Helen had spoken out before realizing the actually situation she was in. When Liam glanced over to her, she could feel her cheeks get a little warm. She was never very out spoken around guys, even though she has known Liam for quiet some time because Kyler and him are friends but some how she felt embarrassed still. In that moment of embarrassment she glanced down to bite her lip, then she looked back up to Shelby as she spoke. "I really don't care about money, i'll just be glad to help." The tone was polite as was her smile.

The cashier called for Helen's coffee, so she turned around to grab and pay for it. She took a half step to the side to allow the others to order. Taking a slow slip on the hot liquid she spoke softly again, "I don't know much about hardware, but i could learn or just clean or something." Mentally i kick myself for being out spoken again. "Only if you need my help, I don't want to push anything." She tried to politely smile again, shyly glancing over to Liam and then back to Shelby.

--

Kyler chuckled as Reece started to flirt back with him, but then nodded silently as she told him about her car and her troubles. He cracked a smile again, "Ha, that's what you get with a '78, should have got an earlier model like late sixty's," He let a a quick 'woah' like whistle, "Boy, do those babies run like magic." He was just kidding around with the girl again, but quickly got serious.

"I'm having lunch with my sister soon," he shot a glance towards his sister who was still chatting away. "But after i'm done i can stop by your place and check it out if you would like." Assuming she had walked here, that he could just walk to her house after lunch. "Where do you, uh, live?" It was kind of weird not knowing where she lived, he kind of knew everyone in town, except her. Which reminded him, he didn't even know her name. "I'm Kyler, by the way." He extended his hand and a smile for a shake.

"Oh I totally forgot! I'm Reece." She said and light grabbed his hand, feeling the calluses on her smooth skin. "I live like 5 minutes from here, its a straight shot north." She explained with a smile. "I mean I'm on my way back, so I can give you my number if you want it." Reece said and began to fidget with the hem of her shirt where her cell phone sat in her pocket. It was nice to meet some one in the town that didn't look at her weird cause of the accident.

"It's been a while, hasn't it."

Kat replied through a smile. She sipped at her coffee and glanced up towards Nolan. High school was years ago but she still remembers her developed crush she had had for him. He was, from what she remembered, into art as well, but she wasn't sure what he was doing now. Kat stayed pretty distant through her college life, especially with her study abroad. Art was her main focus for those four years so she wasn't very social at that time.

"What have you and ummm..Will? Been up too?"

She added in. It wasn't that she didn't remember his brother, there was nothing worth remembering.

Liam's eyes softened slightly with amusement at Shelby's warning, though that was the only indication he gave at first that he'd even heard her. Helen immediately distracted him when she spoke, and he nodded slightly at her in his own form of encouragement. She rarely had spoken directly to him, even when Kyler came over or when he was over there, but it wasn't like he ever tried to initiate conversation either.

"Like I said before, I'd just like to help out," he said, trying to allay her worry about money.

Between his parents and the car shop he didn't need the money. He only worked two days and it was usually in the afternoon; Tony let him work his own hours as long as he got all the work done. Liam knew the state of Henry's house, as he made a habit of visiting the aging man at least once a week, but up until that point hadn't had the time to help him out anymore than doing the occasional errand. Plus, Mrs. Abbott had helped usually been there to help.

It wasn't until then that he realized that Shelby had no idea who Helen was and vice versa. Usually, people in Camden knew each other before they met each other, but Shelby had just gotten into town and Helen had just gotten back home. But technically, he and Shelby hadn't introduced themselves either, he knew who she was because of pictures at Henry's place and just from town gossip about new people.

-----

She chuckled slightly at his advice. Adriana knew that, to an extent, he was just kidding, but on the other hand, she had been over the partying scene by the time spring break rolled around and had pretty much become a hermit. Of course, that wasn't something she would admit, especially since she was looking forward to the summer parties that were bound to arise in the small town.

His second words were more teacher-like than she had expected and she nearly felt ashamed for mentioning anything to him. But, he was Liam's friend and, at times, in her eyes, he was hers as well. Liam had always waited expectantly during the school year for summer to roll around so that his older friend Shane would return. They wouldn't allow her to participate in most of their activities, but occasionally she could tag along, usually through some form of blackmail or other form of extortion.

"How were your students this year? Any as memorable as me?" she asked with a bright, teasing smile.

Noah smiled gently at her when she struggled to remember his brother's name, that was okay with him. Usually it was Will that everyone remembered and Noah was just the side note, he was, after all quieter. Kat didn't appear to have changed much since high school, still incredibly attractive. He didn't know why the two hadn't stayed in touch, they had been into the same kind of things in high school, but he figured she was too busy for a small town boy like himself.

