Sign in to follow this  
jsdkhart

Health ? - Has Anyone Had Their Hands Smell Like Garlic / Onions

Even though you haven't been messing with it?

My left hand has this garlicy / onion smell to it. Not sure why. I have surfed looking for answers, butnot found much. I will be going to the dr when I can, but for now - this is really irritating.

[Question] You haven't been using DMSO have you? I was cleaning out flower beds in our yard and my hands smelled like wild onions next to FOREVER (and I had gloves on)! I washed and washed my hands but the onion smell was slow to go away. Is it only one hand? I have gotten DMSO on my skin and it left an awful smell (AND I swear I could taste it, too!) - kind of garlic/onion smell. Any chemicals you've touched/gotten on your skin? I hope it's something simple and easy to deal with! Best of luck!

Taking herbal supplements can sometimes cause a person to have the smell of garlic or onions on their skin.

Nope. No supplements.

I probably should though. ;)

That is what is so confusing. I have done nothing to my diet or habits. Not feeding garlic to the horses either. So I have no idea what is going on. And it's only my hand. Mostly the fingertips at that.

[bang Head] [surrender]

Try rubbing your hands on stainless steel to remove the smell. Not sure why that works but it does.

Also lemon juice, dawn dishsoap and salt (or baking soda) as a paste....scrub hands.

Can anyone else smell it? If you are the only one who can smell it, it might be brain signals that are messed up.