KrazyTBMare

Dressage Chit Chat #29

Took Bennigan to a dressage show today!

He behaved soooo well. So much better than he has been (he's always fine in the ring, it's the warm - up and leaving his buds that are the problem!). He didn't call to his pasture mate, was looky but never spooks or bucked or anything naughty. He didn't care if 4 horses cantered around him in the warm-up, or if one left and he was alone. All things that normally blow his little TB pea brain. Maybe my big baby is growing up?!

He was a little bit tense at times in the first test, training 3, where you cross centerline 2 times, because he was going right at this halfway hidden gazebo where the photographer was, and kept lifting his head to try and see her better. Overall it was very obedient, could have been a bit more submissive but not too bad.

We were 2nd (lost to a pinto pony and a child, of course!) and got a 66.8%.

2nd ride was 45 minutes later. God bless TBs, who are like "What, another ride? Sounds cool to me!" He was much more relaxed, so I sat the trot in the test, and therefore he was much softer and rounder. He was totally focussed on me, and not the kids on the bleachers, or the pony party. Parts of the test were brilliant- I got an 8 on the free walk, center line and halt, canter departs. My stretchy circle started off AMAZING (he loves them). Totally down and out to his cannon bones, swingy . . . and I took advantage of it- and he couldn't sustain that balance the whole time, so my bad! He only got a 6. It could have been a 9, seriously. The comment was something like "Excellent beginning" haha. A lot of the test was like that- half movements would be excellent, then he'd kind of wander. He's still finding his balance.

Anyway, we won that class with a tenth of a point shy of 70%, and it was the biggest of the day.

So, for him not being a dressage horse, he sure does well at these dressage shows! Can't wait til we hit the events again, he'll blow those other TBs out of the water.

I have pics too! I'll get them up later, and then there are pro pics to come!

And piccytures . . . xpost from HJ.

Well, they are from a dressage show today, but thought you might enjoy. We'll do a jumper show in two weeks!

He was 1st and 2nd, and super duper well behaved! Go on the dressage chit chat if you want the blow by blow, lol.

He's a 7 year old TB, not yet 2 years off the track, still pretty green and babyish, and 17 hands.

His sexy walk. Got an 8!!!

IMG_1690.jpg

IMG_1689.jpg

IMG_1676.jpg

IMG_1659.jpg

IMG_1652.jpg

IMG_1648.jpg

Pretty fall day. He spooked at the gazebo/camera woman twice in the test we got beat.

IMG_1644.jpg

Loves him some stretchy trot. Warming up before the bell. He was a little tense/ tight in his back the first test.

IMG_1642.jpg

That's all until pro pics come in, enjoy!

Thanks Smithereens. I was quite pleased with Beau considering everything. I really do need to get some pics of Bobby. He is such a cool horse. I am thrilled to death with him.

Krazy, you are looking good girl! Way to go. You are such a pretty girl to begin with and I know the weight loss is a hard thing. So been there and done that. My son is 16 years old now and I have been heavy that long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are young and have your whole life ahead of you. I found it to be a matter of will power more than eating, so that is why it is sooooooooo hard to lose weight. Keep up the great work. I can't believe you have been married 4 years now!! Where does the time go? My anniversary next month will be 18 years!!!!!!!

KTM, Bennigan looks fantastic. Great job at the show. Love the pics. Ok, so we need to fly you out here and have you ride Beau and if you like him, get him out there to you! :happy0203:

Had a great lesson today. Worked on keeping him straight in the canter, particularly to the right and then simple changes. Then we worked on medium trot! WOW!!!!!!!!! It was so there and so awesome. I kept glancing in the mirror and was awed by Beau's medium trot work. My trainer has me just do shoulder in out of the corner and then medium trot on the short diagonal. She told me when I do it in a test, since it is such a long waaaaaaay across the long diagonal, to half halt, pretend to do a shoulder in across x, and then send him back and he will make it all the way across much easier. Anyway, I couldn't have been happier with him today.

Then home and we all went for a bike ride. The weather is glorious right now.

Soooo I know I had non exciting pics last time. This is his 3rd ride.

Last week when Jill came over, we ended with a trot circle each way on the lunge. He was perfect.

Today when I went to lunge before getting on, he was very forward and moving out and feeling good (did get his feet done yesterday). Ben and Layla were behind the barn, out of sight, and the neighbors horses were coming over to socialize with them and he was def very interested in what was going on. But he stayed with me and was perfect. Going to the right, he wanted to get silly and gallop off to see Layla and Ben but he never left me, just took a few big steps, and came right back. No silliness or bucking, etc.