"We teach surf lessons to tourists and the occasional local," he replied without hesitation, though he continued with less confidence, or comfort, "We still live at the same house and I paint when I can-"

"-which is too often," Will interrupted from behind, nudging his brother in a teasing manner. His hands were filled with food for the two of them. He nodded in greeting to Kat before turning his attention back to his brother, "I'm gonna go sit and eat."

Noah rolled his eyes at his brother's lack of interest in their old classmate. He could be extremely self absorbed at times. He turned his golden eyes back to Kat, a brief apologetic smile crossing his face, "He's not normally so aloof. What have you been doing?"

He already knew the answer to the question, but was curious on her version of the story. Her mother kept him updated on her happenings as often as possible, like she was trying to prove something to him. Noah knew that she had been in Europe for art and that she was modeling, but that was the extent of his knowledge.

Dacey sat in her own world planning her living room layout until a deep voice penetrated her concentration. She glanced up for a moment only to see Will Vaughn, she knew him as the towns heart throb. Of course, she found him attractive, but she never had gotten to know him and she wasn't sure she ever could. After the distraction Dacey found it difficult to concentrate once more. She stretched and glanced around the coffee shop, her eyes dancing from one familiar face to another. She sipped her iced coffee until her cell vibrated obnoxiously on the table. Glancing at the caller ID she saw it was her boss at Schooners - the bar she worked at. "Hello, Yes I can cover her shift tonight....I'll be there at 6". Dacey sighed, not looking forward to the long night ahead of her. As everyone around her socialized and made new acquaintances, she began to regret her lifestyle, knowing that her job kept her from enjoying the same relationships as those who lived around her. She threw one more glance at Will, then smiled to her self as she continued her planning.

[[i have a serious posting problem]]

Kyler noticed how smooth her small hands felt under his skin and no wonder she had asked him for car help. He tried to concentrate on her name as she spoke repeating it a couple times in his head before letting go of their shake. Mentally Kyler tried to fallow her directions by basically having the town mapped out in his head. The place sounded familiar, maybe it was the same place where many people moved in a out of as the passed through the small town on their broken dream of a big city--maybe that's what Reece was doing. He got so distracted in his mind sometimes he almost missed the last thing she had said about her number.

"Oh, yeah." He felt around his faded Levi pockets for a moment searching for which one he had dropped his phone into. Front right. He reached in a pulled out his Driod, the new upgrade because he manage to break the old one too many times. "I'll text you after lunch and let you know i'm coming up-" He ran my fingers over the screen unlocking it as he spoke. "Okay?" He looked back up at the girl with a smile. "Your number?" He said looking back down to the phone to prepare for her answer.

Reece smiled and gave him the digits of her phone number. After she saw that he had the right number. She again smiled, which was odd for her, it felt nice. "Well Kyler I guess I'll be seeing you later. Oh um how much will it cost?" Reece asked, she didn't want to look stupid by not having enough money on her to pay him for fixing her car, if it could be fixed. If not, it was going to be a long walk from her house to the new bar in town everyday considering it was on the other side of town.

Reece watched the other people in town and saw how easy their lives were. They had no idea the terrible things that could happen to people, not in this little town. That was just the way Reece wanted things to be, innocent..for now.

(Sorry, I am really rusty!)

"I'm so desperate for help that I'd probably hire that dog if you hadn't offered," Shelby told Helen with a nod towards Dacey's dog. She offered a hesitant smile, as if to show the other girl that she she didn't really have anything to be scared of. Yes, Shelby was cool and aloof, but she didn't bite. In reality, she tended to avoid conflict like the plague, "And it can't be that hard to learn."

She ran hand through her dark hair and looked from Helen to Liam. It was hard to tell if they actually knew each other. If they were going to work together, they at least needed to know each others name. And hers too, "I'm Shelby, by the way," She said, holding out her hand to Helen first and then to Liam to offer her quick light handshake.

---

"Oh, they're all memorable," Shane laughed. It was true, all of his students were memorable in their own way. Chloe, with OCD who made sure that all the adjectives in her essays were in alphabetical order. Josh who had not handed in a single assignment but was the best debater in class. Andrea who slept in the back of class during movies. Zak who came to class high. Kate and Emily who passed notes in class. Peter who wrote amazing essays, though you'd never know it from the way he stammered through presentations in class. Sarah who raised her hand to answer every question, though she rarely knew the answer.

"None quite like you though," And this was true. He hadn't really known any of his other students before they showed up in his classroom each fall. None of them had spent endless summer nights playing hide and go seek tag with Shane and his friends. None of them had covered for him when he and Liam had snuck out to go to parties when he was supposed to be sleeping over at the Lux house. And he certainly hadn't opened a first beer for any of his other students around a bon fire after they had blackmailed a friend into taking her out with them.

