Becaco

Tuckie, Foxlover, Chele, Horse Crazy In T X, Jack & Alleyway

Instead of having 3 different topics, wouldn't it be easier for you to keep us updated here?

cat2.jpg

lolcats_holdhands.jpg

Edited by Becaco

Tuck went in yesterday to have her port put in for her upcoming chemo. I talked to her last night and she sounded a lot like she did after her initial surgery. She's in pain, she's feeling down, has more stitches and her chest is totally bandaged up again.

Charleybarleo, she could use a visit from a good friend, if you get her direction. [Huggy]

Dang it, Mudder! Thanks for the info. I will try to get a hold of her tonight or over the weekend.

Thinking about all of you ladies today, and I have already let my friend Teresa know what to put on the card when she gets there tonight to register in for the Breast Cancer Walk.

Many hugs and prayers to all of you......

[Huggy] [Angel] [Huggy] [Angel] [Huggy] [Angel] [Huggy]

Thanks for the topic! I'm doing great! Had radiation #4 today, 29 more to go. I'm getting fuzz on my head. So far it has no color at all. A couple of the hairs are about a half inch long and look like they want to curl. Great. I'm going to look like a white poodle. [ROTFL]

I feel pretty guilty, everything has been relatively easy for me. I feel for ya Tuck, I sure wish I could make it easier for you.

Quote from Tuck's FB

Back to bed for me. He cut me in 2 places. One to get the port in and I guess again to attach the tube into an artery. Back on meds and in bed. Sore and hurting once again. Stupid person when I had my surgery put tape over my mastectomy cut.

Ya, she was pretty out of it earlier this afternoon. She can't really sit without feeling like something is pulling on her port thingy they did. Did I mention that she's funnier then all get out when she's drugged up. [ROTFL] She says some pretty funny stuff.

That's the upside to this mess: good drugs! *LOL* My port comes halfway up my neck. It took a long time to get used to it. I can still feel it move under my skin sometimes. weird.

I'm glad to hear the updates. Our breast cancer walk is May 8; I'll definitely be thinking of my HC friends too.

Mudder, I plan oh going to see her this weekend. Figured she would be out of it for a few days after getting her port and would need some rest before she was ready for guest. But I will be calling her and going to see her. Wonder if Amber could use a good brushing???

That reminds me Kina Kat; I need to find out when there will be a cancer walk in my region. I'm starting to feel like doing some physical excercise - maybe start "training" for a walkathon! I've even entertained the notion of joggin, now that I don't have any girls to bounce.................. but I'm half scared if I get my blubberbutt to bouncing that hard it will never stop.............

I have a min of feelin ok.

The lortabs are catching up to me. Not so good to feel light headed and dizzy all the time. I have pain once again where they put in the port and I would guess the tube. As i have 2 cuts on my left collar bones area now. Had to go the the ER today. Dizzy,shortness of breath,light headed. They took x-rays and told me I was ok inside. I am having anxiety attacks. Doctor said with all I have been threw the last 3 months, It was ok to have them and lump that with meds and pain. It is to be expected.

I am trying to stay away from the lortabs and take Advil and valuims.

Charley I would loved to had you come visit today. But I am so not doing very well. I hope tomorrow will be a better day for me. Lets all cross our fingers this passes. As this is not a good feeling to be dizzy and thinking you can not breath.

Pray I can sleep with out bad night mares. As I have been having some bad ones.

I'm half scared if I get my blubberbutt to bouncing that hard it will never stop.............
[ROTFL] I've seen pics of your butt -- you got nothing to worry about!

I am having anxiety attacks.
I'm sorry to hear that, my girl. Please talk to your doc (LOL -- almost wrote "the vet") and let him/her know what's going on. If Valium's not cutting it, there are other things you can try. And the nightmares might be related to your meds. [Huggy] Edited by Kina Kat

Tuck, have you tried the Ativan? It's for anxiety. Take one for anxiety, two for sleep. Does your Portacath tube go up your neck? I just hate that mine shows. They had to put it on the right side because of the hematoma on the left, maybe that's why mine shows. I hope you feel better soon. The portacath was the hardest for me to get used to, it still bugs me that it's there, but not in a painful way.

Living with cancer is such an odd thing. All through chemo I lost hair everywhere but my eyebrows and eyelashes. It's been - what, three months? - since my last Adriamycin/Cytoxin treatment (the one that makes hair fall out) and almost a month since my last Taxol treatment. I'm getting fuzz on my head and BAM my eyebrows fall out. Sooooooooo wierd.

Tuck, I'm so sorry to hear you are hurting again. I'm sure there is something the dr. can give your for anxiety. It's bad enough you're going through this pain, you sure don't need the anxiety attacks on top of it!

[ROTFL] Chele, LOVE your attitude about all this! I believe it does help.

Foxlover, How are you doing? Well I hope.

Thinking of you all!

Lots of hugs and good thoughts for you brave ladies! [Angel] [Angel] [Angel] [Huggy] [Huggy] [Huggy]

Hope today is a better day for you today, Tuck. [Huggy]

I am heading outside to soak up some sun. Lord knows I need it.

I asked about the Ativan and was told that was to strong. And with the other meds I was taking not a good cocktail unless I wanted to end up like Micheal Jackson.

I dislike meds in the first place. And now I understand a big reason why. The lortabs have taken away my clear thinking and any control i did have. The pain is getting better each day. So I am going to try to just take the advil unless it gets to bad.

I also have valuims to take if I begin to feel dizzy or anxious.

Make sure you have food in your tummy with the Advil Tuck! Stay busy doing stuff you like to keep your mind off your pain.

Living with cancer is such an odd thing. All through chemo I lost hair everywhere but my eyebrows and eyelashes. It's been - what, three months? - since my last Adriamycin/Cytoxin treatment (the one that makes hair fall out) and almost a month since my last Taxol treatment. I'm getting fuzz on my head and BAM my eyebrows fall out. Sooooooooo wierd.

I was on th same chemo Abraxane for almost a year, didn't lose any of the hair on my head. Doc switched me off to a different chemo to give my body a rest for 6 months. Put me back on Abraxane recently and boom - all my hair fell out. Crazy, huh?

You guys hang in there and remember to drink plenty of water.

Hey Tuck,

It definitely sounds like anxiety, I am a expert on anxiety. I have fought it all my life, and meds make it so I can live normal. It is ok to have it with all you have been through. I hope with time it will pass, and the pain gets better for you. Keep thinking good thoughts and be positive.

chele-Good that your hair is coming in, I have a friend who got really curly hair when it grew back. Keep up your good sense of humor, you have done great with all you've been through.

I am doing OK, kinda worried yet about my mammo results coming in for my good side. If they find something I will be a wreck, but I know it will be good. I am almost done with my bi-weekly fills, so hope to have surgery by the end of June for the implant. I hate this metal plate on my ribs, so sick of the pain. Especially at night if I lay on my side, I can only lay on my right side and I get so tired of that. But soon it will be taken out! Yahoo!

Tuck, that answer about Ativan suprises the heck out of me. Ask about Xanax or any other alternatives.

If you don't want to add another medication -- which goodness knows I can understand -- meditation can help a lot. You might also try acupuncture. And therapists can show you exercises.

My point is that you don't have to live with this. You have plenty to deal with already.

That IS crazy horse crazy in Texas! Just no understanding it. Water. bleh. I'm trying, honestly, but I have never been a fan of water. I just don't drink much period, of anything. But, since I've gotten cancer I've made an effort to drink more.