Got on and my boarder led us around. Did walk/halt/walk and turns and all. Then we tried trotting again. He was great. Of course un balanced and what not but nothing unexpected. We trotted maybe 5 circles each way. It was GREAT! and comfy!

Then I had Sarah unclip us and we were on our own. Did turns and walking up and down the field. Of course it was easier to get him to move going towards the barn than away. But we are working on joining the leg cues to the verbal cues. My one gf who just had her young horse started this spring reminded me that you can be a little "louder" with the leg cues at first; thinking of how hard you push to get them to move over. So I felt comfortable giving him some good nudges with my leg and since Ive worked on that on the ground, again, no problems.

I knew his attention span was short and esp due to the other horses getting to do MUCH cooler things. So I had him walk away and back 1 time more than Im sure he wanted to. But he did it wonderfully and that was it. He was PERFECT.

Some pics and a quick video of us "unleashed". No trotting, sorry, as it was just me and Sarah and at that time, she was holding the lunge line!

VIDEO

Rex walking u/s

rex1.jpg

rex2.jpg

rex3.jpg

rex4.jpg

rex5.jpg

rex6.jpg

rex7.jpg

rex8.jpg

When my step dad came out to hand Sarah the camera, he just couldnt believe how much Rex just looked like he had been doing that his whole life and looked so comfortable and confident. Hes just blown away that it is his 3rd ride and is just taking it all in stride. ([me too but I knew he was special)

OH! And we survived our first spook u/s! Came around the gum tree with the sheet my neighbors hung over the fence approx 50' behind us - wind gusted - Rex jumped forward and to the right. Super easy spook and stopped and that was it. Whew!

Edited by KrazyTBMare

Yay Rexy! He looks so grown up now! Good job!

Well, Ben had a well deserved day off, so Madam Trainer came out to do Amore for sales pics and a video. Here are some cropped pics. (Riley makes a cameo appearance- he HATED that I was videoing and ignoring him, so most of the video has him showing off in the background like an idiot, haha!)

IMG_3126.jpg

IMG_3123.jpg

IMG_3119.jpg

IMG_3113.jpg

IMG_3091.jpg

If you know anyone looking for a nice affordable and safe WB for sale, I can pm you the video link.

KTM-Glad you are having the nice boring training sessions with Rex.He sounds like the perfect gentleman.You are doing an awesome job with him.

KTS-I don't know of anyone looking but the second pic is pretty.

Boocoo-Bobby looks good. At 17 months I would expect him to be in some aweful growth stage but he still looks well put together.

This weekend was pretty good. Sat was very windy . So it took a bit to get her mareness focused on work. Had some real nice moments at the end. Cheese seems to do better after we work at the canter a bit then go to the trot. Sunday was a pony ride for my niece and some light work. Than dinner at my grandmom's house.Lesson on Wed. Probably our last jump lesson of the year. It has gotten to cold to fast this year. I was really hoping for a mild Dec. but I don't think it is going to happen.

Shantel ? Your anniversary dinner sounds lovely, and you look FANTASTIC!!! Sounds like Rex is making great progress. Good job on surviving the first spook. Always nice to have that out of the way. Yes, on the ?louder? aids to start off with. When we first started Lieto back, it was like beating a dead horse to get him to GO. We combined leg, whip and voice to get him to understand leg = forward, then as he figured things out, we asked/expected him to move smartly forward off of gradually lighter and lighter aids. One other thing I would suggest is to shorten your stirrups a hole or two. They might be the right length for you on Layla, but you fit Rex differently (better), and it puts your leg in a slightly different place. In the video, you are reaching just slightly for your stirrup. Not what you want to be doing on a youngster. You want your leg a little on the short side so that it can be super stable, really supportive and there to PUSH him forward when you need it. Also, with a wiggly, unbalanced trot/canter, you will really appreciate the shorter stirrup. Once you get a little training on him, then drop the stirrup length down a little. Think of it sort of like this ? you may have graduated to the longer ?dressage length? stirrups, but Rex hasn?t yet!! I think I shortened my stirrups 3 holes when I changed from Raz to Lieto. I have since been able to drop them back down about a hole and a half, and I?m good there. Not quite ready for another half hole drop yet!!

