Becaco

Tuckie, Foxlover, Chele, Horse Crazy In T X, Jack & Alleyway

Overall I'm happy with the TRAM but it does weaken your abdominal muscles which effects riding. I jokingly said I got a bewb job and tummy tuck for my 40th birthday. I was really glad I had both surgeries the same day.

I know a lady who has been on chemo for 6 years with BC and from the same little town I'm from. It's good to know people who are dealing with the same thing and living a quality life and hanging around for years :jump:.

Edited by horse crazy inTX

Thank you so much for relaying your experiences with us here. I, for one, am very interested to hear what is going one with each one of you. Who knows who else may benefit from your experiences......but it's good to know.

More hugs and prayers for you all!!!! [Huggy] [Angel] [Angel] [Huggy]

So far so good with the radiation. My skin is still in good shape (something they watch carefully) and I haven't gotten the fatigue yet. well. not anymore than I have had. My dog just had a malignant melanoma removed from her muzzle. I guess that means we are in cancer treatment together?

Aw Chele, sorry to hear about your dog. Is she doing ok now?

Has anyone heard from Tuck? I know she had her first chemo on Tues. but haven't seen her around here or maybe I've just missed it.

I hope you all are doing well.

Just a little something to brighten your days.

004.jpg

Tuck is very tired and weak. No nausea yet, just very very tired. Tired of taking pills, and she's having a hard time drinking 80 oz of water a day. But, she has to, to keep her kidney's flushed. She says she's never felt so curse helpless in her curse life.

LTR, she says to say Thank You very much for the lovely bracelet. She absolutely LOVES it. [Huggy] [Huggy]

As far as I know she's fine now PineBarSissy. My vet thinks she got it all!

Poor Tuck. It just sucks that this is so hard on her.

Hubby and I re-built my fence today. It looks great, but man am I pooped! In a good way; feels good to be just a little bit sunburnt, and aware of every muscle in my body (that is screaming at me, especially my feet! )

Edited by chele

Mudder, thank you for the update on Tuck. I hope is able to get some rest.

Chele, glad to hear your dog will be ok. Yeah, that's a good kind of tired ;)

I have lots of experience with portacaths. My first one was on my left side. I just had it removed and they put a new one in on my right side. for some odd reason my left one just stopped working and nobody still knows why, they took it out and it was fine, in the right place and everything, just wouldn't work.

Had them changed out just 3 weeks ago. Ask your doc for a script for EMLA cream, the generic is called something longer, you put in over your port and then put a clear plastic dressing over it to keep the cream in placce and so it don't get all over your shirt, lol, or use that plastic cling wrap you get at grocery store, seran wrap (I can't spell it, but its made by Reynolds and use for cooking stuff.) Anyway, leave that on for 30min to an hour before they access your port. After its been on there, just wipe off and then nurse will put the needle in and you will not feel anything, maybe a tiny pinch, but its nothing. Then after your port has been stuck a lot, the nerves get messed up I think or just use to it, and you can have the needle put in it and not feel anything and not even have to use any of the numbing cream.

That cream, it also works before getting a tattoo. A tip for anyone wanting a tattoo.

You can google/yahoo to find the cream and info on it. Or go to webmd or medlineplus.com

I have a min then back to resting. Alley I have 2 tubes of that cream. i get to use it the next time I go for chemo.

Man this whacked me but good. One day felt like my eyes were going to pop out of my head.And for days it has been hard to just raise my head off my pillows. I try each day multiple times to walk threw the house. But that was hard to even do.

I had to go intown and get a shot everyday. And have to continue that threw Tuesday.

Sitting here in my chair to type is an effort. I hope everyday gets better. As it seems I get a bit stronger each day.

Water yucko yucko I have to push non caffine non diuretic drinks Any ideas ???? Over 80 ounces a day.

And I need high protein any ideas on what I need to eat?

Thanks everyone for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers. [Huggy]

Aw Tuck, I'm sorry to hear you're feeling crappy. Sending good thoughts that this gets easier for you.

Thank you for checking in & letting us know how you are doing.

I hope all you ladies are doing well

[Huggy]

People in my nutrition class were just raving about Crystal Light helping them get the water they need.

If the doc okays it, I'd just drink any dang thing that sounds good. Chocolate milk, fruit juice, whatever.

And again, if it's okay with the doc, you could try some protein powder. You can add it to your drink and kill two birds with one stone.

Meat is of course an easy way to get protein. Other things are cottage cheese, peanut butter, Gardenburger/Morningstar Farms (soy) stuff, nuts, and beans. You might look online for other ideas.

Edited by Kina Kat

Crystal light check. will tell Hubby when he goes to the store for me.

Problem is I can not sit here long enough to do a search. Maybe I can spend more time here tomorrow.

I have to come here if I do anything at all online. These are my friends and I cherish them. [Huggy]

They are holding my hand threw this.

Hey Tuck, I hope you start feeling better. Just gets lots of rest and keep drinking that water.

My chemo pills are kicking in, my knees and hands hurt alot. I get so thirsty at night, and hot flashes galore! Going to be a long summer.

Wednesday is my 'last' fill, if they can find the port. We are going to discuss a surgery date so I will have a new foob. It will be nice to get this expander out from under my chin (it seems.)

Chele, I know what you mean about sore muscles, I have been doing alot of yard work and stuff with the horses and I ache! But it's a good ache.

Edited by foxlover

The more I see it, the more I love the "I hold ur hand, K?" picture! I don't normally "do" LOL cats but that one is really really cute. And so fitting.

Today I got radiation dermatitis!

Yay!

pft.

They gave me a cream to put on it 3 times a day. It's only on a small strip; I didn't realize they were radiating so high on my chest and neck and I think I was putting lotion there. [Duh]

I just keep getting better and better looking! No hair. No bewbs. And a rash. *wolf whistles*

Edited by chele

I just keep getting better and better looking! No hair. No bewbs. And a rash. *wolf whistles*
[ROTFL]

I am doing loads better. I got my last shot with this chemo. So I get a 2 week break before the next chemo. I finally feel up to getting a round a bit. Got my shot and headed to Hobby Lobby to get more pompom things to make more Warrior Cooties for the chemo patients at the cancer place. I think there was 8 to 10 left when I checked today.

I got out this evening and combed a wind row out of Ambers mane. WHOOOOOOOOOOOO [Yay]

chele is that radiation makin you hot to trot girl?

Chele, I couldn?t find a whistler, would a winker do 2.gif

I saw that LOL kitty and I felt like I could just grab him/her up and kiss and hug that little kitty all over. There is just something about it, maybe those eyes.

friends.jpg

lolcats_holdhands.jpg

I think it is the eyes, Becaco, but what do I know? I will agree though - it is a very cute picture.

Still keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers........thanks for the updates. :)

Chele, I said it before, and I mean it this time.......you owe me a new computer screen! I should know by now to finish my coffee BEFORE I open a thread you may have posted on. Daggnabit!

Oh ya, I'm a hottie now Tuck!

I agree, I think it's the eyes too Becaco.

Sorry \elsbet *hands elsbet a towel*