BuckinBrandy

The Bionic Oscar Mayer Weiner Thread

I'm changing the U to an R. :) moar ponies!!!!

but honestly, I just bought the bike of my dreams, and my next purchase will be a 2 door gecko green hardtop wrangler.

Edited by paintpony1

I'm selling my sisters old show clothes for my mom, and I don't mind, and were making some extra money which is nice, but holy SMOKES I cannot keep all these jackets straight. I'm pretty sure I sold a jacket that a lady paid for last night, so now I need to tell her that I don't have it. but then I Re read the messages and maybe not, but she said she didn't want pink and this one has pink lining. so. confused.

I had this infection on my tongue since Friday, when I also thought I caught a common cold. Doctor wasn't in but on call gave me medication to treat thrush. Today I called and they wanted me to come in because it wasn't improving. Well, he feels I was having an allergic reaction. Since last Friday. A steroid shot, a mixture with two steroids, an antibiotic and benedryl (that I have to do four times a day) and I feel a million times better. I had a symptom of a runny nose and nasal congestion and its pretty much gone. We think it may be basil, but this wa by far my worst reaction. So glad to be feeling better in less than 12 hours of being treated, but dang!

Dropped Gem off this morning..hopefully all goes well and I'll pick her up late this week or next week.... Fingers crossed and praying that she'll have a Native baby on the ground next spring!

Anybody have recommendations for websites where I can find CHEAP work clothes? I'd love to find some business-appropriate dresses to wear to work this spring and summer, but I'm on just about the tightest budget ever.

Going to look at another house this weekend. Another foreclosure. Just hope its better than the last.

I found a site ModDeals that like everything is $10...a lot of good reviews, a few bad...but Im interested in checking them out more. Might be worth a try for work clothes.

My horse life is frustrating.

Can't sell the horse I want to sell.

Horse I truly want to run is retired.

My other horse I love to run ran through some panels and I think a vet trip is about to be in order.

Kerosene has been off for a year with injuries. Started riding him but he's still at least 30 days of work before he's ready

No fun

Try going to Goodwill for some clothes, I love that place. I never spend full price for clothes... why when there's so many deals? Ross, Bealls Outlet, and Marshalls are also good places to visit.

After seven years of being out of horses (not by choice) I finally brought home my hopeful forever horse a week ago today. He is a black 8 yo, 15.1 Appendix named Bandit and I am working on my way to loving him, lol! I spent the first week on the ground just getting to know one another. He definitely shows both sides of his breeding. He is not spooky, level headed like a QH but is also reactive and sensitive like a TB. He spent most of his life being run on barrels (not properly I may add) and thinks anytime a saddle is on him he has to RUN! I rode him for the first time today since I brought him home and he did very well, I had him walking calmly on the buckle both ways and halting fairly appropriately. He discovered quickly its easier to walk around than trot small circles. When I tried him out he was extremely forward, you had to shut him down when he even thought about going faster. He seems a lot calmer now and is willing to listen. Very happy with him so far!

The tough thing about bargain shopping for me is that I live in a small town - the only store you listed that we have is good will. :P And the selection at our good will store is typically pretty sparse - although I do occasionally find something good there; not usually work dresses though...usually I find my salsa dancing dresses there.

That's why I usually shop online. I just don't have the time (or gas money) these days to take the trip to a town with good/cheap clothes stores. I hate this town...haha

What about ebay?? You can find some great Brand name items on there for low prices!

And Atomic, I hope this horse is your forever horse! He sounds wonderful!!

Forever 21 has a bunch of stuff for cheap and their online store is FAR easier than the physical one lol or there is Wet Seal as well.

Indy turned 16 last month, he has had this weird muscle thing going on for a month as well. I'm not sure if it's another thing thats in his head to get out of work or if he is actually hurting. My gut says he is actually hurting since he will start out stiff/sore but ALWAYS works out of it and is happy to work. So I bought him some Recovery EQ supplement on the weekend and i'm going to start him on it tonight. Anyone ever have this happen to them?

