Nikki Livermore

Miniature Horse Photo Contest For August

I have a really cool book here as a prize ... "The Big Book of Small Equines" and I will probably throw in a few other Horsecity.com fun stuff for the winner.

MY RULES

1. Main subject of image MUST be a miniature horse, burro, mule or donkey. Non-applicable or offensive images will be removed.

1. One photo per member can be submitted. Choose carefully.

2. Winner will be chosen based on creativity, composition, focus, use of light and overall visual appeal.

3. Deadline to submit is August 31, 2010 at midnight. (if entries are "light" I have the right to extend this deadline)

4. You must have captured the image. No breaking copyrights allowed. No restriction as to when the photo was taken.

5. Please post directly into this thread. (We don't want to click a million links) And keep the image sized small enough to fit here nicely.

Good luck and have fun!

(oh, I'm judging and I do not accept bribes) :winking:

[Yay]

Edited by Nikki-HorseCityAdmin

OK, so we just post them here in this thread? and is there a restriction on how old the picture can be? because I have one from winter before last I'd like to enter. :-)

(I don't normally do these, but I want that book, lol!!!)

OK, so we just post them here in this thread? and is there a restriction on how old the picture can be? because I have one from winter before last I'd like to enter. :-)

(I don't normally do these, but I want that book, lol!!!)

I edited my "rules" up there. No restriction on when it was taken.

I will add that (for those of you who don't know) I am a professional photog so I'm rather picky. :happy0203: The winner will be an image that makes me say "Wow"

I have a few things here that I'd like to do contests for over the next few months so this will not be the only one that I do. :grin:

Toby the wonder mini! His secret disguise is his layer of blubber.....but he's a cart-pullin monkey!! Best babysitter ever!!

7586Toby2.jpg

This is Eddie,Patches & Dixie!!! This was just taken after their spring hair cuts!! All three are broke to drive.....we love our mini's!!!!! They are so much fun

post-55319-1281013695_thumb.jpg

I will add that (for those of you who don't know) I am a professional photog so I'm rather picky. :happy0203: The winner will be an image that makes me say "Wow"

I totally don't actually expect to win anyway, lol, I just like to use this picture every chance i get because I love it!

Whirlwind Star Mary, 32 inches of bigger than life attitude, in her winter fur coat provin' how good her insulation is, lol:

brrr4.jpg

I guess I'll add this one to the group. It's one of my favorites of Rocky and hubby. Hubby had gone into the truck to get more carrots, and Rocky decided to "help" find them.

RockMatt.jpg

Here is Rose Points Huckleberry Finn..... my 2010 colt out of my favorite mare Circle J Forever Yourz (Pepsi!.) .... huck was out for his daily run when he picked a dandi lion and posed for a picture!

June1320109.jpg

Hi Nikki a FB friend told me about your Mini Photo Contest so I would like to offer this image into the contest it is of Cupcake, a bay Miniature Horse gelding, and his Percheron buddy, Mike, playing kiss-me in their pasture at the Blue Star Equiculture sanctuary for retired carriage and working horses in Palmer, Massachusetts. Photo taken on a beautiful spring day when Cupcake was feeling his oats. Thanx, and good luck to all the photographers/contestants - you picked a fun theme sure to bring in lots of great images!

L.A. Pomeroypost-55333-1281114833_thumb.jpg

Edited by LA Pomeroy

I guess I'll add this one to the group. It's one of my favorites of Rocky and hubby. Hubby had gone into the truck to get more carrots, and Rocky decided to "help" find them.

RockMatt.jpg

I keep coming back to smile at this picture. I seriously love it SOOO much.

Thanks! It's my favorite! I still smile when I look at it. I swear I didn't pose them either. I just always try to have my camera ready to fire when hubby's playing with Rocky at the barn. I haven't seen them do that since.