Sign in to follow this  
thesugarlady

Any Tips On Ground Bee Extermination

You can't use it by your barn or any flammable surfaces.

Old fashioned oil based paint or stain is real good for killing them.

In the morning, just pop the lid off a five gallon can (or 2), set it on it's side to pour down into the holes (which will drown many of them).

Wait until the can(s) is empty and then toss a match or two into the paint.

The thickness of the paint keeps it from being absorbed into the dirt like gas or kerosene.

So it flows into the depths where the queen is and eliminates any future generations too.

A great deal if you buy some of the cheap or free "oops" cans that didn't turn out the correct color.

You can't use it by your barn or any flammable surfaces.

Old fashioned oil based paint or stain is real good for killing them.

In the morning, just pop the lid off a five gallon can (or 2), set it on it's side to pour down into the holes (which will drown many of them).

Wait until the can(s) is empty and then toss a match or two into the paint.

The thickness of the paint keeps it from being absorbed into the dirt like gas or kerosene.

So it flows into the depths where the queen is and eliminates any future generations too.

A great deal if you buy some of the cheap or free "oops" cans that didn't turn out the correct color.

never thought of that.... great idea!!!

speaking of oops colors (totally off topic here lol).. DON'T... I repeat DON'T buy a very dark brown gallon of paint to be mixed with a 5 gallon bucket of white base.... Your barn will turn pink.....

I have no idea if it will work with bees but I do know just a little bit of diatomacious earth will kill off an ant hill within 24 hours. Couldn't hurt to throw a handful down the hole & see what happens.

Edited by willrodeo4food

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, I do have some left over Amdro. the red ants haven't been as bad this summer, so I didn't end up using much of it. It would at least let me get rid of the rest of it.

Oh crud, a 6 pack a week, I thought ours were bad!

Pink barn! LOL

Maybe a professional exterminator?

Just don't get swarmed, for the love of god and all that's holy.

Maybe a professional exterminator?

Just don't get swarmed, for the love of god and all that's holy.

Oh heck no. I give that hole wide birth when I'm at the barn. I only go in the hay room at night, for short and quick trips. Hubby and I have a rule that nobody is allowed to mess with the bees unless there's somebody there to watch the other's back.

I wonder how expensive those exterminators are.

"wonder how expensive those exterminators are."

Less than a trip to the hospital with bee sting sensitivity. We have had some folks get mobbed and stung by the africanized bees, and one fellow in San Diego I think it was, DIED!

The bee guys and exterminators have those suits and smokers, then they dig out the hives and kill the bees.

I did not read the other responses but I can tell you what we have done.

We wait until after dark and all of the bees are in the ground. Then, we pour about a quart of gasoline down the hole and put a shovel full of sod over the hole to block any escapes. The fumes will go through the whole nest of tunnels and kill the bees and the immature larvae and they are usually gone after one treatment.