He can walk on concrete fine, rocks are sensitive since he's barefoot which is understandable but we are always on dirt or grass when we work. He has been barefoot for over a year and both my trusted farriers say he has very strong hooves and can handle being without shoes. It doesn't matter what footing we're on (grass, inside dirt, outside dirt etc) at the walk you barely notice it but the trot it's bad. I've felt it, watched it and had others watch and it seems to be in his left front shoulder. After a few lengthen and shorten laps around the ring he works right out of it. I don't understand horses :(

Edited by Indestructible

I'm really excited! I beat both the goals I set for Bloomsday this year! (bloomsday is a 12k race - big event in Spokane.)

I ran for the first time last year and had a blast...this year's goals were to beat last year's time/hopefully avg under 9min/mile - which I did - and to not walk a single step, even on the horrible hill called "doomsday" - which I didn't! Yay!

I can't wait for next year. If I can do this well after only about a week of conditioning (like, I literally went out after months of no running and broke my personal record for 6 miles...apparently I'm meant for this type of thing) what would I be capable of if I actually applied myself?

I'm really hoping that by next year I can improve my pace enough to run a race that will qualify for second seeding.

I love being motivated. Hopefully it lasts for a while this time. haha

Anyone know where I can find a cute dress to wear to a wedding? Wedding is at 6pm.. Would prefer a long maxi and I don't want to spend over $100 if possible. I don't want anything too short because I'm tall..

I suck at picking out clothing for myself.

Wish me luck. I just applied for spring term financial aid. I really need to get approved because summer quarter is SUPER expensive and I'm behind because I had to take useless classes because of poor enrollment appointments. Also, if they award me more than I need (they usually include cost of housing, transportation, books, fees I don't have to pay, etc in the calculation of awards) then I'll get a refund check which will really help with the fact that I still haven't sold a house...

The appraisal for the house we're buying came back they way we had hoped, so now we just wait for June 10th/our closing day....I know it will go by fast, but right now it feels so far away! haha

We have now purchased a garden tractor that can both mow and take care of snow in the driveway, and now we purchased an old tractor with a bucket...I think we should be ready now. My husband thinks he needs a four wheeler, but I think that can definitely wait. haha So, he'll just have to stay entertained with the tractor for now.

That's so exciting! I'm so happy for y'all.

We are at a standstill in our house buying process. Noah has awesome credit, but not enough. I have really good credit and enough, but Noah makes the most money so we need him for a house. Our banker told us to get a secured credit card (we did) and told us how to use it, wait 45 days then we can get a loan. This is a longggg 45 days though!

Aw it's always frustrating when credit is good but not sufficient! Credit is complicated and weird, and it's annoying how even when you have good or great credit it's sometimes not enough. I'm sorry you have to wait so long - that would be excruciating!

I'm excited. I've been reading up on my university's "independent studies" course of study...it's like a build-your-own-degree program! I looked through the course catalog and found a BUNCH of courses that would totally be relevant to my Real Estate career...this came to mind because the Principles of Selling course that I'm currently taking has a ton of material that's relevant to what I do every day and it's been really nice to learn more about it. I even found out that there's a whole list of classes under the "housing and interiors" section of family and consumer sciences, all of which are relevant to my interests as a real estate agent. I'm going to meet with an advisor and hopefully be able to work out a program so I can basically get a degree in real estate. That would be really cool to be able to put on my business card because it's not common - most real estate agents that have a college degree just have a degree in some peripherally related subject, like marketing. Which is nice, but not as exciting as a degree in real estate!

I'm excited. I'm actually looking forward to my schooling now. Yay!

It's aggravating because we can't even find a place to rent at the moment but I don't mind not being able to get a house just yet. There is absolutely nothing on the market that fits what we are looking for right now. I'm just going go be patient as I can be, but I would really like to find a place to live by the end of summer. Having to live with my parents isn't awful, but I miss having my own place.

Typical vehicles..

