

Here's to hoping Mother Nature straightens up her act so I can get to hauling!!!

I have about three weeks left of college. I'm applying for a job at a Toyota dealership here. I'm panicing. What's making me panic is that grades are once again not up, and the grades that are up show the entire class as failing. Why? because our instructor isn't looking at the assignments he's just picking random grades(these are four journal entries). We didn't get any information on what he wanted to see and he won't tell us either. What he has told us, we have done so he is clearly not reading the assignments. Specifically because we don't even get feed back on ANYTHING. ergh :(

The best feeling in the world might be having your horse's old owner randomly show up to check out your boarding barn and be SHOCKED at how good the horse she gave up on looks now.

Coincidentally it was also workout plan of the night to set up the barrels, ride in his "big bit" and work the pattern a little...hehe, he was a SUPERSTAR and I think she left a little sad she passed him up...

The plan is to go to a jackpot on Saturday and I can't wait, stoked to run this horse again, 5 weeks between runs is WAY too long! I get to run Easter weekend too!

Barrel race was freeeeezing!

But our poles pattern was PRETTY. Not our fastest, but just a textbook pretty pattern. He finally sat down and rolled back both ends, so happy.

Both our barrel runs were nice and significantly faster than previous runs. Ill have videos on Facebook at some point.

Edited by MarsCandyBar

I just spent about 3-4 hours filming and editing a video resume for a job at a local Toyota dealership. I reaaaalllly want this job, even if it is only for a year.(filling in for maternity leave).

I am terrible at interior decorating. And gardening.

I also have zero motivation to do either of these things because I live in a rent house. And it is tough to get stylish when I have 1970's flower wallpaper in every room.

BUT it looks like I will be living here for the foreseeable future. So I am trying. Does anyone else have this problem? lol

I think etsy is my new best friend.

Sigh. Why did the people that were close and would have let me board my horse for free have to have awful awful fencing, wood laying everywhere,and a creepy neighbor that hit on me?

That said, im very happy with where my pony is right now. The people are super nice, they check on her often ( ^^^ other ppl barely checked on their own), controlled amount of hay, respectful of my privacy, someone to ride with other than all over the freakin countryside on weekends, and they actually take care of their fence/property! I wish it was closer (35-ish minutes) but I am okay with that knowing she is safe and will be well cared for when Im not there. Which for awhile, I wont be able to get there very often. But I rode her for the first time at the new place today, and she did great, and it was awesome to ride her again. I just have to work on the new "buttons" the trainer installed and getting my confidence back. Cant wait til the snow melts and I can explore!

Anndddd I applied for a new job, and will keep applying. I need a change. Current gig is driving me crazy even though I like all my coworkers.

Edited by PrairieHeart

This past week was a killer. I was so busy that I didn't know if I was coming or going, exhausted, stressed out about stupid little things that shouldn't even matter.

Then yesterday Mom & I were shopping for Easter dresses and my phone rang. It was my brother. My strong, fearless brother was scared to death. He was home alone, hail was pounding the house...a tornado was coming..and by the grace of God it passed over our house and my brother was okay. Stripped leaves off of trees/blooms off of flowers, moved [heavy!!] things around,etc...but miraculously didn't damage anything major. we were so very blessed.

Kerosene must have spooked when the HUGE dog house we had for our great dane blew up against the pasture fence, and he ran over a fence post and tore down the electric fence seperating them from Hurricane. I peaked at them when we got home and they looked fine, but this morning Jet Gem and Kerosene were in his pen, and Hurricane was in theirs. Kerosene had a very swollen front leg with a small but deep cut on it...It needed a stitch but by the time I found him, it was too late for stitches so he's on stall rest and I'm doctoring on him and trying to get the swelling out. He's not really lame on it, thank God, so hopefully he'll be okay. It could have been so much worse. God is so good.

I'm currently working on starting up classes again. Unfortunately before I can sign up for classes I have to take a College Placement Test in math. I was looking at practice CPT tests and realizing it has been wwaayy too long since I took math, I don't remember ANYTHING.

Me and math have always been enemies. Thank god the career path I chose only requires a little math that can be easily done on a calculator lol. All the tudors in the world couldn't teach me math.

GOT AN INTERVIEW! Please pray/cross your fingers for me :) I have my interview tomorrow. SO scared lol it's with both the lady i'm replacing and the general manager that I would report to. Any suggestions on how to ace this interview? I haven't had one in at least three years haha and never had one for an actual career field, legit job.

Have you researched the company? That couls.help. Also, just be yourself. Dont try to be someone you arent! Good Luck! Im sure theyll love you and youll ace the interview.

Yes definitely research the company! It will help you come up with some questions to ask. I would look up some common interview questions and think of examples in your past experience. Hiring managers love to hear relevant experience such as, "tell me about a time when you had to work as a team and how you fit in with the team as well as any issues that may have popped up". Then use a past, real world experience such as from school or a past job. Also, try to expand on your past experience and try to always bring it back to how the experience will help you in the new role.

Hope that helps. :)

I know the company quite well, for the most part. I think it really helps that 1) I have college experience 2) My practicum is marketing 3) I love cars lol

Those are the questions i hate, the "think back to this experience, and tell me how you handled it" or "this happens while you're on the job, what do you do?" they can be so hard to answer, i had an interview like that for american eagle years back.

Thanks! this is helpful, i've been snooping on their site, and social media stuff for the past few days so hopefully i do good tomorrow.

Yeah I would look up some questions and then think of some answers and then write them down and go through them a couple of time so you don't have to think off the top of your head in the interview. If you have pre-thought out answers it can help eliminate the "ums" and "likes" too!

^Just don't sound too scripted! haha, make it sound comfortable, not forced but not like you rehearsed the whole interview.

Really though in all my interview experience it's best to just be yourself, focus on what you're good at. and put a positive spin on everything.

smile, be friendly, and confident. offer to shake their hand, don't wait for them to come to you (and other little things like that) think pro-active instead of re-active. :)