"Have any professors as amazingly brilliant as your history teacher?"

"I'm considerably jet lagged at the moment, I haven't even been back to the United States a whole day yet. I'm sure you've heard that I went to Europe though since most people know based off my facebook and what not. It was my only true connection back home since the phone international rates are ridiculous."

Kat smiled, she could literally talk a novel to a person if they gave her the time of day to just keep talking on and on. She moved over in her corner booth, making room for Noah if he decided he'd like to sit here instead, just not verbally offering the seat away. Sure she could stay all day talking about herself and anything else for the matter, but talking to a guy, one whom she found attractive, it made her unusually shy.

"I took a ton of art classes that I actually learned from so it was a really good experience. Within my portfolio and such through college the past four years I have a few things in some galleries over there so I got to go and see the exhibits. I'm hoping to publish some of my work in a book over the next year. Other than that I do modeling side jobs when I can. It's the only job able to put me through college with the little my parents have given me. Apparently art wasn't as important as law school for my brother."

She sighed. It was true, even though her parents had paid for college and eventually law school for her older brother they refused to pay for all of Kat's college tuition because her parents told her that art was just a hobby and not a degree. Even with a 4.0 average and all her gallery work it still didn't seem to be enough to them.

Kat looked down at her sketchpad and didn't even notice that she had been sketching Noah's portrait all along. Hoping he hadn't noticed already, she quickly flipped to an older page of a park sketch she had started in Europe. She was always doing that, sketching without even realizing what she doing.

"Liam," he said, accepting her hand with a firm, quiet shake.

The more crowded the Drip became, the less welcome and more uncomfortable Liam began to feel. It wasn't as though people said or did anything that made him feel that way, it was just a feeling that he got; one that was usually fairly accurate. Briefly glancing past her, to the large windows, he smiled inwardly at the fact that it was a cloudless blue day. It was the perfect day to see how Eleanor ran.

"Look, I have to run into the city today to get a few things. But, if you need anything, my number is by Henry's phone, so let me know if you want me to come help with inventory or something in a few hours. It was good to finally meet you Shelby. See you around Helen."

He almost felt guilty about just running out, but he wanted to see if his work had paid off or not. Plus, he wanted to get out of the dinner. Liam nodded in farewell to Helen, briefly smiling at her before departing. He stepped out of the cafe and instantly relaxed, his frame was still upright and solid, but his jawline wasn't so tense and his shoulders were more relaxed. The sun felt good against his bare arms and the ocean breeze tickled around him.

-----

Shane's words left her unexpectedly thrilled. Though, in reality, it shouldn't have been unexpected. Since she was young she had constantly sought to be a memorable person, or, at least, have a memorable face. The latter was easy enough for her, but she had to work on having a memorable personality until she was seven and even now, she felt forgettable most of the times.

"Shane, Duke is a prestigious school," she began calmly, a slow smile teasing its way onto her features as she continued, "So obviously they only hire the most presumptuous, arrogant people as professors. But, as brilliant as you? Definitely not."

Adriana hadn't cared for the majority of her professors. Her brother had assured her that it was simply because she was taking classes that had nothing to do with her major, but she disagreed. Each one had had this quality about them that made them unapproachable to her. The majority of them had thought they were more intelligent than they were and taught in such a way that was difficult to follow for someone who hadn't ever had a class in the subject before and the assignments and tests were nearly impossible to do well on.

Kyler tapped the screen entering her name into the contacts then quickly entered the numbers as Reece dictated them to him. His brown eyes flickered from the phone up to her beautiful face and a smile crept across his lips. While she spoke he slipped his phone back into his front pocket. "I won't know how much it will cost until i actually know what's wrong with it." He took a step back towards the line knowing that this little meeting was taking too long and he was anxious to talk with his sister. "And the cost of me stopping buy is free cause now i have a pretty girl's number." The corny charm took a lunge forward with his flirty words and his sweet half smile.

He glanced over his shoulder to Helen who was still speaking but by the looks of it the meeting was almost over. "Sorry, but i gotta go. I'll see you soon, Reece." His fingers felt over his phone which still sat in his pocket. At last Kyler gave a good-bye smile to Reece and turned to the line. Helen glanced to him and silently he knew she was telling him that she was just going to be a minute more.

--

A smile rose from Helen soft pink lips when Shelby spoke about hiring the dog, it made her imagine Malibu standing upright stocking selfs while wearing a colored vest with his name written on it. The image made her giggle. Along with her jokes Shelby's smile comforted Helen so she was comfortable reaching out to shake her hand. "Helen First. Nice to meet you." The words were polite like her others and she smiled to her as they shook.