KTS ? Great scores at your show with Benny!! He looks super. Really making great progress. Are you going to hang onto him for awhile or list him for sale? Nice, nice horse. What a great brain he has. I totally know what you mean about the greenies not being able to sustain a full movement. We either need way more time to fully develop a movement, or else we can only sustain the movement briefly, then fall out of it. Time and strength building!! Amore is looking beautiful as ever. Why are you selling her?

Boo ? Sounds like a great lesson. Time to start working on flying changes with Beau?!?!?! OMG, when did Bobby turn into a horse??? He is gorgeous. I can?t believe how much he has grown. He was a weanling in the last photos, and now he looks so grown up. In that photo by the gate, you can really see the horse he should mature into. What a handsome boy he is growing up into. Very, very nice!!!

CSA ? Lieto is like that, too. I get a so-so trot, but after the canter, super work!! Some horses just need to canter to really get warmed up. If that?s what Cheese needs, do it. I agree. It went from summer to winter with no fall. Way too cold, way too fast. I think we are in for a brutal winter. Ack!!

~Shelly~

Thanks Shelley! He's a good guy. I'm not actively advertising him, because with Riley out of work, he's kind of my main ride. So it's just a kind of word of mouth thing right now.

We are going to be putting our farm on the market here soon, so I'm trying to get down to one horse because I have to pay board. Riley I hope to free lease out to someone who wants to kick butt at the lower levels, Bennigan is a sale horse, and I can't see Amore as my only ride. She'll be 16 next year, and she doesn't have the balance necessary to win on a regional level above 2nd level. She's lovely, bombproof, but I never clicked with her. Maybe it's because she was supposed to take Riley's place, and that makes me subconsciously angry that she couldn't fill his shoes? I don't know, but I always feel disappointed in her, even when it's really good, and I can't blow it off like I can with other horses, and that's not fair to her at all. If we kept the farm I'd keep her, because she really does teach me a ton, she's very sensitive, and I might have bred her, because her babies are fabulous.

Great job with Rex, Shantel. How fun for you to be finally riding him, eh? He looks fantastic. I still have to inform Beau every now and then at the beginning of a ride, with my leg and whip aid, that I am serious when I want him in front of my leg! Funny guy.

CSA, sounds like Cheese is really coming along and you and the trainer are making some good progress. Beau also does some really nice work after he gets to canter and loosen up. He also responds well to trot and canter work with me counter flexing him in the warm up and he likes to counter canter and trot squares to loosen up.

Smithereens, flying changes? Hmmmm, now there's a thought! We have worked on half pass some and he likes that, much better than he likes ly's! He also loves to do medium trot. Trot is definitely his best gait, although his canter work is quite lovely at times as well. Had a real good ride tonight and reinforced some of the stuff we worked on in my lesson on Sat. Medium trot work was really good. When I ask, he does it now, I don't have to build up to it. Bobby really does look like a horse in that photo, doesn't he? Thanks for the compliments on him. The judge commented the other day, when I walked him by her after he got his brand, how correct he is and what super conformation he has. When I look at him he looks like such a gangly yearling to me! Hard to believe I have had him just about a year now. I just love that horse. A bot fly was chasing him tonight and he would run trying to get away from it. I finally got it and smashed it! Beau was covered in bot eggs, Had to get me scraper and scrape them all off.

KTS, good luck with selling your farm. How many acres is it? Looks like a nice place in your pictures. We finally have an offer on our place and we are moving back into our old house. That means I will be boarding again as well. Found a nice place yesterday w/ a covered arena, thank goodness, and I am going to pasture board Bobby, Beau and Eddie. Beau will remain for sale. Boarding one horse is plenty!

What's y'all's favorite?

http://www.photoreflect.com/store/Orderpag...po=11&pc=31

There's 31 of them . . . don't know how she managed to miss the trot timing on every. single. picture. Must not be a horse person. But some canter ones are nice.

He also looks really loooooong. He's not THAT long, so I think some of the pixels are off.

I shorted my stirrups to work on my heels down lately on him (lazy to leg (but hot to whip) + longer leg than barrel= bad leg position!) so my legs not that long. Sigh.

Some reason he makes me look kinda small? I'm 5'11. I've lost weight and now my always boxy jacket can fit two of me. And I can fit about an arm down my boots, and I need spurs straps to keep my feet in them, the ankle is so roomy. Don't know what to do, find some cheap boots I guess. I can't walk or barely ride in two of my tall boots now (these, which I got when I was 17, and a schooling pair of Mtn Horse), and they are the regular widths. Why did I have to lose weight in my legs and chest? They weren't generous to begin with!

