Cheadle Chick

Pics From The Sidesaddle Clinic!

I thought I'd share some pictures from the clinic this weekend. It was a ton of fun but WOW was I ever sore yesterday. Today is a bit better thankfully. I haven't ridden that much in a weekend for a long time.

We had lessons both days and worked on keeping our horses straight and getting a proper bend to the right using your cane/whip and collecting/lengthening which is sure harder sidesaddle! It was fun though.

gallery_20990_1453_18588.jpg

In the afternoon on saturday we figured we'd go for a tour around the site, I was dying to try out my linen habit. It was sooooo much cooler than the navy blue one, so nice and breathable.

gallery_20990_1453_102746.jpg

Sunday we did our lessons in the rain, I wish I had some pictures of that, everyone was dressed in their long slickers to keep us and the saddles dry. It was still fun though!

Then we did another parade around the ranch to show off for the tourists. We were worried that there wouldn't be anybody out because of the weather but it cleared up about 1:00 and there ended up being a good crowd.

This is another outfit that I hadn't had a chance to try out yet, I just love it! Everyone else was in black or navy blue and then there was me in my purple!

gallery_20990_1453_72086.jpg

gallery_20990_1453_185149.jpg

We performed a quadrille on sunday afternoon which was fun, we all remembered where we were going! lol We all donned our "formal" attire for that.

gallery_20990_1453_189910.jpg

And finally here's a picture of everybody all dressed up.

gallery_20990_1453_41385.jpg

Enjoy!

Just lovely, what fun! [Not Worthy] Your purple outfit is stunning! I love it when you share pictures of your sidesaddle clinics.

Mo's if you want to get into sidesaddle stuff, Marti Friddle at Hundred Oaks in Graham, NC is very involved in the sidesaddle world. I rode at her place years ago when I was doing some sidesaddle. Super nice lady. She also started SouthEast Aside which is a group for area sidesaddle enthusiasts. They put on clinics and have lists of instructors, etc. I'd like to get involved again myself once my life is calmer!

ETA: I think maybe I remember that Cheadle got her saddle from Marti??

Edited by ExtraHannah

Both you and your horse look incredible together!

It sounds like your clinic was fun and really helpful.

Even with the rain!

I've watched some women riding sidesaddle that needed a clinic (or two) but I've never actually seen an advertisement for one. How great to find out that there are sidesaddle clinics available.

Do you ride in horse shows and parades?

As elegant as you look on your horse, you should be first in any class.

That's so very cool! I don't think I'd be brave enough to try that LOL. You look awesome in the purple! Thanks for sharing the pics.

You do look really elegant up there. Like you're off for an enjoyable jaunt through the countryside.

Couldn't have said it better. LOVE LOVE LOVE the outfits!

Well thanks guys! I always love sharing my pictures with my HC buddies! The outfits are so much fun.

Did anyone get a video of your quadrille?

Not that I know of but I'm kindof hoping maybe someone did and I just don't know it.

ETA: I think maybe I remember that Cheadle got her saddle from Marti??

I actually haven't gotten one from Marti but I've spoken with her lots, she's a great lady. So helpful & nice.

Do you ride in horse shows and parades?

I haven't really done all that much as far as shows go yet. I did a demonstration at a big horse expo thing this spring. I"m going to try and go to a show this weekend and do a few flat classes sidesaddle. Should be fun!

I'd love to do parades but I think my mare is a little too nervous/spooky for that unfortunately.

I don't think I'd be brave enough to try that LOL.

I bet you'd be super suprised at how secure riding sidesaddle is! We were out touring on saturday afternoon and my horse decided something was REALLY scary and she did the spin & try to run away maneuver and I didn't feel like I was going anywhere.

I used a friend's sidesaddle years ago and I was surprised at how comfortable it felt too.

I wanted to buy it from her, but it had belonged to her English grandmother and her mom had a fit about her selling it. Her grandmother went foxhunting sidesaddle until she was in her 60s.

Please post photos when you go to the horse show!

Please post photos when you go to the horse show!

I will definitely try and get someone to take some pictures! Hopefully they'll actually judge me, some judges won't. Either way it'll be fun though!

Oh, I do hope they'll judge you! I actually rode with one of Marti's friends, Cynthia. She did all of her showing sidesaddle in open classes. (Well, that and driving. She free leased my SkyPony to show driving for a while). Anyway, she would jump a full course in the Hunter Over Fences against regular riders. I thought that was awesome! [Not Worthy]

I'm another that loves to see your pictures! You both look so beautiful and elegant! [Not Worthy]

When I was a kid working at a hunter/jumper barn there was a lady that came to all the shows. She rode sidesaddle and flew around the courses. She was amazing to watch.

We also have another lady in the area that ride sidesaddle but it has more of a western feel about it. She rides a big grey Arab and they look fantastic together.

You are so cool!!! I would love to do that some day.

Beth says you look like Merry Poppins in your purple outfit :grin:

Love the pics and thanks for the oportunity to show this way to ride to Beth.

So when do you get to join us XC side saddle? It's allowed in the EC rulebook you know ;) Looks like great fun, I bet Sallie would be great for this!

I dunno if I'm brave enough for that yet! I tried jumping a couple of months ago and it's do-able but WOW do you ever get snapped back if you don't stay folded forward for long enough. My lower back was sore for daaaays.

I think we're going to have to try a mini event and at least try the dressage phase sidesaddle! I don't know why AEF changed their rules but they did and sidesaddle isn't allowed at any of their shows anymore. Silly.

I agree though, I think Sallie would be GREAT sidesaddle! Next time I'm down your way, I'll bring the saddle over and we'll give it a try, what do you say?