Sign in to follow this  
Prairie Rose

Wonderful Horse Day

These first 2 are from a couple of weeks ago on the day known as.....

"The Day My Burbette Died". Head gasket blew on it. Sigh. I was out traveling to ride with cousins.

Here is my mustang. She's sure turning out to be a great trail horse!

100_6895.jpg

and my appy--Best. Horse. Ever!

100_6896.jpg

Today....I worked with my Quarter Horse gelding. Haven't put much time on him at all this year, thanks to working mega hours at my paying job. But hey--we do what we gotta do!

I was VERY pleased with Buddy tonight. He behaved as if he's ridden daily. (which is exactly what I would do if I could!)

Actually, he's going to a friend's tomorrow to get some miles put on him for a few weeks. Friend will probably say? Why? He's fine! I just want him rode more!

Meet Buddy.

shellbud1.jpg

Buddy is sporting a wonderful bridle, bit, custom-made slobber straps, and horse-hair mecate, all thanks to a wonderful board buddy right here on Horse City. I am sporting beautiful chinks from this same board buddy! I love you Jack!

Off to the round pen for a warm-up

bud.jpg

100_6921.jpg

Flex....flex.....

100_6928.jpg

and flex the other way....

100_6929.jpg

Highway crossings:

100_6955.jpg

100_6960.jpg

said howdy at the bar

100_6964.jpg

dang, I kinda like this poster! May I...uhm....pinch?

100_6968.jpg

100_6967.jpg

Then we headed back toward home. I wanted to play tarp.

shellbud7.jpg

Awesome horse! I LOVE your pictures... just don't have a lot of time to comment more specific this morning. Just wanted you to know that your pictures put a smile on my face.

What a good pony--glad you had such a great ride. Buddy has a beautiful face, he's adorable :-)

And...is that what passes for a highway in ND?? [ROTFL]

Lots of pretty, well behaved, horses and lovely BB and great pictures! Thank you, it put a big smile on my face. Looks like a wonderful day!

Nice to "meet" your horses as well. I don't feel like I know them as well as some HC horses. So the QH is Buddy. What are the Appy and Mustang's names?

Praire Rose,

Very neat pictures of you & Buddy, got to give you alot of satifaction that Buddy was so good after not being worked with much this year. Thanks for sharing. Best Wishes. PD

But why did you hide his beautiful face under that tarp??????

I have to agree with Milo.....that really isn't a real highway......right?

Just kidding.

You both look great PR!

HTTY!

P.S. It was nice of them to place that cowboy fanny at horseback height too!

Edited by dondie2

Thanks everyone!

Days off are precious, and to spend an entire one 'horsing around', why--that's like being given the best gift ever!

LOL! Yes, that's a highway here! 2 lanes! One in each direction! LOL! That particular one right there is actually a busy one by these standards!

I simply could not resist reaching out to those Wranglers. LOL! I'm such a goof. My kids can attest to that!~ Am a firm believer in Live, Love, Laugh and make the most out of each day!

The mustang's name is Cascading Windsong. She is 8 years old and has been a challenging child, but one well worth it!

The appy is 16, and her name is Sweets. I heart my Sweets!

Buddy is 6 and is going to do just great!

I am well blessed!

Thanks, Cyberdaughter!

You got that right!

Jack made me the customized slobber straps--they have my name on them. :grin: He had Rolling Thunder make me the chinks. Aren't they awesome? Been getting lots of usage!

Cybermom, that's what HC is all about! Beautiful horses and great rides! Glad you had such a good day!

And, WOW!! Jack does awesome work!

Thanks qhGA. That appy is a gem!

Thanks Kim!

equi, lemme see some pics of that filly!!!

I like to do 'odd' things with the critters. Maybe not so much odd, but it's fun to play tarp with them and just do 'different' things. Out of the box, so to speak. Hopefully it gets them used to unusual situations so they stay calm. I just hope my horses don't think they ought to belly up to the bar on their own, though. LOL!

Kerosene, this one has a hitching post, but it's broken at the moment. Not by MY horses though!

Thanks Sugar! That stang is a SMOOTH ride. She has an extended walk and extended trot that floats along.