I think I like 24 and 25 best. 29 he is cute but looky, haha. 30 is the best trot but I look terrible.

I need winter riding boot suggestions now. I had the Mountain Horse Ice Riders, but they were so wide in the calf before, and they don't come in slims. I've given up on anything tall enough. Under 150.

Hi guys

Thought I would stop in for a quick moment. Life per usual has been insane. I graduate in 1 month and 1/2! Wow where has the time gone? Scotch is doing fantastic. Unfortunately with my internship and job hunting...along with working another job there is hardly anytime to show. But he has been going really well when I do get to ride.

Busy busy.

It sounds like everyone's life is going well....always a good thing!

Hi guys

Thought I would stop in for a quick moment. Life per usual has been insane. I graduate in 1 month and 1/2! Wow where has the time gone? Scotch is doing fantastic. Unfortunately with my internship and job hunting...along with working another job there is hardly anytime to show. But he has been going really well when I do get to ride.

Busy busy.

It sounds like everyone's life is going well....always a good thing!

We need Scotch pictures!!! Glad he is doing well!

Well, we had that nasty wind/tornado/tstorm hit us all well, but in between blowing away (I have 2 trees down!) I had a jump lesson today!

th_large-1.jpg

th_large.jpg

3day, glad to hear you guys are doing well.

Alyse, great pics!

Soooo just want to post what I realized today...

I kept thinking about how my Dr said that it was odd that we were just finding out about the 2 ureters and possible reflux with me at 26. Normally this is discovered when you are a young child due to recurrent UTIs. I can only remember like 3 UTIs ever.

But then I started to remember that I used to complain about feeling like something was stuck in the urethra (well at age 4, I used different terms lol) but I was like 4 or 5 but I can clearly remember. I went to the Dr a few times and also if I took a bath with soap in the water, it would burn down there. It got so bad that I would cry when I washed down there b/c it hurt so badly. Again, this is like age 3, 4, 5, 6 ish.

Also, when my blood work came back before my surgery, everything was normal except my white blood cell count was slightly elevated. But all along, no positive urine tests.

I am thinking that this whole reflux thing was going on when I was a child but not once did they ever do a urine test on me (was talking to my mom about this). So it all kind of makes sense. Ive also spoken to a few people who never had UTIs or positive urine tests but they have reflux and would get pain from the reflux but again, never tested positive to the UTIs. I am starting to think that the slightly elevated WBC may be due to my body trying to fight off anything there in the kidney. Also, with me remembering about my childhood, I do think I may have the reflux. I keep going back to thinking about all of this b/c on Friday evening I started having discomfort again (but not PAIN like before) and now tonight, it is uncomfortable again so Im trying to decide if I should get the test done that will show if I have reflux or not.

Anyways... Im totally exhausted and will catch up this weekend. Its Halloween AND Florida/Georgia weekend (which is like crazy maddness here in Jax) so its going to be busy!

Edited by KrazyTBMare

I have some new ponyboy pictures. I just need to find time to upload them. Hopefully with this new Android phone I will be

able to keep in touch more since I'm literally on the go all the time.

Alyse- looking good!

Shantel- have fun this weekend!

So I actually rode Layla this weekend. Ive ridden her one time since Sept 20. She did well. We are both out of shape! She came out a little stiff but worked well for like 20 mins and when she started fighting me, I ended it, as I knew she was only fighting b/c it was getting hard. She def would be 100% with hock injections but until the tax return, I just dont see it. And by then, I hope to have Rex u/s totally. Sarah is letting Ben go out on lease after Nov 20 (our championship show) so she may start riding Layla in which Id have her pay for at least 1/2 of the injections which would help.

Anyways, had Randy video so I could see how she looked - not bad! Just a few stills. And some of the baby horse being silly (sore LF on the sole - just trimmed a little too short and its so dry the ground is super hard but he is cutting a rug on the grass).

beginning - love that she is reaching for the bit

1030102.jpg

we are both smiling lol

1030103.jpg

still gives me 100% even when we are both rusty

1030104.jpg

10301019.jpg

10301023.jpg

BOING

rex1030104.jpg

uh oh, better cut it out, Layla is going to get me!

rex1030109.jpg

just act naturally and blend..

rex10301010.jpg

Off to bed for work tomorrow...

Edited by KrazyTBMare

Ughhh this is so frusterating.