After Liam spoke his name, she silently repeated it in her head a couple times while remember the couple of times she has talked to him or heared his name. Helen's auburn eyes flickered over his features as he spoke about leaving. She nodded with a smile when he said goodbye to her and watched him leave. At that moment she made eye contact with Kyler and tried to give him that looks that says, 'just give me a moment.'

Noah listened attentively to her, his golden eyes flicking from her eyes, to her lips and then around her whole face, trying not to make her uncomfortable by staring at her. When she scooted over in the booth, he instantly sat down beside, comfortably turning to face her, his arm draped over the back of the booth. He wanted the food that Will had taken with him, but catching up with Kat seemed much more enticing right then.

He picked up on the frustration in her voice as she compared her artwork to her brother's schooling. Most parents didn't see the value in majoring in art, even if it was their child's passion. His parents had been the complete opposite, always encouraging him to go to art school in Savannah or in Chicago, but after they died he had stayed with Will in Camden.

"That sounds amazing. The fact that your work is already in European galleries is incredible," he said earnestly, his lips curving into a sincere smile. Noah was mildly jealous that she was getting to travel and explore her artwork while he was stuck, but he pushed that feeling away. His smile turned more friendly and open as he continued, "I might have seen you in a couple of magazines that your mom might have given to me."

"Really? You spoke to my mom recently? "

Kat was taken by surprise by this, her mom wasn't too social since her work seemed to be the main family focus. But, it was true that her mom was trying to stay at home more and spend time at the beach from what her brother had told her. She actually hadn't even talked to her upon arrival since everyone was gone by the time she had woken up earlier this morning.

Kat smiled as Noah sat down, she blushed slightly as she noticed him looking at her. She was used to it afterall, but she was mainly looked at as advertisement possibilities, not in ways of attraction.

"Maybe if you have time you can help me with my surfing? It's been quite a while, I have a board and all but not much time to practice last summer. It'd be fun."

"You didn't think I was presumptuous? Or even a little bit arrogant?" Shane pouted, pausing to place another flyer in a mailbox. He didn't get how some teachers just didn't care about their students. I mean you know what you're getting into when you sign up for the job and if you don't love it why bother? He realized that at a school like Duke teaching was just something professors did on the side, something they had to do in order to carry on with your research. But still, if you were excited about the subject how could you not get excited about sharing your knowledge with a group of people that were there to learn? Shane just didn't get it.

---

"Nice to meet you Helen," Shelby nodded. She watched the girl glance over at a guy who appeared to be waiting and took that as her cue. "I've got to head over to the store, but if you have time today maybe stop by so we can figure out a schedule and pay and all that. I'll probably be around until four or five maybe. If the front door is locked just head around back and use the delivery door." She adjusted her bag on her shoulder and took a step towards the door, "It's Brooks hardware though, right across the street," Shelby added before slipping outside.

She walked slowly across the street, tilting her face towards the sun and breathing in the salty ocean air. A light playful breeze tugged at her loose curls and Shelby glanced wistfully towards the ocean. It was a perfect day for sailing and all she really wanted was to just ignore the store so she could spend the rest of the day on the water. But Shelby was, in theory, a grown up now which meant that she couldn't just run away from her problems (or sail away, as the case had always been).

Begrudgingly, Shelby let herself into the store, locking the front door behind her. She grabbed a roll of register tape and tore off a long section, she grabbed a pen and wandered around the store as she began to compile a to do list.

Reece smiled and nodded as he said he wouldn't know how much it would be. She couldn't help but let out a small giggle at his corny line. She was always a sucker for those.

"Ok and thank you soooo much. Bye." Reece said and walked out of small coffee shop into the sunny day and let a smile cross her lips. She looked from side to side, trying to decide which way she wanted to go. Shrugging she took a right and walked down the side walk just looking at the shops, making mental notes of which she wanted to visit.

Reece also watched the people in the town and how the mingled with each other. She got many smiles from older women who were just being nice and Reece smiled back, knowing that they had some one new to talk about. Reece wasn't going in any particular direction and took many twists and turns, she finally stopped and looked around.

"Well shoot! Now I'm lost." Reece said lightly biting her lip and looking around for something she knew, which wasn't helping. At all.

"Well, not while you were teaching. But now that you mention it, you are fairly presumptuous and definitely arrogant."

Adriana laughed softly at his pout, shaking her head slightly at him. He was way too cool to be her brother's friend. The farther along the street they walked, the closer they got to the approach that she desired to go to. It was usually the least crowded with tourists and few locals her age went there because there wasn't anyone to hit on or hang out with, which was exactly what she wanted right then.

"It was nice catching up with you and all, but the beach is too close for me to be wearing this much clothing. I'll see you around though," she said with a warm smile, "Good luck passing those out, I'll make sure to give one to my parents."

