BuckinBrandy

The Bionic Oscar Mayer Weiner Thread

The last two weeks of an awful job are simultaneously the best and the worst.

SO unmotivated. SO ready to be done.

But SO happy the end is in sight.

I feel you guys... There's not a lot for me to do besides set up meetings to intro my recruiters to different hiring managers... I didn't have any meetings for today so I'm just bored lol

So I'm guessing the details that you worked out for the new job were agreeable, corrie?

Edited by Amazona

Yes. Salary near the top of the range that I said would make me comfortable (although i didn't take into account that the taxes are higher than I thought since I"ll still be an independent contractor...stupid taxes), decent work schedule and they'll be working on finding a weekend worker so hopefully soon a GREAT work schedule, bonus check every time the company closes a transaction, etc...and there's room for advancement, too, cause the office is kind of evolving a lot as far as what they do and who they have to do it and size and stuff, so I can grow with it and develop my responsibilities over time.

and I'll only have to work ONE JOB. AND that one job will pay all my bills!!!

you have NO IDEA how nice that sounds. It's been a long several months.

I'm super excited. But I'm currently sitting in my office anxiously cause I'm waiting for my boss to have a moment of free time so I can tell him I'm leaving the office. I'm not excited for that. I really like it here.

Good grief. Long weekend.

All of last week I've been trying to take advantage of my current jobs slowing down to get my life a little caught up. Still managed to stay pretty crazy busy in the meantime.

Over the weekend, while sleep deprived and still super slammed, there was a death in Jeremiah's family so now we've been dealing with that.

Discovered I was scheduled for more shifts than I thought at the hotel, so tonight is my last shift instead of Sunday.

Tomorrow is the last day at the old office and I still haven't gotten around to even starting to clean out my mess of a desk.

Plus I have like twenty other things on my to-do list - not counting sleep, since I'm at work til 8am.

I'm hoping the beginning of the new job will mark a fresh, organized, non-hectic start.

Hopefully.

I was disappointed at first that I work Tuesday through Saturday, since it will make it hard to make plans for the weekend, but I am looking forward to having a weekday off because I feel like I'll be way more productive on a weekday than on a weekend when Jeremiah is home to do nothing with.

(although, on the other hand, it's possible that I'll just end up using the lack of supervision and accountability to laze around all day. we will see.)

OH. also, I'm excited/torn.

A friend of mine has just been named Editor in Chief of a lifestyle website and she is looking for an editor to work for her.

I came about this knowledge during an interview with her about my attempt at building an English major with Editing specialization, instead of writing or literature specialization, at my university. So obviously I'm interested - I LOVE editing.

It could be perfect. It would look great on my resume and I would even be able to use it as credits towards my major.

BUT...one of the biggest exciting parts about this new job I'm getting at the real estate brokerage is that I'll be able to have ONE JOB. only ONE. for the first time in about a year. I was really looking forward to that. And I don't want to get over-excited about this editing opportunity and throw that away and regret it later. As I just mentioned in my previous post, I'm really looking forward to a newfound simplicity and calmness.

But, on the other hand, theoretically this would be something I'd really enjoy, and I don't know how much time I would be expected to commit to it either so it's possible that it's a very miniscule time commitment. Also, like I said, I could use it as credits toward school so I can look at it as doing that work instead of regular homework...theoretically I'd be doing some sort of work in its place anyways if I got those credits from some other class.

I don't know. I really have to get more information from her first - and it's not like I've been offered the job; she simply said she'd send me the application. I'll investigate it and see if it feels right. I checked out the website and it seems pretty cool. We will see, I guess.

I feel like some dancing bananas are in order...

:yay::yay::yay:

I am going to run a horse this weekend and if all works out, BUY HIM. *eep*

1D barrel winner. TOP END of my budget, but exactly what I want.

I am hella nervous though. I have not rode anything for the last year.

So sure, hop on this 1200 pound torpedo and race as fast as you can. No big deal.

Wish me luck y'all.

Here he is!

http://barrelhorseworld.com/horsedetail.asp?ID=240654

I bought him. :yay:

We pretty much crashed and burned at the barrel race today. First and second barrel were beautiful, but I totally lost my head on the third and we clipped it. Then I stood up and we cruised home.

With all of that, we still had a smokin run.

If I had rode him anything like I should have... we would have definitely wound up in the top 5. So here is to hoping my riding skills improve FAST.

My momma had chemo today (maintenance, she's in remission!!) and I couldn't go with her because of work so I sent her flowers and had them delivered to the hospital during her treatment. I love doing stuff like that for her!

Congrats Krystal!! Looks like a nice one. I've not been on a horse since the middle of June. Jet got the summer off. With wedding planning, the wedding and remodeling the house it was just easier to step off him then to run myself into the grave trying to get everything done.

But starting the first of the year I am hitting the workout schedule hard to get he weight off and get back in shape to do him justice!!

Congrats Krystal! Nice run!

Titus has been off from running for a month, because he had to have his hocks injected, still wasn't 100% and didn't clock so he had his knee injected(X-rays show early arthritis) Today he was super spunky so fingers crossed he's back to his usual self :)

I come here to post my random pony thoughts that the general public could care less about. :smilie:

That said...

I just cleared out my trailer. We are going to give it all the love it deserves, new paint, etc etc...

OR

We are going to upgrade to a LQ.

Of course we all know what I want to do.

Of course we all know that a new paint job is considerable less spendy than living quarters.

But we will see.

Id love a LQ trailer. But, 1) I dont go over night to shows 2) I dont have $30,000+ 3) My DH would divorce me.

But Ill live in envy over yours!

As it would turn out... A new paint job is NOT less spendy.

It would cost more than my trailer is worth to revive it. :indifferent:

The man hunt for something new has officially started.

Paint is soo expensive! I need to do some work to mine like sand it down, paint it and put new diamond plate on the front. Hopefully since we didn't spend too much on the trailer, the face lift on it doesn't cost more than it's worth. I don't want to buy a new one since I don't haul often and this is a good trailer for what I need :unsure:

Job hunting sucks.

I want out of mine so bad. cant find anything that pays what I need and has the hours I want.