2lo0xue.jpg
San Vittore, Italia

----

12 December, 1937

Like a thunderstorm that pulls you deep into the night,
I've never been able to let this go.
It's not believing in a miracle,
but having faith in the unknown.
I vividly remember only two moments in my life.
The first involves the event that led to the second.
Headmaster Sagoes looked at me with her left eye closed and said,
"You don't know, if you don't know, then you won't know."
It was the simplest of words that changed my life.
That challenge led to the second moment,
which is every reason why these words are being put down.
I found it.
I held it,
I lived it
and I questioned it.
If I told you what I knew,
it wouldn't change a thing.
It exists like everything else in this world
and has powers that are incomprehensible,
but the book does not lie.
You may believe to stick to what you know,
but 'you don't know, if you don't know, then you won't know'.
Just remember,
you can't change the past,
but you can always change the future.

28s4mjn.jpg

----

There is a legend at The Henneberg School for International Students. People say there is a book that holds all the answers. You ask it a question and it knows the answer. Who will you marry? Where will you live? When will you die? Jonathon Denicola died on December 21st, 1937. The book holds record of every question and answer it has ever given. Jonathon's letter was found recently by a few fourth year students. The book, once owned by Headmaster Sagoes, hid it deep within Henneberg. She vowed no one would ever find it. He found it, but did it predict his death?

You, the students, have the letter. Will you risk expulsion to sneak around to find it? If you find it, will you ask? Welcome to the legend of Henneberg.

----

Guidelines
?In every post, you must incorporate at least one line from a song. At the end of the post, you must state the song and artist.
Example:

"I'm sorry, that wasn't supposed to happen. None of it was supposed to happen. It was not your fault but mine and it was your heart on the line. I didn't want to hurt you," he said.
Little Lion Man by Mumford & Sons.

You can chose to italicize it or not.
?All characters will be fourth years (17-19) and will know each other.
?When posting, make it a substantial length so the next person will have something to go off of.
?Try to keep the genders even.
?When asking the book a question, I will allow you to make the answer, UNLESS you ask 'When will I die?'. I will answer that question because certain characters answers will add twists to the plot (see where I'm going?).
?Being an international school, the students come from all over the world so please diversify. It is a boarding school and since it is in Italy, it is okay for most characters to come from wealthy families.
?If you read all of this, add a quote that defines your character at the top of your stats post.

Name in bold
Age (17-19)
Personality
History
Appearance
Other
Edited by Madcow

"When I was 17
I had wrists like steel
And I felt complete
And now my body fades
Behind my brass charade
And I'm obsolete."
-Vampire Weekend 'Giving Up the Gun'

Tristan Rottier
Male
Hoorn, Holland
Personality: Tristan is what most call the artistic type. He's extremely smart and creative, but a bit socially awkward. He can get along with people, but a lot of people turn away from him. When he gets into his artistic mode, he usually ignores anyone around and can get a bit rude. He has a sense of humor, but when it comes to his art and school work, he takes it extremely seriously. Being in high society at home, Tristan can be a bit snotty when meeting someone and act very stuck up at certain times.
History: Growing up on the water in Hoorn, he started drawing and painting early in life and his parents did whatever they could to push him forward. He lived a perfect life in a high society, giving him a bit of the rich-boy swagger. His mother is a stylist and his father owns a fancy hotel chain that has spread across Europe.
Appearance: Tristan is fashionable as far as guys go. His mother always dressed him the best and it caught on quickly. He stands around 5'10 and holds and thinner, yet strong build. He has an extremely strong jaw that gives him a square face that holds full lips, and stunning gray-blue eyes. He holds a tan complexion, but has no freckles. His hair is a very dark blonde and is shaved on both sides with longer hair in the middle, letting it sweep off to the right.
Other:

"Pray to your god, open your heart

Whatever you do, don't be afraid of the dark

Cover your eyes, the devil inside

One night of the hunter

One day I will get revenge

One night to remember

One day it'll all just end, oh."

-30 Seconds to Mars 'Night of the Hunter'

Rayne Parks

Female

Ooltewah, Tennessee

And with my one last gasping breath

I'd apologize for bleeding on your shirt

Victoria (Tori) Vance

Female

Manchester, England

Personality Tori is more of the quiet type. She does not go out of her way to make friends, resulting in her being alone most of the time. She thinks very realistically. She has trust issues. Her dream is to move to New York City to be an artist.