Rex is still super sore on his LF. When I put the Magic Cushion in, he is fine. The next day, he is ok. The day after, no go. Today he was digging holes with both fronts in the dirt. At first I thought he was trying to colic but he pooped, peed, gut sounds, no fever, bright eyed, etc. He was limping coming in on the concrete. Then he pawed his hay back from the wall so he could stand on it over his bedding. Ugh. Then to turn them out tonight, he did not want to come out of his stall. So I opened the back door to let him out and he came out happily.

I didnt want to put shoes on with him still growing as much as he is but he is honestly not feeling good and even with packing & all he is still uncomfortable. Farrier is coming tomorrow... guess we can try shoes or maybe even glue ones or just some shoes up front for a few sets. I dunno.

[surrender]

If he's trying to stand on soft ground or hay or whatever, and he's MORE lame on concrete, and Magic Cushion helps, then it's not likely to be sore soles. Usually if the soles are sore, the horse is worse on soft ground, with packing, etc. That is, unless he has been trimmed so short that the soles are soft.

Just a thought. If you do shoes, you might very well have to do MC under some plastic or leather pads.

We have been trying to back him up a little more these last two trims. Last time he was fine but it has been bone dry here. Then a few days after the trim, I went to the show, which had even harder ground with rocks here and there. Not sure if he has a bruise or what. Hoof tested positive all along the sole but not on the sides near the bars and all. His feet are really soft now that we have had rain... come to think of it.. we had a really good shower a day or two before I first noticed it... I dont know.

If I do end up doing shoes though I am def going to get either a leather pad or some type of pad with either MC or like equipack under it. I just feel bad that he doesnt even want to leave his stall to walk on the concrete. No pulse no heat.

He probably bruised himself, maybe right along the edges of the sole? I know Lucy spent a couple months lame because she insisted on standing in a muddy patch near the gate, and then would go walk on harder ground and give herself bruises.

Poor baby. If it's just bruising, you shouldn't have to leave him in shoes for long. Just until he heals.

Of course farrier comes and Rex doesnt take a lame step, tested totally fine to the testers (even on the thin part where it flexed a little), lunged sound, walked sound on grass and concrete, temperature is normal, pulse is 32, did that flex load test and all tendons and all were fine. I give up!

He said that he didnt see any reason to put shoes on him and doesnt want me to waste money. I know and I get it but it makes me look crazy when hes as lame as he was last night and taking those on and off lame steps and then when the farrier comes, NOTHING.

He said to give him a few more days and if he keeps taking an off step, he will put the shoes on if I want to. I really DONT want to but geez!

And of course tonight its going to get to 35 when 4 days ago the high was 90. So worried about him being lame and someone colicing.

It's going to be 40 here tonight. And windy. Everyone is blanketed, and they will get lots of hay, and of course lots of water to go with that hay. I've never had colic from weather change. It's always been the encysted strongyles for Lucy.

I am ready for spring now. I had my last lesson for a bit this past week. Cheese would not bend around the left leg. Got her bending and stretching by the end. Switching saddle to an all purpose one that I know fits her. I hate riding in one for dressage but I will deal.Almost time to pull her shoes for her winter break anyway.Hubby has videod some of the lesson. However he hates watching flat work he wasn't paying attention to what he was filming the whole time. I'll have to take a look to see if there is something I can post.

Work is starting to go crazy gearing up for the black friday thing. To top things off we have three people out on leave of absence. So we are short handed.Which means extra work. I am so tired at the end of my shift I don't even feel like cooking dinner.

Good job on ending well. Hope you arent too swamped at work! Get some rest!

Rode Rex today even though it has been over 2 weeks since he has been worked. It was 64 but the wind chill was well into the 50s esp with wind gusts over 15mph. He was awesome!

Here the video - pics over on H/J

Shantel, saw your clinic pics with rex!!! you all look lovely!!!!!!

He looks like a more sensible version of Riley . . . I want!! haha.

R-man is undersaddle!! Walking like a proper gentleman (I always have to bring him back in the winter, drat him!) and I even trust him on the buckle. We get bored, and I pretend we are western with his long mane, and nosebandless bridle (Amore's broke, so she's using Riley's, so he has none), and he even kind of neck reins! Well, mostly he just follows my hips and eyes and reads my mind. I start trotting a few minutes Mon. I've done a few steps here and there, and not too bad- a little creaky and weak, but feels sound and he's sooo happy to do it.

Since I've run out of Surpass (any Canadians want to hit up Walmart for Voltaren and mail it to me??) I'm paranoid about any swelling so I've been icing it. I think I found a new way tonight.