She called the last part out over her shoulder as she headed up the weather-worn wooden steps that led to the beach. The smell and salt air had been teasing her since she'd left the drip and as soon as her feet hit the soil her entire body seemed to hum with renewed energy and life. A small smile still sat on her lips from her conversation with Shane as she laid out her towel and peeled off her dress, the small, teal bikini revealing her smooth skin. Adriana immediately headed to the water, dipping her toe in timidly before plunging into the rippling tide.

-----

The wind slipped easily through Liam's blonde hair as he drove to the city. Eleanor was running extremely well, her engine seemed to purr beneath the hood no matter what he asked her to do. It was difficult to maintain the speed limit in the coupe, and he constantly found himself having to check himself. Once in the larger city of Hampton, that sat twenty minutes away from Camden, he picked up a few things that Camden didn't readily have available and visited his grandfather.

The drive back was just as relaxing as the drive into the city had been. He liked just driving around, with music in the background of course, it provided more solace for him than the beach every could. The trip hadn't been that long, nor entirely worth it, but he had proved that Eleanor ran perfectly, which made it completely worth it. As he was driving back into town he noticed the girl Kyler had been talking to earlier looking fairly lost; which made sense seeing as she was new and she was in a part of town that few locals ever went.

Liam deliberated about helping her or not. It wasn't that he was trying to be mean by not helping her, just that he loathed talking to people he didn't know. Henry was the only thing that had prompted him to talk to Shelby that morning, though that hadn't turned out too badly. He smiled at the thought of helping her out in the store, it would be a nice change from his usual routine of cars. After another moments hesitation, he pulled his car over to the shoulder beside where she was standing.

"Are you lost?" he asked politely, raising his voice over the noise of the engine and trying to make sure his words carried to her.

Edited by *Magikal*Wish*

After finishing her iced coffee, Dacey grabbed her wallet, keys, and phone then began to weave her way through the crowd to the door with Malibu not far behind. After finally reaching the door she stepped out into the sunshine and sighed with relief. She shaded her eyes with a pair of neon blue aviators, then opened the door to her Impala. Malibu jumped casually in as Dacey shut the door and turned the key. Her car roared to life, catching a few surprised glances from the people outside the Drip. She smiled, loving her car as she backed out of the spot and peeled out of the parking lot. She headed towards her house to drop off the home improvement items, then she wanted to hit the beach.

"Just when she came out to the beach," he said with a casual shrug, hoping that he hadn't said something to perturb her.

Noah grinned at her suggestion, he was always up for surfing. He enjoyed the almost defensive way that she declared it would be fun, as though he would ever have thought any differently. His stomach rumbled again, as though reminding him that he hadn't eaten yet that morning. Noah flashed her a brief, hesitant smile, nearly embarrassed by his hunger.

"Sorry, I have to go and eat. I don't know what you're doing today, but I should be back at my house in thirty minutes or so. Just come by whenever you want to go out; if no one answers, just come on inside. It was good seeing you, Kat."

The last comment softened his features slightly before he slid out of the booth.

Will had already scarfed down his food and was waiting impatiently for his twin. He watched Dacey leave with her dog, somewhat curious about her. Kyler and Helen were fairly dynamic siblings and he liked to watch them interact as well. He was lost in his own thoughts when Noah slid across from him.

"She's hot," Will said unabashedly, "Are you going to get with that?"

"Will," Noah said warningly, choosing not to answer the question.

"Oh come on, like that wasn't all you were thinking about when you were talking to her-"

"Actually the thought never really crossed my mind."

"Liar."

Noah glared at his brother before eating the lukewarm breakfast. Will continued to berate his brother about Kat, amused by how flustered he got whenever Will brought up things like this. They walked back to the house; Noah annoyed with Will and Will amused by his teasing. As soon as they arrived at the house, Will changed and headed out to the beach, just walking around, occasionally stopping to chat with someone.

Noah, on the other hand, headed into the kitchen, grumbling about the state of things. He grabbed his father's old tool box and went under the sink, working on the pipes. Even in the air conditioning, the heat became nearly unbearable and Noah stripped off his shirt, tossing it carelessly across the room; at least it was somewhat cooler that way.

"It was nice talking to you as well. I should be up soon I need to go and change."

Kat smiled politely. Looking down at her clothing she one, obviously didn't have her suit on, and two, could be described as nothing more than a mess. She watched Noah go and sit across from Will before sliding out of the booth and tossing her trash and heading home.

Town wasn't too far from the beach, it literally sat on it, so it didn't take Kat too long to get home. The house was still deserted, but that wasn't anything new and it already felt like home again as if she had never even left for school four years ago.