History She grew up in a large Estate. Her family is very wealthy (old money). They had very high standards for Victoria. Her mother pushed her to be "lady-like" but Tori wanted no part in it. She would hide away in the attic of her estate and paint for hours everyday. Her parents, especially her mother, disapproved of her hobby. Her parents sent her to Henneberg simply because they didn't want to deal with her anymore.

AppearanceTori, according to her parents, dresses very inappropriately. She wears outrageous amounts of random rings, bracelets, long necklaces, etc. You will mostly see her wearing her knit hat. Her hair is always down and wavy. She wears straight legged jeans (not skinny) with black converse that are worn out. Her tops are always worn out vintage t-shirts, mostly old bands that the majority of people wouldn't know of. She loves her red lipstick. The only eye makeup she uses is a strip of liquid eyeliner on her upper lid and heavy mascara. She is very thin, 5'5. No "assets."

Other

Edited by JumpinJax

The sun was barely cracking through the high tower window, casting across onto the stone wall. Tristan's boat shoes scuffed softly on the floor, the only noise echoing through the room. It was just past dawn and much to early for any normal person to be awake. Tristan was up in his favorite tower, facing east, where he could paint his newest collection. He had set his canvas up facing away from the window so as he painted, he could gaze up at the light passing through the window high above him. It was a very abstract set, but it was the only way Tristan thought.

Even in the painfully early hours, he was dressed in black jeans and a red and white long sleeved shirt. The sleeves had been pushed up to keep paint off of them, which accented his tanned skin. A hand ran through his hair, musing over the blank canvas. Yesterday's painting had not gone over well, along with the day before and the day before that. It was ruts like these that only fueled his fire.

Taking a step back from the canvas, he closed his eyes momentarily, setting himself into state of calm. He could not paint unless his mind was set and everything was balanced. A deep, refreshing breath cleared his lungs and the silence rung through his ears. It was everything he needed to be his best.

"Forever young, I come from god knows where cause now I'm here without a hope or care. I am trouble and I am troubled too. My name is Tristan, and I am alive," his lips muttered through the stillness.

It all appeared a bit odd, but to Tristan, it was all routine. He had a personally mantra, which, in times of emotional and mental stress, he repeated to himself. It set his psyche straight, making everything right for him.

Opening his eyes, Tristan took a step back towards the canvas and picked up a brush, dipping it carefully into the yellow on his palette.

Tristan - Patrick Wolf

A small streak of light poked through the curtains of Tori's dorm room, shining directly into her eyes causing her to wake up. She hated early mornings, but anything was better than waking up to her mother's judgmental voice every day. "I will learn to live again for now I’m breaking all the things I couldn't mend without escaping." She kept repeating the lines in her head to remind herself of why Henneberg would be good for her. It was her chance to be herself. At home her parents forced her to be a "lady," and Tori absolutely hated it. Now she was freed of them, at least for the semester.

She rolled over, face down on her bed, pulling a black satin pillow over her head. Realizing there was no chance of going back to sleep, she sat up, clearing her sleep filled eyes.

Being awake before anyone else, Tori decided to take a tour of the school. She arrived at Henneberg for the first time last night and went straight to her room and fell asleep. She didn't even bother to unpack.

She walked through the long, empty hallways for what seemed like miles. Some hallways windowless, leaving them dark and depressing, while others were brightly lit by rays of sun beaming through rows of windows. As time passed, students of the school begun to wake up, showing signs of life throughout the dorm area. Tori made sure to steer clear of the students by wandering through the more abandoned hallways, taking her farther and farther into the confusing maze of the school. After what seemed like forever, Tori came to a dead end. It was a long, empty hall. The left wall was left without doors or paintings. The right wall was filled with windows less decorative than the ones she had seen in other places. There was so much dust that you could see it floating in the air where the light came in the windows. At the end of the hallway was a massive wooden door. Tori slowly walked to it, inspecting for a lock or any other thing preventing her from going inside. After seeing nothing, she grabbed the door knob and turned it...

I Felt Free- Circa Survive
Edited by JumpinJax

[[so I'm assuming she opened the door to the room that Tristan is in.]]

