BuckinBrandy

The Bionic Oscar Mayer Weiner Thread

My mare stocks up bad if in a stall for long times. She doesnt go lame. Just swells. Almost like water build up.

Hope you get an answer.

Stevie, could it be bloodworms?! I know that bloodworms is one thing that can cause it... Just an idea!

Kristen: That's exactly what it is like. Though he's not in a stall, he's outside 24/7 in a big run shared with another horse. Doesn't have room to full out gallop but he gets movement. The BO's horse lives in a pasture where she can gallop around and she's stocked up too :/

Hilary: Yuck! I'll look into it though, it's possible. He had a bout of regular worms but he's since been treated for that. Poor man.

We are finally settling into our new house and I'm so excited! Completely mini projects right now (painting, fencing, barn stuff) and the horses come on Friday! I can't wait!!! The dogs absolutely love having all the room to RUN! haha We also have two calves coming on Sunday...just need to find a few more. :)

I survived. My Grandparents got hit with strong winds, hail, and tons of rain. Hail was so big, broke skylight in house! I just hope the ones in the barn didnt break!

Totally scary! There's been two tornadoes that have come through here. I hate tornadoes! They scare me so much!!

And yay! I can't wait to see the horses at home!

Stay safe everyone! I hate tornadoes. We're dealing with flooding here right now, finally have some sun and heat after a week of rain! We got about 140mm of rain in the past few days.. the barns measure read 5.5 inches.

We already own a house and I have wanted to move back into the city(to an acreage more but in reality that's not affordable yet) for awhile but the boy has wanted to upgrade the current house. Current house was built in the 80's I believe but as far as I know it has new insulation and it has new siding as well as lots of renos already and we're currently doing more. The renos we had were done by the previous owner and are kind of shotty. So we have to fix his screw ups and continue upgrading ourselves. We're currently upgrading with intent to sell so just curb appeal and little things here and there. We live 10 minutes from the city in a small town and we both work and play in the city. Indy is boarded 10 minutes from my work and everything is close in the city. The town has everything you need in a pinch (gas, grocery, pub, some fast food) and honestly it's a great little town and we live in an awesome neighborhood close to churches, schools, the firehall is down the block and main street is also just a block away, everything is within walking distance. It's QUIET which is the main thing I love, it's like country living but not we also have a large lot that our big dog can actually run around on with a two car garage on it still and we owe very little on it compared to what similar houses go for in the city.

The problem is the house, it's small and although we don't need big right now, it's laid out terrible. The rooms are tiny, the living room is cramped, the kitchen has no counter space or storage and the stairway downstairs is small as well, you can barely get a double bed down the stairs. The bathroom downstairs is in what we think to be an old dirt storage room and is again tiny. There are no hallways to separate rooms so it's really all laid out in one line. Does it sound worth it to completely reno it? We want to do the following..

Expand the house out, knock down walls, relocate a bathroom and furnace room, new furnace, central air, expand kitchen, new counter tops, new cabinets, new flooring and sub-flooring, fence, sod, finish garage, and probably more. 90% of the work would be done ourselves and with the help of friends so labor is the cost of beer and food. Supplies wouldn't be to painful as we have connections for most of what we need and the labor wouldn't be done just by people who think they know what they're doing, our friends are certified to do the jobs.

So is it worth it or does it sound like a better idea to just move into the city for a few years, save then get our acreage? Renos would cost maybe $50g and that's cheaper than the price comparison to what kind of house we want in the city. So in reality it would be easier to save for the acreage if we stayed but the issue is still deciding if the renos are worth it on such an old house that basically needs to be completely re-done in a town that we don't work in or play in.

Any opinions?

Edited by Indestructible

House Buying + Remodeling Kitchen and Bathroom = Money Draining.

I had an interview for a new job, making about two and a half times what I do now, and it was postponed due to something on their end. He's an ER doctor, so it could be anything. I was going to try and work two jobs, my current and then this new one at night (if I got it), but I don't see it happening.

Frustrating. I am cranky, tired, and stressed to the max.

We had a place lined up to rent from a family friend. They told us this weekend that they don't know if they want to rent it now, and prefer to just sell it.

So now, I'm getting married in less than 3 months and don't have a place to live. Places to rent are not easy to come by here, and if they are, they are well over $1000 a month. Plus, I have my horse to think about, and I have to find somewhere close to where I live now unless I can take him with me.

I'm so stressed out.

Well, this sucks.

Just got to my first non-training shift at my new side job (hotel night audit). I was all excited cause it's a perfect gig for meshing with my career because it's only two shifts a week and during the slow night shifts I can do office work while I'm on the clock here.