Standing in front of her full mirror, Kat stripped from the jeans and tank top she'd thrown on just an hour ago and took a minute to decide what she'd wear to the beach. Surfing wasn't a fashion statement but she decided to wear her favorite black bikini anyways with a short sleeve wet suit top. She spritzed her hair with 'beachy' hairspray and threw that in her bag along with a few other things and a towel before stepping into her flip flops and heading for the garage. Her board was obviously right where she had left it, almost brand new, expensive, and barely used.

Noah's house was almost steps away, since he lived right up on the beach as well. Kat could see him through the back porch window, under the sink, his shirt lay across the kitchen. She went to knock but paused and just pushed open the door, loud enough to let him know that she was there without scaring him to death and then spoke.

"Are you actually fixing anything down there? Or making something fixable to waste some time?"

She said through a laugh, pulling her hair into a ponytail with her fingers then letting it back down across her shoulders.

Dacey unloaded her car impatiently, putting everything in a heap on the living room floor. Life is too short to be an organization freak and she wasn't about to start now. Lamp shades crowded her couch, buckets of paint surrounded the table, rugs, wallpaper, light bulbs, and the rest of the hardware store was scattered on her living room floor. After her car was free of the clutter, she went through her closet in search of a skim board. "I know there is one in here!" she gasped, struggling to keep the closet from caving in. After successfully retrieving a skim board, Dacey grabbed her keys and locked the door behind her. Malibu waited impatiently in the passenger seat.

Dacey reached the beach within minutes, parking her Impala on the side of the road. This was her favorite spot - no tourists and hardly any locals. She grabbed her skim board and beach bag then headed down the trail of beach grass, cacti, and palm trees until finally she reached the shore. Dacey could only see a few people on the beach which was fine with her. She set down her bag, took off her tank and shorts, then jogged down to the water.

After taking a short dive, Dacey threw her skim board into the surf and smoothly jumped on. She let the waves push her down shore, then pull her back out into break. He board finally hit sand just as she bailed. Malibu barked with excitement "That was pretty good, huh girl!" As a second set approached, Dacey waited for the right moment to throw her board and ride.

Edited by cowgurlxxxx

Reece stood still biting her lip. She had really done it this time, first day in a new town and she was already lost. A voice from her right caused her to jump a little. She saw a boy that was talking to a girl in the coffee shop today and smiled.

"Yeah, just a lot." Reece said with a small laugh and her cheeks flushed in embarassment. "I was trying to get a feel for the town and totally got myself lost. Would it be too much trouble to ask for a ride home? I can walk back home after I get into town.". Reece asked, really hoping that this guy would help her out and not drive away laugh. That's something that would have happened to her in California.

(OOC: sorry if there is mistakes. My Internet is down so I'm stuck on my Itouch.)

Noah heard the door swing open but didn't move immediately, instead he finished tightening the pipe with a final tug of the wrench. Her words were muffled, but he caught enough of them to get the drift of what she was saying and chuckled slightly. He pulled himself out from under the sink and raised slowly, not wanting all the blood to rush to his head.

"Actually, I just fixed it," he said, turning the tap on as if to prove his point, "See, no drip."

He crossed the kitchen to the fridge and grabbed two bottles of water, offering one of them to Kat with his easy smile. Noah took a long sip of the cold water, finding it to be more cooling than air conditioning could ever be.

"Nice board," he said, rapping it softly as he walked by her, "Let me go and change and I'll be right back."

Noah left her in the kitchen and headed down the hallway to his room. It was the same one he'd had since high school and the only thing that had changed was the bedspread; he had finally upgraded to a sophisticated dark blue comforter. He stripped out of the shorts he was wearing and pulled on a new pair of swim trunks. During the afternoon he tended to not wear a wetsuit of any sort, not needing it in the smaller waves.

"Ready?" he asked when he re-entered the kitchen.

"As ready as I'll ever be."

Kat grinned, taking a long sip of water before placing the bottle into her bag and heading towards the door, holding it open for Noah.

"Just remember that it's been awhile, so don't expect too much from me."

The sand was as hot as the sun but her feet had always adjusted to the grainy warmth. The ocean ahead was a sound of its own, the waves were always such a relaxing rhythm, easy to pick up with a paint brush on canvas. Though Kat had spent most of her days at the beach darkening her skin or working on her art she was a natural swimmer. Swimming in the dead of super was better than lounging in the AC.

Kat's first reaction was to not even wait for Noah, she lay her board and bag down with her towel before diving through her first wave of the summer. The water was a refreshing temperature and the current was extremely mild based on the decent size of the waves. She smoothed her hands through her hair and looked back to shore, easing her way out and back towards Noah.