As time passed, Tristan got lost in his early morning painting, zoning out anything and everything except for the canvas and his brush. These few hours were his escape from the world, a place were he could be all alone and do what he loved most. There was no one judging him, evaluating him or bothering him. He enjoyed only the company of silence. It was times like these that Tristan wanted nothing to do with another human.

It wasn't until a more reasonable hour in the morning that Tristan was disturbed. The room was so far away and secluded, no one ever bothered to come or find it. The creak of the ancient wood door snapped him from his blank and drifting thoughts. The brush hung in mid-stroke, like he had almost froze. He can assess the situation, someone was walking on floorboards. He turned slowly, his stone blue eyes catching sight of the girl in the doorway.

Tristan could often be a bit rude to people, especially those who interrupted his art. He was instantly bothered and didn't crack a friendly smile. His mothers words of manner ran though his head, pushing him to be the way he was raised. Deciding to restrain himself, he turned back to his work, knowing it was the best way to keep himself from saying anything rude. Maybe if he could just ignore her, he could control himself.

Future Reflections - MGMT

[[i didn't have anything in particular for what was behind the door. So this works! Haha. By the way, I had it in my head that I replied to this already, I just realized I actually didn't O.o]]

She cracked the door and peeked in. It seemed to be an old abandoned storage room with stone walls. It felt innocent enough, so she opened the door all of the way and stood frozen by what she saw. By the window stood an easel with a canvas on it, and behind it stood a boy who didn't look exactly pleased at her presence.

"Oh, uhm, s-sorry, I didn't know anyone was up here. I'll leave you alone now, " Tori stammered as she grabbed for the door, pulling it closed. She quickly turned to leave. So many questions were running through her mind. What was he doing up here? Why did he look mad? How was she supposed to find her way back?

After about 5 minutes of guessing her way back to her room, she let her mind wander. Summer nights were growing cold and august goodbyes were getting closer. Autumn was on it's way, and she was excited for it was her favorite season.

Eventually she began to hear the sound of the other students moving about and she followed the noise. After she made it back to her room she instantly regretted not mentally noting how she got to the room the boy was in. Maybe later she would try to find it and if he wasn't there she would go inside to see what the boy was up.

Sagamore by Hidden In Plain View
Edited by JumpinJax

[[Hope it's okay if I just hop in :D]]

I'm a satellite heart. Lost in the dark. I'm spun out so far. You start, I stop. But I'll be true to you

Nadia Dalma

Female

Bucharest, Romania

Personality: Nadia is vibrant and energetic, she isn't afraid to shine in a crowd. She gives more than she takes, which can sometimes put a strain on her. With mirthful, almost impish mannerism, it's difficult to dislike Nadia. She's level-headed but optimistic and it's hard to rattle or anger her. There's a quality that most people can't put their finger on about her that makes her somewhat mysterious to the general public, but her friends seem to forget about it once they get to truly know her.

History: Nadia was raised by her grandmother in Bucharest, Romania. Her parents died when she was very young and she doesn't remember them at all. She received the best of everything and with that certain social obligations. While Nadia enjoys dressing up and being a classy young lady, she can also go out and get along with less fortunate people, something most people in her society don't understand.

Appearance: Nadia is a small framed individual, standing at 5'5. She has the type of body that looks good with anything on and the expressive features that make it work. Her dark hair and eyes are almost the same shade of brown, though her hair has natural highlights, making it somewhat lighter. Her skin is pale and smooth and her lips are a delicate shade of pink.

Nadia maneuvered expertly through the crowded dining hall at breakfast. Her slender frame coming to a stop at the yogurt bar, but she had to ask herself, is it worth the wait, all this killing time? She hated lines. Her silver flats tapped in irritation, until she reached the front, making small talk with the guy standing in front of her. She could tell he was intrigued by her, and the very thought bored her. Nadia made her way to her usual table, her classic, burgundy dress revealed her arms and legs and that was it; the boat neckline subtle.

She glanced curiously about the crowded room, catching scattered conversations in numerous languages; some she understood, most she didn't. Going to Henneberg, she'd quickly picked up five languages, but that seemed to be her barrier and she couldn't get past it, no matter how hard she tried. Smothering her yawn with a spoonful of strawberry yogurt, she frowned, recalling the dream that had kept her up the night before. It was one she'd had before, but she couldn't remember anything about it.

