Sign in to follow this  
chino is neato007

Rest In Peace, Daddy

Chino, I am so sorry for your loss. I hope your family can find peace and move on to find security, stability and the happiness that you've long deserved. I can't imagine being in your shoes...but I have to think that perhaps his swift passing was his final gift to your family. That doesn't make it easier. I'm so sorry. ((hugs))

I'm sorry to hear the news. I hope he finds the peace that he seemed to be looking for and I hope your family finds some peace also

Thank for the hugs, we appreciate it so so much.

My mom hadn't been able to find his wedding ring since he was admitted three weeks ago, and today she finally found it. She's wearing it on a chain around her neck.

Elliott is down for a nap, so we'll pack and head out for my grandparent's when he wakes up.

This morning we packed the photo albums to bring with, and cried as we paged through them. I had never even seen some of the pictures! He looked so healthy and filled out, and unfortunately he deteriorated the past few years.

We picked out his outfit.. the suit they got married in, and the tie us girls gave him this past Christmas. For flowers, my mom wants yellow roses and other colorful flowers. They had yellow roses at their wedding.

We'll put a train in his casket, he loves those trains.

As for the slideshow, we've chosen 'La Marseilles' (sp??) and a couple Rolling Stones songs. He LOVED jamming out to the Rolling Stones! And he'd march around, high-stepping to La Marseilles.

Thank you all again.. I can't say it enough.

MondaesMom said it best.

You have my deepest sympathy. Losing a parent is so hard. [Angel]

[Huggy] [Huggy]

I'm so terribly sorry to hear this [Huggy] The memorial service sounds like it will be beautiful and healing for you and your family [Angel]

Sorry this has happened. He is at peace now and you will get on with your life. Never forget the good times and let go of the bad.

[Huggy] [Angel]

My heart goes out to you Chino. As well as to your family. I hope that the memorial for your Father is a turning point for your family. I hope all of those memories remind you of the man he was, not the shell alcoholism turned him into.

Take care of yourself. Please. My thoughts are with you. [Huggy]