Sign in to follow this  
GlowingTrickPony

Cinch Idea's For A Childs Saddle

anybody know of a "store" that sells a cinch that can fit a childs tiny 12" saddle on a 16 hand horse" I'm thinking draft size? So any of you Drafty's post what you do please? [bat Eyelashes] thanks!

ok.. I know 36"is not going to cut it! ok! drafty folks what do you use? 2 -34's hook'd together? [ROTFL] just can't seem to find a web-site that offer's something long enough...now I have a english "draft" girth but it won't hook to the single leather billet on the saddle...I wonder if there is some kind of converter?

Edited by GlowingTrickPony

You simply put longer billets on the saddle! I know there are converters for girths, if you can find them.

Edited by ozland

thanks Oz that is what i was try'n to find? they make them for Ausie saddles but not for western..odd ha? cause I know the english draft girth is long enough it just won't hook on. I need something that converts a billet(one to 2 buckles)

just put a regular tie strap on both sides instead of an off-billet that might be too short and use a regular western girth. then you can have the length you need.

you could make a converter easily. the ring off an old girth (or buy one in that size) on a piece of leather with two straps for buckling into the english girth.

Or just remove the buckles and put on an western one.

thanks! lots of Idea's I did get one from the Expo(where the saddle was from) and she said to just replace the off billets with longer ones then I could use my reg. girth! that seems the most cost effective. [Yay]