Her milky skin crinkled between her perfectly manicured brows as she struggled to recall even the smallest detail. She was distracted as a first year dropped their plate of food, bringing laughter and catcalls which made her roll her dark brown eyes. People were so rude. She sipped from her glass of water, occasionally chatting with people who stopped to talk with her, but she usually preferred to eat breakfast alone; she wasn't awake enough to be her usual cheery self the entire meal.

Heavy in Your Arms - Florence + the Machine
Edited by Profane

The words the girl spoke rang through his ears, distracting him from his work. He couldn't focus any longer now that he had been interrupted. His fingers gripped tight around the brush in his hand, his eyes closing as he tried to calm himself. Honestly, Tristan was a bit of a diva when it came to his art. He did not like being interrupted or bothered during his painting time. When he was younger, his temper had been horrible. He never used to hesitate before snapping at someone when he felt the need. With time came control over his short fuse. Now he tried to respect others and hold himself in on a short rope.

Giving up for the morning, Tristan could feel his stomach churn for food, realizing he had been up in the room for at least a few hours. Sighing, he set the dirty brushes in a cup full of murky water, letting them soak out the remaining paint. He never bothered taking his things back to his room ? no one ever ventured up to the room to meddle with his things. It was safe enough to leave the nearly finished painting and supplies.

His feet carried him out the room, the door shutting softly behind him. His shoes scuffed lightly on the stone floor, the only echoing sound in the narrow hallway. Weaving through the different corridors, Tristan made a detour to the outside wall, the exposed walkways that lead from towers to buildings. Pausing at the side, he leaned with his elbows on the stone, his eyes looking down to the burning cliffs, the autumn gales catching his hair and tossing it around. The crisp morning air was invigorating and calmed him.

Tristan continued down to to the breakfast hall, deciding to face the rest of the student body. He followed the flow of students into the line, grabbing a breakfast pastry and cappuccino. Carefully balancing the hot drink, his gray eyes scanned the room for a familiar face. He knew many of the students, some friends, other not quite so much. Seeing Nadia alone at a table, Tristan decided he would sit with her today. He knew she usually sat alone, but not today.

"Vedo che non hai amici oggi, Nadia," Tristan joked with a smile on his face as he set down his food and took the seat across from her. It was necessary to speak in Italian, but it was early and speaking a second language got his brain going.

Teignmouth - Patrick Wolf

Nadia smiled as Tristan headed toward her, instantly feeling more awake as he slipped into one of the chairs around the table. He usually drummed up some sort of interesting conversation. His greeting made her lips turn into a pouty frown, though her brown eyes sparkled with easy amusement. The Italian lilt making it difficult to frown, it was one of her favorite languages; there was something about each word and syllable that made her spine tingle with happiness.

"Now, now," she said, her voice cool and confident as the crisp, almost choppy English words spilt from her delicate lips, "How do you know that they didn't just leave?"

She'd have said his comment was cruel if she hadn't known Tristan the way she did. They were the same year at Henneberg and tended to run in the same social circuit. Nadia took a small bite of her yogurt, pulling the spoon slowly from her lips as she studied him unabashedly. He looked like he'd been awake for hours compared to her and she quickly came to the assumption that he'd been painting in his little room. She'd never been there, only heard about it through people.

"Are you working on anything new?" she asked as she took a sip from her water, assuming that he'd infer she meant his art.

Too Too Too Fast - Ra Ra Riot
Edited by Profane

His smirk widened as she quipped a quick retort to his Italian. She had always impressed him with her wit. Her pretty little face and pouty lips held his attention. His eyes flickered between his food and her face, taking small, appropriate sized bites of the pastry.

"This is true," he said, smiling and deciding to side with her on this one rather than add an off-comment. He loved joking around with friends, but he had a limit.

The two of them weren't best friends, but they had a comfortable relationship that Tristan enjoyed, liking how they interacted so easily. He honestly did not get along with many people because he was a bit judgmental and rude. Nadia seemed to be the opposite, not flaunting her higher upbringing, which kept his ego grounded. She was a positive influence that he had come to appreciate.

