Sign in to follow this  
El Bandito

My New Mare

I've sold my young horse, who has went to a great home in idaho. I have visiting rights anytime I want to see him, which makes me happy. The last owner I bought her from named her Misty. She didn't know her name at all. I felt it didn't fit, so I named her Cricket. It fits, right? lol.

So, I tried this mare the other day. She was super quiet and we got along really good. So, I went and bought her the day after I tried her. She used to be a 4-h horse when she was a 2-3 year old, then bought buy a man who just up and left for NY, leaving the horses with no food. So she and her buddy began to loose weight. The cops had been called many times on her. The past owner had even said they had been called out 12 times and he agreed to giving them up. So the lady who I had bought her from rescued her, had got her back up to weight. She said she backed the trailer up to the property and she was leaning over grabbing halters, when the mare cantered by and loaded into the trailer by herself. It was her jail break time.

So, she now lived with me and has a long life ahead of her. Hard black feet, long thick mane and tail which makes me think she is part Mustang. I was told Grade Quarter horse mare. She's 14.2 hh.

Her mane is now brushed and bradied, as well as her tail.

misty011.jpg

misty012.jpg

misty007.jpg

misty002.jpg

I need to buy me a new camera, mine broke. So pictures are held off for now.

Edited by El Bandito

Did you get rid of Bandit?

No, My friend is buying him from me and boarding him on the property. She is a great girl. Had our first trail ride today and she did awesome with it! Maybe spooked once, took everything in stride. Very alert bout everything. Crossed water with a jump and hills like a strong girl she is! Pics on the way after my camera charges its battery

Hey Bandito! Haven't seen you in a while.

Looks like some changes going on with you and your horses. That new mare looks just right for you. Nice size and looks like a wonderful disposition. Calm trail horse for you. You will enjoy that very much I am sure. Looks like you are figuring out what fits well with you as far as horses. Good Job Girl!

Can't remember the little guy's name that you were saddle breaking. I really liked him too. Glad you found a good home for him.

Thanks Guys. Friend and I rode around on the dirt roads by my house and she was amazing once again. very quiet, listened to everything I asked and didnt freak at some quads flying around the corner.

CricketSept015.jpg

CricketSept012.jpg

CricketSept011.jpg

CricketSept009.jpg

CricketSept008.jpg

Good deal Courtney! I'm glad you got yourself a nice, quiet horse!

One question though -- why the halter under the bridle? Personally, I hate doing that because it will interfere with the "signals" sent to the mouth if part of the headstall catches on the halter.

You both look very happy together. She has a very pleasant,curious look about her face when you are riding and her ears are up and forward. I can see why you bought her after your first ride on her. Good for you.

Good deal Courtney! I'm glad you got yourself a nice, quiet horse!

One question though -- why the halter under the bridle? Personally, I hate doing that because it will interfere with the "signals" sent to the mouth if part of the headstall catches on the halter.

That was just for the first time ride, but I'm gonna ride with out if from now on out. haha.

Thanks guys. I'm very happy with her, she's such a great horse.

Navajo- your like way over there -------->> in the states lol..

Were working on gaining the few extra pounds she needs. You can see her backbone just a bit, and her shoulder bone, but also might be a need to build muscle there to. she's 14.2 and 847 lbs

Edited by El Bandito

She's a cute mare. I don't think she needs to gain weight, but perhaps build a better topline. Ride her, and get her using her body correctly and that'll come in no time.

Good luck with her.. She's adorable.

[smiley Wavey]