Helen made eye contact with Shelby as she spoke making sure that everything she said was actually processed inside Helen's head instead of just listening to words that go in and out. When Shelby spoke about the store being across the street, Helen looked through the glass to the building. She remembered it from back when she used to live in Camden, and as though it may seem that wasn't long ago. "I'll try to stop by." She smiled as Shelby turned and left, watching her walk outside and bask in the sun before focusing to Kyler.

He stepped forward with a soft smile; Helen could tell he really missed her. "Hey lil'sis." Kyler wrapped his arms around Helen, which made her remember how small she always felt compared to him because he squeezed her small frame. Playfully she wrapped her arms around his waist and tried to squeeze back as hard as she could. Their hug fell and Kyler stepped back with a laugh, "I see art school hasn't given you any more muscles." He pinched at the tops of her arms as if looking for muscles and she pulled away annoyed by his taunts.

"Kyler!" Her voice was whinny like they were kids again; Helen had really missed her brother. They both laughed before she spoke again, "Get something to drink and a..." Her voice trailed off as he glanced up at the menu deciding what she wanted to eat. "A BLT. No cheese." Flashing him a guilty smile knowing that Kyler was going to give her crap that he had to buy them lunch, she skipped over to the table as he rolled his eyes at her.

When the two siblings got together they became like kids again. Helen looked around the cafe flashing back to old memories from when she was a little girl, it made her smile. It was just a few minutes before Kyler arrived at the table with a cup in one hand and a plate with the sandwich in the other. He sat down also setting the food in front of his sister then stirred his coffee as cloud of steam rose from it.

"Making new friends in an old town, huh sis?" Light eyes glanced from his coffee to his sister with a smile while he spoke.

Helen bit into the sandwich then paused to chew some before covering her mouth with her hand and speaking, "Yeah, That was Shelby and Liam. Ya'know Liam, right? It was about a job over at the hardware store, i figured it'd keep me busy so i don't have to hang out with my grease monkey of a brother all summer." The words were slightly mumbled as she chewed, but Helen still giggled after her joking words.

"HA! HA!" Kyler sarcastically laughed at Helen's playful jokes as he reached for the sandwich, they were always like this. "Yeah, i know Liam, we actually work together. Haven't you always had a little crush on him?" A smile crawled across his lips before the other half of the BLT was shoved into them.

"Nooo." The word was drug out showing that she was guilty of liking him but would never admit it. "I've always been shy around all your friends." She looked down as she continued to eat. They sat there for about an hour catching up on how Helen was doing in school or how Kyler broke up with his girlfriend weeks ago. They poked fun at each other every once and a while laughed like little kids again.

OCC: Sorry, it was so long. I have been gone and is leaving in another couple of day so i thought i would catch up on some writing. I will post a small posted maybe tomorrow. I kind of have an addiction. kthanks (:

Edited by Inkybabee

Noah watched Kat's movements as she dove into the water, grinning slightly at her independence. He liked that she didn't wait for him and didn't make him feel as though he needed to wait for her. Tucking his board into the sand, he ran his fingers along the nose, trying to determine if there were any new dings on it. His attention was diverted as Kat came towards him.

"Isn't the water great?" he asked, his gentle, crooked smile sloping onto his features.

He waited long enough for a response before heading into the water. Noah stepped into the warming ocean, the salt spray splashing his face and shoulders gently as he straddled his board. He didn't know how much he would actually surf, he was much more interested in watching Kat surf.

Noah knew that she had mentioned that she would be rusty, but that was something he knew would probably be easy to overcome. Growing up on the beach meant that surfing was a part of their genes and it came naturally to most of them. Once Kat pulled up along side him he grinned over at her and nudged her with his foot under the water.

"Go and catch one and I'll try and help you as best I can," he offered, shrugging slightly. Noah didn't know how much help she wanted, or if she, like him, simply wanted to hang out. "But I want to hear more about Europe and what you've been up to at some point."

"The water's nice..I've been missing it."

Kat said, looking over the water. She watched Noah go in not soon after, straddling his board and wading out over the waves of the ocean. What she really meant to say was how she seemed to realize how she had missed out all those years in high school when she never made any attempt to hang out with anyone, let alone Noah. But that was behind her now, literally 4 years ago and she was all about taking things one step at a time.

Lifting her board out of the sand, she rested it at her hip and waded in the water before easing herself onto the board swimming out to meet Noah.

"Well let's see how I take to my first wave then you can ask me whatever you'd like."

Kat had a way of being the slightest bit stubborn when it came to getting to know anyone. Questions always broke the ice and got them into conversation.

Swimming out she waited for what seemed to be a decent wave and her body adjusted to the motion of surfing once again. Hopping up on the board, she got into her 'stance' with a good grasp of balance as the wave rolled towards the shore. Kat pretty much surprised herself with how good the first wave went, but growing up in Camden on the beach your whole life, you seem to pick up surfing as a natural talent.