As she questioned about his art, his smirk relaxed into a soft smile, he eyes wandering down to his drink. He normally did not like talking about his work, but with her, it was different. He was extremely open about it, maybe because he could talk all he want but never have to actually show the result. Most of his pieces were hidden up in his secret room, which gave him comfort. Yet now that that other girl had found it, he questioned how safe it really was.

"Yes, yes. It is very abstract. Like stars burning holes right through the dark, I paint the early sun. This is why I am so awake, you see? The flicking fire like saltwater into my eyes, it inspires me," Tristan spoke, his distinct accent adding flair to his speech. His hands moved along with the words, making it an extremely grand and interesting explanation. There was a twinkle in his eye after he spoke. He could never help but get excited when it came to his art. It was something he was proud of.

Sleepyhead ? Passion Pit

Nadia could feel her lips softening into a genial, interested smile as he began talking about his art. His enthusiasm was catching and she could feel herself nodding eagerly at his words. She loved listening to people talk about what they were passionate about. Part of that sprouted from the fact that she just liked people but the other part was that she wasn't sure what she was passionate about; nothing made her heart sing when she did it. Nadia liked doing things, but there was nothing that she could see herself doing for hours at a time, everyday, it was sad in reality. But, she was sure that she would eventually. It was amazing how life turns out the way that it does.

"Sounds fantastic," she said earnestly, and continued with a little hesitation, "I would love to see it sometime."

She was aware of how finicky he could be when it came to his work, and she understood, but that simply piqued her curiosity more. Her dark eyes watched him carefully, trying to gauge his reaction before she nibbled on the bowl of fruit that she'd fixed. Nadia uncrossed, and then re-crossed, her slender legs, a habit that she'd gotten into over the summer when she was unsure of herself at a dinner party.

Inevitable - Anberlin

When Tori arrived to her room she went straight to her bathroom and stood in front of the mirror. She studied herself for a short while, decided how to do her hair and make up. She wasn't sure if she go a bit over the top to make a statement, or just keep it plain and simple. She decided to let her wavy hair down then placed her knit hat on the top of her head. She threw on simple eye make up and then added bright red lipstick to lips. She always had the red lipstick on, it was her trademark and it made her feel different.

She then left the bathroom and headed towards the dining hall. She wasn't looking forward to the big room filled with too many noisy students. She preferred things to be quiet, it let her think. As she walked through the tall archway into the dining hall she started looking for where the food was at. It was her first year at Henneberg and she didn't know where anything was or how things were done since she skipped the orientation. She spotted a group of students waiting in line for food so she walked up behind them. She heard so many languages throughout the room it was making her head hurt. It felt like being in a whole different world and she was alone with no friends. She started to think about past years at school. She had friends, she lived in a nice home, had wealthy parents. Why did she hate it so much? She had the whole world in my hands, but she gave it away, all so she could be away from her parents.

When she finally reached the food she grabbed an apple and a banana and placed them on her tray. As she turned she began looking for a place to sit. She couldn't find any tables that weren't occupied and she definatly did not want to sit at a table full of other people she didn't know. She started running options through her head. Would she be allowed to eat outside of the dining hall? Probably not. Eventually she spotted a table with only one other person at it so she began to was towards it. It wouldn't be as awkward as sitting down at a table with five other people. As she walked to her table she spotted the boy that she saw in the room earlier that morning. She didn't want him to notice her because walking in on him was embarassing and he obviously wasn't happy that she was there. As she neared the table he was at she looked down and started walking faster. Suddenly she tripped on someone's book bag and fell flat on the floor right next to the boy. If she thought walking in on him was bad, this was worse.

Down, Set, Go - Underoath

Tristan raised an eyebrow as Nadia mentioned seeing his artwork sometime. He would normally snap a no right away, but with her he played with the idea in his head. It was harmless, honestly, to show his artwork, but something always held him back. Was he afraid of what people would say about it? Or was there something else? He couldn't answer his own questions. His eyes searched her face, watching for any sign of some emotion. He tried to mull over the idea, trying to convince himself that it would be harmless enough.

Right before he went to speak his answer, a sudden commotion next to him caught his attention. Turning his attention, Tristan saw a girl on the ground in a heap, obviously after a clumsy spill. Being the gentleman he had been brought up to be, he quickly got out of his seat to help her up, being to closest person. Carefully taking her arm, he tried to help her up.