My air flow sensor has been wonky for the past few weeks. So it would throw me codes a few times and it was always for the sensor. So I cleaned the sensor a few times and after the third I basically gave it one more chance not to throw codes at me or else I was going to replace the part. I cleaned my air filter the last time too so I would know if the sensor was for sure shot or if it was just getting dirty because my filter was gross. Cleaned both and had the code cleared ( the car shop I had clearing my codes probably thought I was nuts because I came there three times in one week lol and it was always the same guy working..oops). Well lo and behold I drive home and the lights come on again. I have a Corolla which is my first import i've ever had or worked with and the stupid thing not only gives me a check engine light but also both my traction lights come on. One flashes so it was really driving me nuts having these three orange lights on my dash. So I go and order my sensor yesterday and just one little sensor that tells the computer how much air is going into my fuel is $160. That's with a discount too..

What happens when I go to leave my parents house yesterday afternoon? lights go away and it's driving fine again. :confused0024:

My guess is, it took a bit for the computer to realize the filter and sensor were clean and that it could get it's information clear again. So I guess i'll be calling the parts shop in the morning and cancelling my order hopefully before they put their order in. It wasn't in stock yesterday.

Similar thing happened with Indy too, I went out to the barn and have been brushing him on his days off and giving him grain. I go out on Monday and his back legs are swollen. So I brush as much mud as I could off him and had my coach check it out since I couldn't see why or feel heat. She looked at him, felt a bit of heat since her hands were colder than mine from just being outside for awhile and she said he had these things called Scratches or Mud fever as I learned it's also called from googling it. In the 18 years i've been in the horse industry I have never dealt with that or heard of it. So she recommended I go to the vet because the vet we use makes this cream that would heal them in a week or less. So I go home that night and order it the next morning. Spend $70, go to the barn to use it and I hosed off his legs just so I wouldn't have to scrub any sore spots to get mud off and I noticed...what she had me feel yesterday was no longer there and he wasn't very swollen anymore.... had her check, and she confirms that he doesn't have Scratches and I now have an un used tub of expensive cream for an infection i've never heard of prior to the day before. :surrender: can't return it and can't seem to sell it so I guess it goes into my trailer and kept 'just in case'. At least my coach was really awesome and offered to waive a trailer fee I owed her for a previous haul trip to a show because she felt bad. Lesson learned I guess, hose off your horses legs and look at them with a fine tooth comb before spending an arm and a leg on some meds you may not need.

I just fell on a possibly awesome deal on a house I spent a lot of time at growing up. Looking at it Saturday. Please cross fingers. Ill share more if it progresses.

Hey redrunnin' I'm OhMax on BHW. You got some good advice over there on the house. Get the truck straightened out. Keep a chunk back for a downpayment. I wouldn't cancel the card, use it a littl and keep it up to date, cancel it after you get the house if you want. Pull a credit report on each of you to see what goes towards your score and if anything is negative so you can try to resolve it.

What % downpayment do you have? Is it possible you'll qualify for a loan other than USDA? The requirements are pretty harsh now like having to carry pmi for the life of the loan, if you could get something else I would

Hey redrunnin' I'm OhMax on BHW. You got some good advice over there on the house. Get the truck straightened out. Keep a chunk back for a downpayment. I wouldn't cancel the card, use it a littl and keep it up to date, cancel it after you get the house if you want. Pull a credit report on each of you to see what goes towards your score and if anything is negative so you can try to resolve it.

What % downpayment do you have? Is it possible you'll qualify for a loan other than USDA? The requirements are pretty harsh now like having to carry pmi for the life of the loan, if you could get something else I would

Hey! Thanks so much for your advice. We don't have 20% to put down on a house right now, so instead of getting a USDA loan, we are going to rent for a while. We found a couple of options that would work for us last night. I wasn't too impressed on the USDA restrictions.. (especially because you couldn't purchase a place with a barn.) I put some money down on a truck today, so I'm going to get that, fix my Ford and sell it, then fix Noah's, and pay most of the newer truck off with what I sell my truck for.