Sign in to follow this  
Shannonp73432

Last American Cowboy

Has anyone watched it? I have watched a few episodes so far it is pretty cool. I like seeing how they do things in Montana. It would be neat if they did different seasons in different states.

I have watched it once, but it was a couple episodes in a row. I liked it. I just never seem to be able to watch it.

I forgot it came on but I had set my DVR to record it. When I was going through recordings this morning I saw it and watched it. I like it.

We've been recording it and have seen all but the first episode, which we missed.

I don't know the Stucky ranch at all, but i sold ads to Galt ranch (they have a QH breeding operation as well) when i worked for the Montana Horseman's Journal and the Hughes Ranch is our "neighbor", which means they live in our county, LOL. Our town, actually. Jay delivers their mail.

Here's the Galt Ranch website: Galt Ranch

And the Hughes Ranch site: Hughes Mountain Ranch

The show is really neat but i know from talking to Jane Hughes (Scott's mom) that there are times when it's not quite "reality". Not scripted, but they'll be asked to do something not quite in character. Mostly little things. They narrate it to make every little thing dramatic, as most shows do. They make every single minor thing into a production when most folks just go about their business, no big deal.

I have to say though, it's a lot of fun to see people we know on TV, and not the local news! LOL

Bumper

i love the show & "last Chance Highway" thats on right after! i try to watch whenever i get a chance. my only problem, ive never seen so many worthless cattle dogs. they never do anything. i would boot the s.o.b.s of the 4 wheeler &/or truck!

Edited by fastfilly79

I had 3 episodes to catch up on last night...hubby's been on vacation so I miss my shows.

Bumper...yep, when they dramatize situations, I remind myself the show is made for city folk who don't know any better.

That's so cool that you know the Hughes.

i love the show & "last Chance Highway" thats on right after! i try to watch whenever i get a chance. my only problem, ive never seen so many worthless cattle dogs. they never do anything. i would boot the s.o.b.s of the 4 wheeler &/or truck!

I have to ditto the worthless cattle dog part. My hubby and I were like, "Kick that dog off of the four wheeler and put it to work." On the newest episode they were earning their keep though.

We only have two goats and I make Nikki earn her keep by moving them and putting them back in when they get out. I would defiantly make her work if we had that many head of cattle.

That is cool Bump that they are your "neighbors".

I've been recording it on the DVR so I don't miss it and have been wondering how close they are to Bumper.

Maybe Banger can make an appearance on an episode.. [Crazy] [ROTFL]

Best show on the tube right now. Be good for lots of kids to see ranchers in action, calves being pulled and the real emotion you see when they lose one. Maybe a few will figure out where that McDonalds hamburger came from.

Did anyone watch last night? Did you see the preview for next week's show? Looks like someone got injured in a crash - one of the Stucky's?? And I thought I saw them putting the dog into the back of a SUV. I don't normally get caught up in these shows, but it really upset me! What do you think????

Did anyone watch last night? Did you see the preview for next week's show? Looks like someone got injured in a crash - one of the Stucky's?? And I thought I saw them putting the dog into the back of a SUV. I don't normally get caught up in these shows, but it really upset me! What do you think????

I googled last night in order to see what happened. Cal Stucky got hurt pretty bad.

http://www.mtstandard.com/news/local/artic...ed39886bdb.html

http://www.mtstandard.com/news/local/artic...c65187a798.html

Edited by Sorrel1

Fastfilly and Red Flame, do you not know that the main job of ranch dogs is to ride around in the back of pickups, 4 wheelers or ATV's? I look like a circus going down the road with at least 2 dogs in the back of the truck, one in the cab (Tiger, the pit, who according to him is the head dog and therefore too good to ride in the back of the truck), and one following, (Daisy, the catahoula who has trust issues). :tongue9:

I watched it. I heard them say Cal Stucky, 32min for flight ETA @ hospital, with facial lacerations and possible head/neck injury. The crash scene vehicles looked *mangled* with the cabs impossibly crushed and I noticed Cal had the blue/white 2H bumperpull w/ him, in addition to the dogs.

I searched online and could find NOTHING other than a "competitor's prayer wheel' with no information. Sorrel, thanks for posting links, off to read.

Nothing worthless about a dog who stays out of the cattle when he's not wanted. When they want them, they put them to work. I know Hughes' dogs aren't pampered pets, they are working dogs. If they don't work, they find a new home. If they run the cattle when they aren't supposed to, they find a new home or get lead poisoning. I'm sure it's the same with Galts and Stuckys.

The branding episode (last one i watched, i'm behind) was neat because i kept going, "OH! there's Joe! And Levi! oh and there's..." LOL you get the picture. Most of the guys helping Scott brand were Hutterites from the colony near him.

ETA: "aren't" instead of "are"

Bumper

Edited by Bumper

When I mentioned that I thought I saw them putting the dog into the back of the SUV, it was during the accident footage, and I was wondering if the dog was injured or killed in the accident. That's what it looked like.

I have searched too and can't find any updates on Cal since a fundraiser in September 2009 for his medical bills. I wish I knew more!

Yes, I saw that, too. B/w long-haired dog w/ a rope twisted around its' muzzle in a make-shift muzzle so the person could lift it (obviously injured) into the back of an SUV at the crash-site.

The visual of those two trucks. Man! Chilling.

I was horrified at the ending! I just kept thinking OH Lord, no!!! He has young daughters ......I do so hope he will be ok. According to the link above, the other driver fell asleep at the wheel and drove into his lane...is that right? Gosh, What a horrible thing to happen!!

I DVR it every week ...I do enjoy the show. The Hughes feller is not very nice to his wife at times. But who knows who goes on in a family, right?

Thanks Bump I am trying to sort it out. :)

Edited to add: Well, crap someone has to get cut... but who? [Duh]

Edited by Red Flame