?Well that?s no way to start off your day,? Tristan jokingly declared to the girl, standing fully with her and releasing his grip off her once she was stable. It was only a split second later that he realized who she was. ?Oh? You are the one who wandered in on me this morning,? he added, surprise apparent in his voice. It came off a bit malicious, which wasn?t exactly intended. ?But that doesn?t matter. Sit with us I can tell you?re new and I can say Nadia and I here are the two best acquaintances you can make at this school.?

Tristan sat and patted the seat next to him, indicating it was for her. He did feel bad about he treated her, but he knew he could be standoffish so it was best for him to redeem himself by being overly friendly.

You Are the One - Shiny Toy Guns

Nadia kept her expression neutral during the long pause that followed her suggestion. She was about to tell him to forget about it, when a girl tripped, and fell beside their table. Before she could slip from the tall barstool to help the girl, Tristain was already up and picking her things up. She raised one of her perfectly manicured eyebrows at his comment, but pushed a grin onto her pretty features when he gestured toward her.

"Good morning," she greeted pleasantly, her English formal and impeccable in most respects; as were all the languages she knew. Pushing her request, and what she could only assume was Tristain's denial from her mind, she turned her bubbly charm on, wanting to put the girl at ease.

"Are you new? I don't remember seeing you around before. But, then again, I can be a little oblivious at times." The last comment was more or less a lie. Nadia was perfectly aware that the girl was new; she took pride in the fact that she could talk to any of the students in their year or higher because she knew their names and a little bit about them. But she had a feeling that the girl was, in fact, their year and had simply transferred, which piqued her curiosity.

"Oh," she said as an afterthought, "Would you care for me to go and get you something else to eat?" It was an offer that most people of her upbringing wouldn't offer because it placed them in a subservient role, something they had always been taught not to do. But Nadia enjoyed helping others and doing things that weren't always for herself, it made her feel better about herself. Her dark eyes flitted momentarily towards Tristain in a questioning manner curious as to where he'd met her.

Forget About It - Alison Kraus

Tori was very confused at the boy's kindness. The anger she saw in him this morning when she walked in on him wasn't something that didn't seem soon forgettable. What shocked her even more was when he invited her to sit with him and the other girl he was with. She was hesitant, but sitting alone would be more awkward than sitting with him.

When he asked her to sit with them the only thing she could make herself say was, "Uhm, sure." She sounded nervous and shaky even though she tried to sound calm. As soon as she sat in the seat next to the boy, Nadia began to talk to her.

"Yeah, I'm new. I got here last night. And no thanks for the food, I wasn't really hungry to begin with, I only had it so I wouldn't look out of place." Tori hated being nervous, she never knew what to say. There seemed to be a silence that lasted forever after she spoke. She wondered if she could hold her breath until her heart exploded.

"How long have you guys gone here?" She didn't know what else to say, small talk wasn't her best subject.

How It Goes - Billy Talent

[[i sincerely sincerely apologize for my absence. I was so busy and had absolutely no muse. So I don't know if either you will even want to continue with this, but I'll give it one more shot.]]

Tristan's eyes glanced only very briefly over to Nadia, as a mere signal that they could speak about how he and the girl had met later. He just wanted to make the girl feel comfortable. He didn't sympathize with her because he had never really felt uncomfortable in a social situation before, but knew from observation that new kids usually had a hard time fitting in, especially at such a school as Henneberg.

Listening to her words, he held a pleasant smile on his face, being as friendly as he could. He wasn't being fake; he was interested in her, but he wasn't one of those people who welcomed new people with open arms. He had to have some good conversation with someone before he felt like they could be friends. It was a bit shallow but it was his way of making friends after being brought up in high society.

"This is my fourth year," Tristan answered. Fourth years equated to seniors in high school. He had started there as a first year. Drawing a line with his finger on his jeans, it was an absent-minded habit of his that he couldn't help sometimes. It wasn't until then he finally realized that they had never properly introduced themselves.

"Oh, my name's Tristan, by the way," he added.

The Gypsy King - Patrick Wolf
Edited by Madcow

Nadia took the last bites of her yogurt before pushing the bowl away from her as the girl spoke. She watched her carefully, curiously, though she failed to hold all of her attention like some could. Nadia was making a mental list of things she needed to do that day and, out of the corner of her eyes, watching other students mill around. It was until Tristain spoke that her eyes sharpened back to their usual level of intensity and intelligence. Nadia instantly felt guilty and hoped that the girl hadn't noticed her aloofness, it wasn't that she was dull, it was just that there wasn't anything about her that grabbed Nadia's particular attention.