Ice cubes in a bucket of water! Darned if that ornery horse doesn't LOVE it. He stood there quiet as a lamb while I groomed him AND pulled his mane (normally he HATES that, and dances everywhere).

I bought a Donjoy Iceman off of ebay (they are REALLY cheap . . . like 30 bucks) to see if that's a better idea. It was recommended on COTH. I don't like the idea of soaking his feet and getting them too moist in the winter.

Soooooo awesome about Riley! I hope he keeps getting better and better! And I agree about not wanting to soak too much in winter.

So this weekend I took Rex to a "Starting the Young Sporthorse" clinic - totally awesome - details and pics/vids to come!

I'm going to dash in for just a minute, try and comment on everyone tomorrow. I'm finally doing all my winter work and it is going well. Rode Rubin in the double bridle for the 1st time and it was very good with no problems--just walk and trot, so now I'm off to find bits as I'd borrowed. I'm sure I'll ride in it later in the week. Looks like we will maybe try a change later in the week. All of his work leading up to them is getting incredibly solid. I'm really tired but loving every minute of it. Of course I always have the camera, but hopefully, I can either get my husband down or get a WS to get some photos. I'm so proud of my guy--not bad for a 5.5 year old. He's such a love!!

I'm going to dash in for just a minute, try and comment on everyone tomorrow. I'm finally doing all my winter work and it is going well. Rode Rubin in the double bridle for the 1st time and it was very good with no problems--just walk and trot, so now I'm off to find bits as I'd borrowed. I'm sure I'll ride in it later in the week. Looks like we will maybe try a change later in the week. All of his work leading up to them is getting incredibly solid. I'm really tired but loving every minute of it. Of course I always have the camera, but hopefully, I can either get my husband down or get a WS to get some photos. I'm so proud of my guy--not bad for a 5.5 year old. He's such a love!!

PMJ- you have working students? I'm graduating this winter, and once I get down to just one horse, I'd like to do that. Do you know any good programs or trainers interested?

Shantel- Saw the pics on FB. Guys look great :) He looks like such a good boy! So glad that you have a prospect to move forward with.

KTS- Fantastic news about Riley! Hooray!! When do you graduated? You should look on yard and groom website for internship opportunities. Along with just browsing the internet for positions. I would highly recommend that you go "audit" before you commit yourself to it. So it gives you a feel what the trainer is like. I was one of the fortunate WS that had a blast during my working student days! But I did my research and went and rode with the trainer before even thinking about it. Good luck!

OK...so good news. I graduate in 4 weeks! And better yet I have a FT job lined up. I start working PT for them next week and then after I graduate I will go to FT. So that's good...this is definately a stepping stone company for me, but better than nothing! Extremely busy working 50hours + a week and going to class as a full time student...not to mention the boyfriend and his kids. BUSY. At least I've been able to ride the ponyboy a couple times a week.

He has been such a good boy! My one dressage trainer is coming out this weekend to teach so I finally will get a lesson since June!

My birthday is this weekend but unfortunately it will be spent doing homework... :-(

Having some issues at the barn that I moved to in August. They are charging me an extra $60 a month to blanket Scotch...and not even rendering the services completely! And they happen to leave my horse out in the rain with no shelter. It wouldn't be a huge issue if it was warm rain and he wasn't clipped! But really...clipped pony in cold rain=pissed boarder UGH. So I've been looking for new places...my search isn't going very well....

Other than that same old....

PMJ-Sounds like things are going very well with you and Rubin. I believe I bought Cheese at 5.5 years old. She barely knew how to pick up the correct lead.

KTM-Picsand/or vids???

3day-Congrats on almost done with school. Bummer about your birthday weekend though. What area are you looking at boarding in?

I am already missing not being able to get a lesson. It gives me some time to sort through Cheese's issues. Finally listed my dressage saddle for sale. Hoping to make enough to cover the cost of a good used saddle with a wider tree. I hate to let it go. The saddle was perfect for me. However since I am not planning to get another horse anytime soon. it has to go. Been ridind in an all pupose saddle that fits Cheese. I now remember why I hated one for dressage.

I got to go to a running show this past weekend. Borrowed my friend's horse to ride. Show was quick(maybe 2 hours.) On the way home everyone decided to stop and check out a trail we pass to see if we can ride there. Horses were allowed. So we then went on a ten mile trail ride. Long day with no sleep the night before but very fun.