"Not bad."

A grin passed over Shane's face as Adriana mentioned her desire to shed her clothing. What he wouldn't follow her to the beach- if only just to see how much she was actually going to remove. Instead, he said a quick good bye and continued in the opposite direction. Shane only had one more street to go and as much as he wanted to hit the beach, he also wanted to be done with the flyers. As he handed them out, he paused to talk to a couple of locals who felt the need to get him caught up all of the recent gossip. Though Shane's mind was elsewhere, he caught that Kat was back from her stint in Europe and Kyler's younger sister was back in town too. According to Mr. Werner there were entirely too many young people in Camden.

Shane, being Shane, knew that he had to get everyone together to hang out again ASAP, so he sent out a quick text: "Party at the Spot tonight. Spread the word!" The Spot was a piece of waterfront property just outside of town. Shane's property had bought the land several years ago when the housing market had actually been decent with the intention of building a new beach house for the family. It was only after they purchased the undeveloped property that they found out they could not build on it due to some environmental regulations. They had never bothered with selling it again, so over the years it had turned into a private beach hangout for Shane and his friends. The Spot was far enough from the road and other houses that no one really cared about what they did and they didn't have to keep it down at all either. Over the years the beach had acquired a bonfire pit, a volleyball net, beer pong table and a garbage can.

Shane sent the text to Liam, of course, along with Kyler and Will, figuring that each would pass the message along to their siblings. Not sure whether Dacey was working or not, he sent the text to her as well. With that planned, he continued on his way, already thinking about that night.

The square red plate that once carried a yummy sandwich now was empty sitting in the center of the table. Helen was telling a story about school as her brother surprisingly sat engaged in her silly stories. "In November there was this street fair down on the board walk, i went down with some friends and had the best time. That was when i-" She paused when an overly loud guitar solo broke into the air. Big auburn eyes traced down to Kyler's jeans which seemed to be the source of the noise. Flinching from surprise, Kyler started to search around feeling his pockets for his phone. By the time he pulled at his little black phone, the sound had stopped.

Kyler set it on the table touching the screen with a finger to open the text message that interrupted the two siblings. He smiled after reading the message and looked up at his sister, "There's a party tonight at The Spot. Shane is throwing it. You know Shane?" He raised an eyebrow but Helen just shook her head 'no.' "Well, you wanna go?" Kyler's eyes looked back down to his phone as he touched the 'reply' button to Shane but waited for his sister to answer him before typing.

"Um. Sure. I wanted to head down to the beach today, maybe take some picture or whatever else i decide to do." Her full lips curled up into a playful smile before sipping the last bit of her sweet drink. "Just text me when you are going to be there, i mean, i don't want to go alone. Where's it at by the way, i don't think I?ve been down there before?" As Helen spoke she stood up to through away her cup.

Kyler paused before speaking as he tapped away at his phone telling Shane that both he and his sister will be attending the party. As he stood to slide his phone back into his pocket, he recited the directions to The Spot. Their meeting was finnished with a hug but as Kyler left he remembered that he had to text Reece. "I'm on my way over. See you soon." There was a moment where Kyler almost forgot where she had said she lived, but quickly started on his way in the direction to her house.

Helen left with the idea of the beach and a camera in mind. She skipped to her car, and pulled out heading for the upper side of the beach by all the big rich homes-where she grew up. Really, she could have just walked but she didn't want to leave her 'baby' at the coffee shop. There was a small place to park just about a block away from where the warm sand started. Helen stood there in the sand, the warmth of the sun and sand felt all too familiar to her.

Around the thin shoulders of the younger girl hung a Kodak SLR camera, one of her favorite cameras to use. She walked a few minutes across the sand pausing to take a snap shot of the sun or the way the waves crashed against the rocks. The sound of Noah and Kat talking in the water caught Helen's attention, and she turned to take a shot of the two smiling at each other-she always loved how people looked when they smiled. Soon she grew bored with walking so took a nice warm seat in the sand, right by the water so her toes would get wet in the waves pushed up far enough. A guy walking down on the sand sparked the perfect moment to take a picture. Looking at the screen she recognized the boy as Will Vaughn, who she only new from one class they had together in high school.

Reece felt her phone vibrate constantly in her pocket meaning that she had gotten a text. She saw that it was from Kyler and a smile spread to her pink lips, until she remembered she was lost. She looked at the guy in the car and decided that walking would be better. "Actually I'll have a friend help me, but thanks for offering." Reece said while walking away, not waiting for a reply but texting Kyler, Give me a moment, I got myself lost. If I'm not there, I'll be there at some point. Sorry! Sending the message, she slipped her phone back into the small pocket of her shorts and tried to find her way back into town, praying that she wasn't getting herself more lost.