"Nadia, I am a third year," she said plesantly enough before smoothly standing. She waited for the girl to say her name, nodding curtly, before grabbing her bowl. "It was wonderful meeting you, but I have to go find one my professors to talk about a paper, and then I'll be heading to the library to do some homework. If you need anything don't be shy, everyone here is really nice, and of course, I would be more than willing to show you around if you needed it." Her glance shifted to Tristain as she continued speaking, hardly pausing, "I'll see you around."

She smiled warmly at both of them before heading to the line to drop off her bowl off, waving and grinning at people as she went, leaving a wake of curious, longing glances. Nadia was hoping that her professor would have the answer to all her fears and would tell her exactly what needed to be done; but that was unlikely. As Nadia had anticipated, her professor had been more confusing than helpful, and she stared fitfully down at the sheets of paper. She was in the library, as promised, sitting in a comfortable armchair near the windows. It was where she always studied or read. Her pen was poised to

start making corrections as she sifted through his sloppy handwriting, but it was to no avail. She instead found herself staring out the window.

[O'Children - Nick Cave]

Edited by Profane

Tristan's attention directed back to Nadia as she gave an exit speech, giving her a smile and nod. Once she was gone, he realized that was nearly finished with his breakfast, seeing his nearly empty cappuccino. Glancing back over at Tori, he decided it was about time for him to go get on with his day also. He didn't mind this girl's company but he knew if they hung out much longer and failed to find conversation, it could get awkward. He had seen it many times before but never let himself have the opportunity to be part of it.

"Well I must depart too," he said pleasantly, smiling at Tori, making a move to pick up his trash and empty cup. "But it was nice to meet you. If you ever need to contact me, here's my number," he added, grabbing a small crisp business card out of his pant pocket. He slid it across the table to her, giving her a last little wink before turning and leaving. He was being slightly flirty in his last move, but that was Tristan.

After leaving Tori, Tristan had gone to his dorm for a while and then back to room where he did his morning painting. He found a lot of comfort in the solitude of the room, the silence and mess of boxes and dust. He never really ventured to explore the items in the room besides his own, but he was in a curious mood. Tristan rummaged through a few, but putting them back neatly so they looked nearly undisturbed. There was nothing exciting and he found himself sitting against the stone wall, an elbow leaning on a knee. His other hand rubbed the stone floor, back and forth softly.

His mind wandered slowly until an uneven crack in the floor caught his attention. Turning onto his knees, he knelt close to the crack, observing it carefully. It surrounded a whole block, about a foot by a foot. If he put pressure on it, it moved slightly. It piqued his interest and he tried to pull the block out. It was extremely heavy and he didn't have a good grip on it, but he managed to pull it out. Pushing it aside, Tristan was excited about his discovery. It was dark down the small hole, so he put his hand in, carefully searching around. His hand made contact with a leather object and he fished it out. It was undoubtedly a leather bound book. It was dusk and cracked, but it wasn't more than a few seconds before Tristan realized what it was. His heart nearly skipped a beat and a rush ran through his body. He could not believe it. He had not believed it real, but there it was. The book. The famed book. Tristan didn't really know what to do, but decided he had to tell someone. Placing it back carefully and putting the block back, he stood, brushed off his knees and hurried out of the room.

Reaching the library swiftly, Tristan scoured the place for Nadia, the excitement hard to contain. Catching sight of her, he tried to act as normal, but it was difficult.

"Nadia, Nadia," he said, the apparent excitement in his voice and face as he knelled next to her study desk. "I found it, I found it," he told her in a quick hushed voice. He glanced fervently around the room, not wanting anyone to overhear, not yet. "I need you to understand, I found the book." It had been a rumor around the school, this book that 'told the future', but no one really believed it real. Some guy had written a letter about it, but everyone believed that to be a hoax. Now, though, Tristan knew. He knew and wanted Nadia to know to.