But the other employees have made it clear that the manager, who will be the person working the morning shift after my shifts the majority of the time, is never ever ever on time. Like, an hour or two late. Regularly. So here's my situation tonight: It's my first night shift so my sleeping schedule isn't swapped around yet. I get off at 8, have a showing at 11, and an open house 2-4. Then I work midnight tomorrow until 8am sunday again.

I was banking on being able to nap for a couple hours before my showing at 11. I texted the manager to ask her to try to get in on time but she hasn't answered. I'll text again in the morning to ask if she got it and hopefully she gets her butt in gear, but either way, tonight's just the root of the problem.

They want me to work sunday nights and monday nights for a few weeks until they determine whether they're hiring another person as well (one of the other front desk workers might be leaving). Well, that would mean the second shift is supposed to end at 8am on tuesday. I have a mandatory office meeting every tuesday at 8:30, so I'd already be running on a tight margin. Getting off late wouldn't be an option. So I get to confront the front desk manager (thankfully I don't have to go straight to the manager, who is the problem, about it - at least not yet) and tell her that if we can't get the manager to come in on time, I can't work those shifts.

I really hope this doesn't end up ruining this job. I'm tired of jumping from job to job. I mean, I'm tired of having a side job at all, but nobody else is going to pay my bills while I work towards receiving my first commission.

Everything worked out with the house. We are doing rent to own, so basically the house and all the land is mine. I'm so excited. We are remodeling in the house right now and it's kind of a mess. Very stressful to have all this going on and the wedding, but it will all work out.

Everything worked out with the house. We are doing rent to own, so basically the house and all the land is mine. I'm so excited. We are remodeling in the house right now and it's kind of a mess. Very stressful to have all this going on and the wedding, but it will all work out.

This is pretty much what we did (land contract). Septic wouldnt pass, she didnt have the money, so it was only option.

Thanks, I should have him home this weekend. Ill be sure to post some!

We have a house warming party planned for Aug 16th, so now we have a deadline to get all of our little projects finished. haha Kind of stressful, but it's keeping us busy! :) Lots of painting happening right now and we're staining the decks (which absolutely sucks). haha We decided to wait on doing any big projects such as replacing flooring and such until later in the year. Everything is fine the way it is and looks good we just want to replace the linoleum with wood flooring and things like that. It can wait though. I figure we need to have some "befores" for the party right? That way people will appreciate the changes after. haha :P

Congrats on your new purchase Kristin!! How exciting!!! You definitely deserve it!

Glad the house worked out for you, Jackie!

I am in a friends wedding in a few weeks, and there's a huge possibility I may snap

on her future MIL. She is pushy, obnoxious, rude, and overbearing... She

Doesn't hesitate to call and ask me or my mom to do something or buy something...my mom is doing the cake, the wedding shower cake, and helping with the bridal luncheon (for free, might I add.)I've already bought 3 gifts(mom bought 2 as well.. So that's 5.)and done a bunch of crap for the 100million showers they're giving them. I don't mind doing any of this usually... But it's just... Her. And the way she goes about things. If she calls and asks for one more thing I'm telling her no... She has asked the maid/matron of honor and the rest of the bridesmaids to do NOTHING...

And don't even get me started on the mother of the bride---she is so partial to her other daughter it makes me sick. There's a large possibility I may snap on her, too...

Ok sorry that turned into a rant -just had to let that out, maybe it'll help keep me sane

10495309_10152305093746547_6890375266426

10575244_10152305093521547_6970259068516

10548275_10152305093661547_3089915084068

10514472_10152300997166547_8210892009090

I plan on showing Western Pleasure (English at the fair) and such...but I want to keep his mane (DH asked if we could)...I don't plan on doing AQHA yet...do you think it's okay?

Edited by PinkTractor

...and totally random...but anyone heard from Carol Ann? I realized she isn't posting here anymore - and I got deleted from her facebook. I guess I'm just nosey, lol.

I actually noticed that I got deleted from her facebook too...glad I'm not the only one! You're right, she's been strangely scarce.

To answer your question - I don't see anything wrong with keeping the mane, as long as it's well-groomed. Especially if you're not doing the super high-end/AQHA shows. I don't know how big your fair is, though...but I say go for it! I Love the natural look!

and, of course - adorable pictures! Makes me miss riding so muchhh...

Thanks! Our fair is just a small local thing. My horse and the 4H kida are usually the only "show" horses.

Im going to keep it well groomed and see how it goes. I just fear showmanship classes will be knocked down.