MithrilMaid

Attention Hc Quilters!

GLORY BE!!! Can you believe it!?!?!?

The quilt is FINALLY finished! We are quilting the top today and it will be at the Pet Center's Festival this Saturday!

I want to sincerely apologize for the extreme length of time this has taken me to complete. When I started this project I figured about a month after receiving the blocks to completion... wellll... LIFE crept up and destroyed my finely laid plans!

We had a MAJOR bathroom rebuild.. can't even call it a remodel.... then a severe winter (for the south) kept me on my toes keeping the horses and chickens fed and unfrozen... as well as a busy winter at the rehab barn... plus out of town company, helping a friend make a major move to the area.... need I go on? :S

Well ... it's DONE now! :)

Will everyone please send me your names and city & state once more. [Duh] In all the rearranging and moving of my project room I've lost the list... again.. :( I swear.. it's gonna be a while before I tackle another project like this! (as she looks at her list of ideas......)

Thank you ALL for your hard work on the blocks and your PATIENCE with me!!

I will take pictures this evening once the binding is done and post them here asap! :D

Edited by MithrilMaid

PM sent!!

I can't wait to see pictures of it. Don't worry about it taking so long. I still have projects that I haven't finished yet. I'm have 6 more stethoscope covers to make for a few girls at work. (i've been working on them for OOOHHhh about a month now) I've been really busy & something always comes up.

Thanks Amy! Got your PM :D

I am thrilled with how it looks so far! The ladies I met that run the shop are SOOOOO sweet! I'm going to take some sewing lessons from them too :D

They LOVE the quilt and the idea behind it :D

There will be a pic on their facebook page too! Seams To Be

Thanks everyone! I got the PMs :D

Today has been hectic and I didn't get pictures but will take them first thing in the am and post them before I leave to get our horse trailer!

You guys have been awesome to help out with this!!!

Thanks again SO MUCH!!!!!!

Well ladies..... I think we can say the quilt was a HUGE success at the picnic! [Yay] [Yay]

DSC04835.jpg

Kay Hooper is a NY Times Best Selling author of mystery drama type books. She lives in the area and is very active with the CPC and trying to get the new shelter built. :) She saw the quilt before the fair even started and placed this bid!

And here is the quilt!! They had it taped up so we couldn't get a full shot of it... but I LOVE the way it turned out!! The quilt pattern is a outline of a cat and then MEOW in cursive.. I think I have a pic on my cell phone of it I'll try to get uploaded if I can figure out how :D

DSC04833.jpg

DSC04831.jpg

I had really hoped to get a few more up close pictures but we had to drive 2 hours today to pick up a horse trailer and by the time we got to the fair it was nearly over and people were running around like crazy trying to beat the rain.

Thank you all once again for a super successful project!! I seriously couldn't have done this without your help on the blocks!

Everyone was impressed with the blocks coming from around the country.

I sewed a label on the back with everyone's names and locations on it and the purpose of the quilt.. so it will always be remembered as a group effort to help the animals!

Thank you again!!