BuckinBrandy

The Bionic Oscar Mayer Weiner Thread

jackie fingers crossed! I hope things will go smoothly for you and you can get the house!

annddd Im sick again. ugh. went to work yesterday feeling "not that bad" and finally checked my temp to find out it was 102! Got permission to leave early and now feel a bit better. I dont know whats going on that id have that much of a fever, but when I cough it makes my ribs hurt. Ugh.

What!!? Married next month?! You guys eloping?

Carol Ann, I saw the videos. He does look so smooth!

Sickness is going around. We've had everything come in this week. But most all had fevers associated with it. Feel better!

yeah jackie i was thinking you were getting hitched in june? did you decide to elope?!

thanks kristen! finally got rid of my fever so im better, just have to get rid of the sniffles and such.

Yeah we are most likely going to elope. Probably go to Gatlinburg.. his brother and his fiancee have copied every little thing we had planned, including the person who was going to marry us, cake person and the photographer, and I am just really over it.

Edited by redrunnincowgirl

So I got this new job, pays great, they worked with me on hours. but now Im kicking myself because I dont know what I was thinking taking it in the first place and I feel like I should just find something else. I havent done the drug test yet or signed anything. What do I do?

Been there. Just recently. I second guessed myself because the extra $1.00 an hour wasn't really worth losing my flexibility at my current place (and 15 minute drive to work). Mine ended up falling through, a blessing in disguise.

Carol Ann - please post here and update from that Facebook picture! You okay?

Ditto to- what's the reason for not wanting it anymore?

I find people jobs for a living, so I have to say that it is realllllllllllllly annoying and a waste of time when candidates back out after all of the negotiating, etc.

Its the same type of job im doing now, which isnt bad but it isnt something I wanted to keep doing. I took the job becuase of the money and the security of having one whenever i get moved. but i'd rather be doing something else and not dread going to work.

Yes please Carol Ann, I saw on Facebook and I hurt for you...

Barrel schedule is getting jacked around because of EHV. sigh.

hahaha yeeeeeah that sucked! I face planted really hard... kitchens are not good places for gymnastics. I got a root canal because the pulp was showing yesterday. wasn't too bad, hurt pretty bad like once... then she just bonded a new tooth. not really how I wanted to spend my weekend, or $182, or miss a day of work... hurt yesterday, feels fine today besides some pressure. I'm a little sad because honestly I miss my old tooth hahahaha. this one is completely different!!! I also have a sore nose, bruised eye, a zit on both of my cheeks, and black and blue knees. basically I look like a mess. and I still have a bit of a lisp. WHY?!

but thanks for thinking of me, guys! <3

Prarie Heart- I work at a job I hate! I understand not wanting to do that kind of work. I've been there for four years. I make a decent amount of money, and have insurance, which is keeping me from moving to a different job. I'm in school and am going to suck it up and ride it out till I'm done with school, when hopefully I can find a different job.

My word of advice, if you keep jumping from job to job, you are never going to settle in somewhere. You need stability. If this job has better pay and you can move from job to job when you move, I'd stick with it. You're going to school right? If you can stick it out while in school do that but if you aren't going to finish school, stick with this current job and try to find the perfect job which you actually like. Good Luck!

im pretty much done with school, just depends if i have to take another class or not. Going from something I dont like and then right back into it in another place (because Im moving) seems silly. It should be less stress because of how the facility is set up but not necessarily.

Amazona- you're a recruiter right? If someone were to apply for an Hr job, would a person with a HrM bachelors degree have a way bigger advantage than someone with a business admin minor hr one? The job market up in Nd is amazing but I don't want to short myself with a bus admin degree if it is going to really affect me job wise.

Edited by jbthatzme

I focus on IT/engineering roles, but I think it depends on your interests. If you know you want to be in HR then I would specialize in that if I were you. If you want to keep your options a little more open then get the business degree and minor in HR.

I LOVE my job.
Real Estate is awesome. It's a ton of work but it's freaking AMAZING to see all your hard work pay off - which it totally does!
(Btw - thanks to those on here who have helped me already! :) )

Plus, my second job is going to get better too.

I have been working at a hotel and it's been a HOT mess. The manager got fired a week after I was hired and it's just been ridiculous, with no signs of getting better because the Front Desk Manager is the one who should have been fired but the manager was fired before the manager could fire her. So she's still around and I don't want to have anything to do with that.

So I went out and got a job at the gardening store/nursery that is literally just around the corner from my house, and is also on the way to my office, and I think I'm going to love it because I love plants and gardens and flowers and veggies and it will be a great source of information and products for my first major gardening adventure, since I'm determined to grow my own veggies this year.

I think it's gonna be great. I get to put in my two weeks notice at the hotel now, and I can stop dreading going to my hourly job.

Which is another thing I love about real estate: I am EXCITED to go in to the office in the morning.

Life is good.

We go to the bank on Wednesday to see what they are willing to do with us on the house situation. Noah's boss made our appointment and is going with us because we are using the man that he does all their banking for their business with and he thinks he can help us. I guess he can't hurt, but that makes me even more nervous.

If our bank isn't willing to help us, then we are going to go through a realtor and have her help us figure out what to do. I'm really nervous and stressed out.. and when I have to sit down and talk to people about serious stuff, my eyes water really bad, so everyone thinks I'm crying..then I just get stressed out even more.

And to make matters even more stressful, there is someone else interested in the property so we need to figure out things ASAP.

Also, Thank you Corrie for all of your help! I know I've annoyed the daylights out of you!

Jackie, you haven't annoyed me at all! I love getting all your questions - it makes me feel helpful and it helps me exercise the knowledge I'm developing. :)

Good luck on the process. I'm glad we got you set up a Realtor sooner instead of later - hopefully the other person who's interested in the property doesn't complicate things too much for you guys.

I know it can be a stressful process, but try not to stress yourself out too much! Everything will work itself out. You're in good hands and I think the deal you're getting on the place is a strong bargaining chip with financial institutions. Good luck. :)

Yoga hates me. Im trying to do it or pilates 4-5 times a week. My lower back is throbbing...and I did legs yesterday. Frustrations! But in the end I feel accomplished.

Yoga hates me too, and I hate yoga right back!
I took a yoga class through my university last quarter and it was MISERABLE. I'm sorry, society, for not subscribing to this seemingly ubiquitous obsession, but I do not like being in pain for two hours straight. Also, I don't know why everybody's so obsessed with downward dog. It's probably because I'm suuuuper un-flexible, but I just...ugh. Downward dog is the worst. And the rest of yoga is the second worst. haha

That's one of the few poses I'm good at, lol. I switched and did a thigh toning exercise last night, but Im trying out the yoga to see if it helps my posture and increase my flexibility.

I'm thinking about rotating and riding my bike a couple days a week with the weather getting nicer. Tone my legs. We will see. I need to exercise, don't want to give up...again.

Yeah, I REALLY need to start exercising. I'm supposed to run a 13k race in about a month. And I haven't been running consistently since fall.

My new job is right around the corner from my house, though, so I'm gonna try to start riding my bike to work. We'll see.

I love to run, but lately I have also been walking Hercules 2-3 miles a day and focusing on strength training. Last week I started HIIT workouts in the morning. I am slowly working my way back into Insanity, I guess.. I really enjoy insanity..