Beggin ? Madcon

Nadia was slowly making progress on her paper, though she was highly distracted that day for some reason. Normally she could focus and get things done in a matter of hours. After all, there was always more than could ever be done. Always. Especially at Henneberg. Inspiration finally struck and she eagerly picked up her pen, writing fervently in native Romanian, finding that easier to write quickly in than the mandated English. Her brow was creased in concentration when her name echoed around her, completely throwing her off. She glanced at Tristan in frustration, rolling her eyes at his comment.

"Of course you found a book Tristan, you're in the library," she murmured quickly, glancing around quickly. Not many people were in the library on the Saturday afternoon, choosing to spend their time doing mundane things that Nadia didn't have time for.

She paused, considering his words again, and his excited manner. Her erect posture softened slightly as she leaned thoughtfully back in her chair. The book? He couldn't be referring to...no, no, it wasn't possible. That was simply a myth. Nothing could tell the future. The future wasn't concrete. She didn't believe in fate, she thought that everyone could determine their own future. And change it if they liked. So there was no way a book knew what was going to happen. Instead of sharing her musings, she found Tristan's eyes, turning in her seat so that her knees were almost pressed against his chest. Nadia leaned forward inquisitively, lowering her voice, "By the book, you mean what? Exactly?"

Circle of Life - Elton John

Tristan's gray eyes trained over Nadia's face, watching every movement and emotion that came across it, assessing her reaction. As she snapped a quick comment, he knew she hadn't heard him right. His eyebrows furrowed, frustrated for a moment that she wasn't catching on. This book had him all wired and, at the moment, he didn't like the fact that she wasn't reacting the same. Yet it only took another moment before he saw it click and watched it run through her head.

As she leaned closer, now facing him, they were close and a hushed voice between them was loud enough to carry a conversation. He listened to her question and his face brightened a bit again, glad to see that she was toying with the idea. It wasn't an easy idea to accept, but he had done it quickly enough, but seeing was believing.

"The book. You know that letter that some students have been passing around that talked of a book that told the future, I found it," he told her, quickly and softly, his face animated. "So come on, you must come see it," Tristan added, his hand resting on her knee for a short moment as he spoke before grabbing her hand and standing, tugging in hopes she would come along willingly, a playful smile bouncing on his lips.

Accident & Emergency ? Patrick Wolf

Nadia sighed softly as he tugged on her hand, glancing toward her paper with the barest hesitation before standing and following him. She was intrigued by what had tricked him into thinking that he had found the fantasy. His playful grin and enthusiastic nature was also difficult to turn away after hours spent alone in the library. While Nadia would, by all means, be considered popular, she preferred to be alone; especially when it came to dating. She was tired of all her presents from her uptown boys. For once, she didn't want a guy to think she needed to be bought.

Her attention was brought back to the book as they stepped into the hallways. Tristan was half a step in front of her, as he knew where they were going and she, did not. A smile fought its way onto her pretty face, shaking her head slightly at the absurdity of what they were doing.

"Why do you think this is the book?" she asked, her voice barely a whisper as it danced into his ear, "You know a book like that doesn't really exist, right? It can't." The words tumbled out quickly, pleading with him to tell him he was joking and had just wanted an excuse to distract her from her work.

Uptown Girl - Billy Joel

Leading Nadia through the school, Tristan walked slightly faster than an average pace. A small smug smile sat on his face, excited to show her his discovery. It was truly a wild idea, a book that told to future, but seeing it had convinced him. The idea of know the future and being able to know what was going to happen excited him for he had not yet thought of the danger that it could bring.

Her voice snapped his thoughts back and he looked over to her, noting her skepticism on the book. He smiled wider, his eyes finding the door that he had been leading her to. "You will see," he answered, his voice low and soft. Once they reached the door, he opened it, letting her go in first. The room was scattered with boxes, old furniture, desks, chairs and his paintings and supplies. He knew Nadia had wanted to see his work and now she could, but he wanted to focus on the book.

"It's over here," Tristan said, going over to the section on the floor where he had pulled the stone up. Kneeling down, he prying the stone floor block up again, just as he had before. Pushing it off to the side, he put his hand in and pulled the book out. He paused, looking back over at Nadia, holding the book carefully.

"Let this be our little secret?" he asked, his eyes locked on to her. He didn't want anyone else to know about it, not yet. Being as dangerous as it could be, he didn't want it getting into more hands than theirs.

Little Secrets ? Passion Pit