BuckinBrandy

The Bionic Oscar Mayer Weiner Thread

Dad and Mom are about to build a house on their 400 acre ranch/cow farm.The contractor is getting estimates and finishing up the plans this week or next week... They have one house ahead of them then they'll get started... I'm so excited for my parents! And I can't wait to have all of that space to ride on!

everyone is having such good things come! yayyyy god is good :)

my sister is in Italy on a school business trip! but, I'm going to a giant flea market today. so. excited. and then on Memorial Day weekend I'm racing my dirtbike then we got a hotel room in lake George! I'm so excited.

does anyone see those ranch horse ads on here? they always reaaaaaally tempt me. I have been seriously considering buying a horse, but I work so much. :(

So I'm buying a house. Just waiting for our real estate attorney to write up our agreement.

We fell upon an awesome deal. And I got a mini horse trailer thrown in, too. It's a small house, three stall barn, mini shed, two car garage, pond, and 25 acres.

I was told to expect about two-three months for the bank, but this is totally awesome.

We have 3 weeks until we close on the house and I can't wait!!!! Can't wait to have the horses in my backyard! I also can't wait to have our own house that we can work on and update, etc and it actually benefits us! Lol

My contract says we will close on or before July 20. I hope we do, but just starting it all...seems wishful.

Edited by PinkTractor

I would be scared crapless without a good realtor.... And I've done the house buying thing twice now. Yikes.

I am running to my Dad a lot. However, the seller doesn't want a realtor involved (doesn't want to pay costs) but with the price we got it - we had to jump. DH works out of town....so it's just me. Ugh. But we might close early if we keep smooth sailing. Well/septic tomorrow. Appraisal next Wednesday.

Good luck! Jeremiah bought his house without a realtor this fall. It was FSBO and a good friend of his owns a ton of rentals around town and has done some FSBO sales/purchases so he knows how these things work; he acted as a sort of advisor and helped us through the transaction and it went pretty smoothly. (until the government shut down and the financing had to change, which ultimately resulted in closing 15 days late, but that was the only complication and wasn't related to being a realtor.
It was a lot of trouble for Jeremiah, though - since he works 8-5 every day he only had an hour during lunch to do do anything requiring business hours, so he was constantly going to meetings at lunch and was prettttty busy. He now says he's never going to buy a house again. And then I remind him that I'm a realtor now so I can do all the work for him.

He's a silly goose.

It's all worth the trouble, though!

any suggestions for REALLY INEXPENSIVE flats (dressy enough to wear to the office)? I was going to use my Old Navy gift certificate that has a few bucks left on it but their prices were too high for my budget even after the discount :P ALL of my work shoes are falling apart. pathetically.

any suggestions for REALLY INEXPENSIVE flats (dressy enough to wear to the office)? I was going to use my Old Navy gift certificate that has a few bucks left on it but their prices were too high for my budget even after the discount :P ALL of my work shoes are falling apart. pathetically.

Target!! I get most of my shoes at Target. They are having buy one, get one 50% off this week too.. And check out the cartwheel app.. you can usually save more. I only buy stuff that is on sale or I can find a coupon for, so I watch for all the deals, lol.

Titus and kerosene are sound... Got to ride both today...........feels good to be back!!!

Gem's ultrasound is Friday(hopefully!) praying she is in foal!!

you guys, cross your fingers for me - with any luck, I'll have an accepted offer under contract AND my first listing by Monday! Also, paperwork for another listing is in the mail! And I'm going on showings this weekend...things are FINALLY starting to happen! Thank goodness!

Good luck! Let us know how it goes :)

Indy hasn't been sound for a week now. I got his feet trimmed and his back adjusted on Tuesday and I was so excited to go work him the next day and see how he felt only to find his feet hurt and his legs were swollen on top of it all.

Has anyone ever had their horses legs stock up for no logical reason? I have no idea what's happening but a few horses at the barn will come in with swollen legs. They're sound on them but they're still swollen and sometimes hot too. It's bothering me not knowing what's going on and I want to take him to the vet but if he's sound, I don't know what they would be able to find or do.

My mare stocks up bad if in a stall for long times. She doesnt go lame. Just swells. Almost like water build up.

Hope you get an answer.

Stevie, could it be bloodworms?! I know that bloodworms is one thing that can cause it... Just an idea!

Kristen: That's exactly what it is like. Though he's not in a stall, he's outside 24/7 in a big run shared with another horse. Doesn't have room to full out gallop but he gets movement. The BO's horse lives in a pasture where she can gallop around and she's stocked up too :/

Hilary: Yuck! I'll look into it though, it's possible. He had a bout of regular worms but he's since been treated for that. Poor man.

We are finally settling into our new house and I'm so excited! Completely mini projects right now (painting, fencing, barn stuff) and the horses come on Friday! I can't wait!!! The dogs absolutely love having all the room to RUN! haha We also have two calves coming on Sunday...just need to find a few more. :)